Just Bought an iMac!!
Jun 7, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #61 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by downingp
thanks for all your help and suggestions. I will give it a shot when I get home from work.

How do I erase all instances of toast? I figure maybe I can start from scratch and start a new intall.

just drag toast (the whole folder) into the trash and empty the trash. that's it.

well, there are a few crumbs lying around, like in the User/Library/Preferences folder...there should be a com.roxio.Toast.plist file that you can also move to the trash and empty. OS X doesn't come with an uninstaller, so moving applications into the trash (and their respective preference file) is usually all you need to do to remove/uninstall applications.

Jan 20, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #62 of 97
Just picked up a new ALU iMac today and it's pretty slick. Got one of these new Iomega eSata/Firewire800/400 drives 500GB for Time Machine too. I think this has to be my favorite computing set up so far.

Jan 20, 2008 at 11:26 AM Post #63 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by serpico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just picked up a new ALU iMac today and it's pretty slick. Got one of these new Iomega eSata/Firewire800/400 drives 500GB for Time Machine too. I think this has to be my favorite computing set up so far.

Congrats! I bought my 17" MacBook Pro in September of 2006, and I've used it constantly since. I did up the ram to 2gigs and upgraded to Leopard as soon as it came out, but other than that it's stock. I have recently started transitioning myself away from Windows, since the Mac does everything I need and it never complains about it! I'm planning on replacing the hard drive with a WD 320gig, but I'm dreading the installation (looks tricky).

Any questions? Don't hesitate to ask.

Jan 20, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #64 of 97
I switched back in 2001 starting with used macs to try but still use a pc for my business. I'll probably upgrade my business computers to mac's since they can run windows too if I require it still. I've been in to computers since I was 10 years old, it's been 25 years now! So much has changed. I used to tinker and build pc's for my family, now I just recommend them to something and save my time. Mac's just bring out your creativity for some reason. I have time to work on different projects with music, photos and videos mainly because it's so easy with Apple's apps. Tinkering is for kids with time on their hands!
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #70 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry
frown.gif

****, we got some haters here, huh?
biggrin.gif
At least I didn't buy a new PC with Vista! Then our buddy above could smash that into bits and leave it on the side of the road for someone's mom.

Jan 21, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #71 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by serpico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
****, we got some haters here, huh?
biggrin.gif
At least I didn't buy a new PC with Vista! Then our buddy above could smash that into bits and leave it on the side of the road for someone's mom.

Even with destroying the vista pc and buying a replacement, he would still save some $1000 over an equivalent Mac.

I hope you realize the ONLY difference between a Mac and a PC is the fancy white case. I can run OSX on my pc very easily if I wanted to. And don't go telling me it's illegal either because I guarantee you that you have a song on your computer that you didn't pay for.

The only people that can rightfully bring up that point is a person that has never downloaded or borrowed and ripped a CD. Otherwise, why is that stopping you? That eliminates 99.9% of people right there.

Jan 21, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #72 of 97
As usual, find an equivalent pc specs, form factor, and comparable vendor that's a better deal, and we'll listen. The imac isn't a DIY beige box with a flat panel.

Jan 21, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #73 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As usual, find an equivalent pc specs, form factor, and comparable vendor that's a better deal, and we'll listen. The imac isn't a DIY beige box with a flat panel.

Dell.com

Beige boxes? I didn't know prebuilts still came that way.

Jan 21, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #75 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dell.com

The only comparable machine to the iMac, the XPS-ONE, starts at $1299. I'd say the value is about equivalent. You can't exactly build your own all-in-one.

Honestly, did an 18 month old thread really need to be dug up just so a bunch of immature kids could take cheap shots?

Whomever it was who got the new iMac today and resurrected the thread, congratulations and enjoy. Don't mind the preschoolers, they'll go back to napping soon.

--Chris

PS -- If you search deep back in the head-fi archives, you will find a good number of Mac bashing children who have since grown up to become worthwhile participants at head-fi. Guess what: some of them also now own Macs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back