Just bought EarSonics sm3 v2 and Sennheiser IE80 -- NEED HELP!
Jan 17, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #16 of 26
I briefly owned the IE80 and SM3's for a small period of time and am selling off my current IE8, the FX700 is the way to go if you want a more refined, clearer and deeper bass production IEM compared to the IE80. I could not distinguish any sort of outstanding differences between the IE80 and my IE8 in terms of sound and given that if you really want a good bass and clarity IEM the FX700 or the EX1000 from Sony. will do good.

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #17 of 26
Can I ask where you got your IE80's? There are millions of fakes out there and one of the major complaints is lack of sufficient bass.

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:
Maybe I'm not up to date but there no fake IE80's? The IE80's was made due to the amount of counterfeit IE8's.

There are just as many fake IE80's as there are fake IE8's - they are everywhere.

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:
If you want little more bass I suggest you get Westone UM3X which I almost bought it the other day. The owner told me it has more bass than treble.

+1 strongly agreed and a forgotten one too. Although the UM3X and W4 don't have as much bass impact as the IE80 itself, more quantity = yes, not depth which is something the OP want's. 

Another suggestion, @ OP since your willing to spend so much on a bassy IEM why not just drop around the same amount of money on a good CIEM? I don't have any experience with low to mid-tier CIEM's (except the UE18 and ES5's that I owned which is way out of your budget) but their are plenty of quality comparison threads around to read about on what you may like (I recommend jokers massive IEM/CIEM thread).

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #23 of 26
What type of bass do you prefer, the deep rumble of sub bass or the hard hitting impact of mid bass because in my experience not many headphones manage both.

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #25 of 26
I suggest getting a fiio e6. Its going for between 25 and 30 bucks on amazon so its not a big deal if you hate it and it has a half decent bass boost. Also look into the monster turbine pro golds. I've never personally heard them but they are supposed to have more bass than the coppers which I have heard and I can say that ,if true, that is a ton of bass.

Mar 1, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #26 of 26
Hi there,

I made recently this comparison FX 700 vs. FXZ200. As told in some other thread it is in Spanish but with a decent translator you should pick up most of my comments. 

http://reproductormp3.net/index.php?topic=17728.0

For the lazy ones:

If you looking for deep yet slamming bass, go for the FXZ 200. On the other hand, FX700 give an impressive, deep, spread and embracing bass also slower than FXZ 200's.

Depeding on the type of music you usually listen to, you might choose one over the other. Simply put, large musical performances FX700, closer/unplugged FXZ200. 

For texture on classical intruments, accoustic etc... FX700 for the rest including piano, FXZ200.

SOundstage is absolutely different. Very spread and deep FX700, music moving towards you. INitially very close sound with the FXZ200 but spreading nicely out. As I mention in the review it is the same performance from the public and musicians point of "listening". Very interesting comparison on this specific issue. 

This is a comparison A/B but any of those is a delight. 

For purely and lovely mids, my "unnegotiable" recommendation is Hifiman RE272 (with proper source and amp). In this very case, bass is not slamming, nor embracing it is just a marvelous touch of bass and subbass... a pure delight. 

Having said this, I don't know if I could given away any of the three...although the Earsonics SM3 V2 seems quite worthwhile a shot. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards fm Spain. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back