Just bitten by snake
Aug 30, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #31 of 53
Aug 30, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #34 of 53
Aug 30, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #35 of 53
Super glad that you're ok ClieOs. Yes, as much as I find snakes and other critters fascinating, I don't think I could live in Australia where almost everything seems to bite and want to kill you with venom. I am sure locals don't care as they are born into it, but damn that must take some getting used to, having to worry about so many dangerous things. And that is on the land, then in the ocean you have sharks and deadly jelly-fish … Yikes.

Aug 30, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #36 of 53
Found this little guy not far outside of the house, already dead. My guess is this is the one that bit me as I did step on it first. As far as I can tell it is not one of the 26-ish species of venomous snakes in my country.

DSC_0228.jpg

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #37 of 53
Found this little guy not far outside of the house, already dead. My guess is this is the one that bit me as I did step on it first. As far as I can tell it is not one of the 26-ish species of venomous snakes in my country.

I know it's dead, but why does it look so deflated? Feels like i'm only looking at the skin,

Aug 31, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #38 of 53
I know it's dead, but why does it look so deflated? Feels like i'm only looking at the skin,

It probably was lying dead in the heat and sun for a couple of days... shriveling up like a dead worm.

Sep 8, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #42 of 53
What next? Man bites dog?

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #43 of 53
If you see one snake, chance are there are more just around the corner...

DSC_0250.jpg

This one I can say in confidence is not venomous, as it is a fairly common reticulated python. My cats spotted it first trying to enter the house in 2.30am, then their strange behaviour alerted me. Given it is very early in the morning and this thing is known to hunt cats, I bashed it on the head and send it away for good. No stepping onto or get bitten this time.

Still, damn that there so many snakes around these days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back