just a little shout out to blue jeans cable
Aug 4, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like a cable company that just uses good high quality wire and connectors from great vendors and tells you how the cables are made. Well done Blue Jeans and at a good price.

Many try to hide the fact they use wire commonly available at bulk prices but with a fancy cover or braid.

No voodoo or snake oil.

Very good points!

I bought speaker wire and some ICs for my HT system and I have nothing but good things to say about them. Quality stuff at budget prices along with excellent service.

Aug 5, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #18 of 28
I received my LC-1s within 5 days (international shipping). Sound quality is very close to my Chord Cobra 3. My major gripe over them is that they are really inflexible, and my rig has to be a few more inches away from my wall for this reason.

Aug 5, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #19 of 28
I won the pair that ASR gave away, (he actually ordered and had them shipped to me) and I'm using them to couple my dvd player to my dared mp5 for watching live concert dvds and movies with my ms-pros :p

Fantastic cables, highly recommended!!
rs1smile.gif

Aug 5, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #20 of 28
Very satisfied with the 12 gauge speaker wire from BJC I got for Christmas. I didn't realize how thick 12 gauge wire was!

Answer: Seriously thick.

Aug 5, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by sschell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very satisfied with the 12 gauge speaker wire from BJC I got for Christmas. I didn't realize how thick 12 gauge wire was!

Answer: Seriously thick.

Yeah, and just imagine the thickness of 10 AWG... I had to take a drill to the spring clip style binding posts on my original receiver just to get them to fit, and even then, it was tough preventing some copper strands from splaying out.
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #22 of 28
I'm considering ordering some Blue Jeans cables. Does anybody have any pictures showing what they look like (the pictures on their website really only show the ends) and how flexible they are (I'm not sure which model RCA IC I should get)?

Aug 9, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #24 of 28
Don't mean to be the class idiot, but, would someone be so kind as to post a link where these cables can be purchased???

Thanks in advance!

Roger

Aug 9, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #26 of 28
Here's what the connector, boot, and black cable look like... Now all you have to imagine is a few feet of black cable with the same connector on the other end.
biggrin.gif

compcmbo.jpg

They are considered "inflexible" only because the jacket is so thick, and the cable won't start bending until about a half-inch after the boot (colored part). Otherwise, they're flexible. It's not like you'll be struggling to make them bend in the middle or something.

Aug 9, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #27 of 28
Ha, a little late. I already purchased the cables (on Sunday) and they arrived yesterday:

bluejeanscablesarrived.jpg

Flexibility is pretty bad, unfortunately (especially with that 1 foot coaxial cable)
frown.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #28 of 28
Quick question... Does BJC measure interconnects from boot to boot or from tip to tip; is that digital coaxial cable 1' total, or just for the black part?

If it's 1' total, it may be best to buy a longer length than you think you'll need for reasons of flexibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back