Just Bought a PS3
Jan 17, 2009 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Jigglybootch

Headphoneus Supremus
I probably shouldn't have done it (especially since I was on track to eliminate all of my credit card debt by March), but I couldn't help myself. Anything productive I might have been able to do tomorrow is no longer likely to be done. I will instead most likely spend the day tinkering with the PS3 and TV settings.

Jan 17, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #2 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I probably shouldn't have done it (especially since I was on track to eliminate all of my credit card debt by March), but I couldn't help myself. Anything productive I might have been able to do tomorrow is no longer likely to be done. I will instead most likely spend the day tinkering with the PS3 and TV settings.

Gratz! Blu-ray FTW!
It's got a ton of those settings and options too...

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #4 of 44
There's a thread somewhere in here on good games to buy for PS3, so check it out! Wipeout HD is a must buy too
biggrin.gif

Also be sure to take advantage of media streaming, works great!

Jan 17, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #5 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also be sure to take advantage of media streaming, works great!

sometimes... i have to disable the media server features or i get constantly disconnected from PSN and it also randomly would cause my PC to get disconnected from the network on top of that actually getting it to connect and stay connected to my PC to stream stuff required a virgin sacrifice during the full moon at the time when the moonlight passes through a special crystal at the end of a staff with a length of exactly 3 cubits

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #8 of 44
The only thing I bought with it was Transformers on BR. I was going to pick up Iron Man because I still haven't seen it, but I couldn't find it and wasn't about to drive all over Harrisburg looking for it. The fact that it was about 2 degrees outside had a lot to do with that decision.

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #9 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by _j_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's got a ton of those settings and options too...

You're not kidding. And not only that, I've got all the options I can play with on my TV and receiver as well (a Bravia XBR 5 and Pioner Elite VXS-94TXH).

Jan 17, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #11 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Dark Knight is probably the best looking BD out there at the moment.

I'm going to pick up the Dark Knight eventually. But I actually saw that in the theater and figured I'd wait a little bit and pick up a movie or two I've either never seen or haven't seen in a while. But on my next movie run I'm definitely picking up Iron Man and Dark Knight, and maybe Serenity (just because I'm a huge Firefly dork).

Jan 17, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #12 of 44
Iron Man and Dark Knight are must have Blurays. Not sure about Serenity though. If you like Shakira, definitely get that one too. It's one of the best quality music BD.
Animation wise, anything from Pixar, really. Game wise, I don't know - I don't play that much since to be honest not many titles excite me yet. But Metal Gear 4 is I think is one of the best games I've ever played.

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #13 of 44
I second metal gear solid 4.

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #14 of 44
Congratulations
smily_headphones1.gif

I also have a PS3 and unfortunately I've never seen a real BD movie. Only .MKV files that were converted to VOB.
Anyways, I have GTA IV and FIFA09. I ordered Uncharted and I'm waiting for it to arrive. Also my friend gave me Resistance: Fall of Man, and it's brilliant! CO-OP ftw!

Jan 17, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #15 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it also randomly would cause my PC to get disconnected from the network

I quickly realized that my new PS3 was the cause of exacltly the same symptoms on my home network after the Sony was installed. Shutting the player down when not in use instantly got rid of the problem.

What's the cause?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back