JRiver Media Center 19 is better!
Jan 30, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #47 of 178

From Jriver wiki concerning Wasapi, ASIO etc.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

There are some things to be aware of when using hardware direct communication:
  1. During audio playback, the soundcard will be locked. You will not be able to play sounds from a web browser or other program while audio is playing.

Must be something with Chrome. ??

I specifically remember this did not happen with foosbar w/ wasapi. Tho i'm going to try again to confirm this,

EDIT: with foosbar+ wasapi, i had to close the program in order to get sound from youtube. with jriver + wasapi, it only works sometimes and when it does work, it takes longer than foosbar to get audio back from youtube. I tried with different browser (Comodo Dragon) and it's the samething so i think it's something to do with the OS or Jriver. 

I just answered that it's two different sample rates

if this was the case, then why does youtube work in IE and not in chrome? 

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #48 of 178
Matt @ J.River had a really bad accident a few weeks back.  He's doing better now according to the J. River message boards.  My prayers go out to him and his family in this trying time.  Here's to his speedy recovery.

This will likely slow down to the J.river improvments.  The team was moving really fast with Matt at the lead.  Now all we can do is wait and wish Matt all the best.

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #49 of 178
Does anyone know if Jriver can play an APE file?

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #52 of 178
  The best feature of 19 is DSP PCM2DSD. You need at least an i5 to do the calcs necessary plus have a DSD128 DAC.

I never heard Redbook better, and this is on a very, very humble DSD DAC, Korg DS-DAC-10. For DSF files, a lot more detail. The Korg and the MPD-3 both use an ASIO compatible driver on Win 8.1.

Cannot go back to WASAPI or any other PCM direct listening anymore, I'm hooked on DSD!

LOL. Converting on the fly is now better than native?

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #53 of 178

Matt Ashland who is their Chief Technology Officer, was the creator of the Monkey's Audio (APE) lossless audio format.
So I would assume they will support the format :)

ha ha, good answer. 

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #54 of 178
JRiver are very much about anything bit perfect sounding the same so they sell their features and platform which is great. 
I personally don't agree and think players do sound different. Theirs is quite good. I slightly prefer XBMC/wasapi on my PC (may vary) and also like Jplay which JRiver advises against. I don't use a PC as my listening player but just went through these comparisons for curiosities sake on my new w7 laptop with something recorded and mastered by an associate.
I5-3.3ghz, 8gb RAM, SSD. In the past I would use an ASIO JET based 1394 interface SPdif to a top DAC if I really needed to hear something. Wavelab as player.

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #57 of 178
thanks, lol a scam and a hoax no less...bon appétit
biggrin.gif

apparently DAPHILE is the new big thing FWIR, many jplay users migrated.

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #59 of 178
Thanks to JRiver I may have found my ultimate Audio DAP solution:  Panasonic FZ-M1 + JRiver + Chord HUGO !  

the FZ-M1 is a rugged 7" Tablet with 256 Gb on board + MicroSD, USB 3 & USB 3 & Windows 8.1 pro 64 bits:  384 Gb total !

Compared to the usual DAP solutions, this will allow to use some fun plug-in like Isone Pro or to watch iTune HD or, more important, to stream Audio from Qobuz :)

but... since I am totaly newbes to JRiver, can you tell me if for Audio, it is as practical as iTune ? with complete playlist management and Cover-Art browsing ? 

Apr 3, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #60 of 178
BUT BUT BUT.... Most of my collection is  ALAC  and I read JRIVER do not threat ALAC Well !  is it correct ?  What other Windows player can be recommended that "like" ALAC ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back