Just a WOW for ibasso - UPS
Jan 13, 2011 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Rat Salad

100+ Head-Fier

I ordered a D4 Mambo on 1-10.. on UPS truck for delivery 1-13 (today)..

I have ordered China goods before.. no one does it better!

Jan 13, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 11

I am not sure if they charged at all.   Unless the 21.00 I paid Ibasso for shipping included the charge.  There was no explanantion of shipping charges.

Jan 13, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 11
You will have none or very little brokerage charges since ibasso declares the value of goods very small and their shipping times are one of the best of the sellers ive bought from.

Jan 13, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #5 of 11
Just be super careful if you are using the USB cable with the D4 - if you can plug it in and connected to both computer and amp permanently, so much the better.

Jan 13, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #6 of 11
estreeter,, I am new to mobile audio and not exactly sure what you are saying.

I am using the USB and the "amp'd" headphone Jack on the D4. 

It sounds like you are saying I should use as D4 DAC only (LO output) and add an amp.  if so.. suggested amp?

Jan 13, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #7 of 11
No. I'm not suggesting that you use it as 'DAC only' - I consider the amp in my D4 to be the jewel in its crown, while I was never particularly taken with the DAC.

The problem I had was simple - the mini-USB connector on the D4 stopped functioning after a few months of use, rendering the USB DAC inoperable. It was actually a blessing in disguise, leading me to shell out for a dedicated DAC and relieve me of the usual 'I like that new XXXXX amp, but I really need a DAC/amp !' hassle.

Predictably, iBasso have upped the ante with the Fer-De-Lance, but I still dont trust those mini-USB connections.

Jan 17, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #10 of 11
indeed some of the fastest shipping around and I also shared your pleasant surprise the first time I bought from them. you can almost watch it make its way across the planet with the online tracking. estreeter, not sure whats going on there. I use my D10 USB regularly, though mainly for charging as I have other home and portable dacs, but ive had it for years without any problems

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #11 of 11
Thanks qusp - guess I am just unlucky, or maybe I jiggled it too often - in any case, still happy with the amp, esp now that I have Topkitted it.

At this stage, I am very close to ordering the P4 simply to experience the phenomenal iBasso turnaround time ! Seriously, I have been waiting for 3 pairs of headphones for well over a week now - all Aussie etailers and one less than 400km from the town I live in. The Topkit took 13 days to get here from Florida, which I can live with, but the time it takes to put something in a truck (our town is on the major trucking route between Brissie and Melbourne, for $^#@^& sake ...) is really annoying, recent events in QLD notwithstanding. Australia Post are particularly woeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back