just a little shout out to blue jeans cable
Aug 2, 2007 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

jcn3

1000+ Head-Fier
ordered an lc-1 ic at noon on tuesday and got it today (two days). that's good service!

the cable looks well made, but you can't call it glamorous. i'll look forward to hearing how it sounds.

Aug 2, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 28
Blue Jeans cables may not be extraordinary, but I think they are decent and certainly affordable. I use a pair of their speaker cables for a long run back to the rear speakers for my HT system. I have no complaints about their build quality or sound - and certainly couldn't have afforded any of the better(??) "boutique" speaker wires that are on the market.

Good to hear from another happy customer; hope you like the sound, too.

Holly

Aug 2, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 28
yep. I just ran 300 feet of Blue Jeans' 12 GA wire to all my surround speakers. Good stuff.

Aug 2, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #5 of 28
i know the lc-1 is probably not burned in yet (after 2-3 hours), but my immediate reaction is very positive -- it extended the hf range and provided a wider and better articulated soundstage.

i was considering adding a silver dragon cable to the hd600s, but i'm not sure that's needed. any "veil" that was there is gone.

Aug 3, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #6 of 28
I have speaker cables and a set of LC-1 interconnects along with a custom mini->mini they made for me. Great customer service and fast shipping! I will be doing business with them many more times

Aug 3, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #7 of 28
Another satisfied BJC customer here.
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #11 of 28
Yeah, two days from Washington to me as well. They have some of the fastest service I've ever seen.

You'd be hard-pressed to do better than the LC-1 for less than ten times the cost, especially if you're only using short runs. The capacitance is much lower than the majority of boutique cables according to some third-party tests that are floating around.

I haven't been tempted to upgrade any of my speaker or interconnect cables since I replaced all of the important ones with BJC. The cables deliver the full-bandwidth signal in a neutral enough manner that I'd rather spend my time swapping out speakers, headphones, sources, and amps than doing cable A-Bing.
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #13 of 28
Can't say enough about BJC. Fast shipping, great service, great build, and no snake oil. The website contains good information on the science behind SQ. I actually preferred these to AudioQuest King Cobras I was auditioning.

Aug 4, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #15 of 28
I like a cable company that just uses good high quality wire and connectors from great vendors and tells you how the cables are made. Well done Blue Jeans and at a good price.

Many try to hide the fact they use wire commonly available at bulk prices but with a fancy cover or braid.

No voodoo or snake oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back