JQ Audio Impressions Thread
Feb 2, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #196 of 229
Yeah, they look very generic, not ugly, but definitely not fit for a nearly $2000 IEM.

On JQ’s official shop it is actually called Five Baht, not White Knight as renamed by Linsoul*

right..a $1850 product named “5 baht” that could be passed off as the JQ4U - lmao isn’t that too modest? Apart from the Engrish and lazy design I had so far read one Chinese impression, stating that it is a caliber above some flagships of Kakashi Audio (another highly regarded brand in Chinese audiophile community) but also having another opinion elsewhere which said it “missed the mark”

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #197 of 229
On JQ’s official shop it is actually called Five Baht, not White Knight as renamed by Linsoul*

right..a $1850 product named “5 baht” that could be passed off as the JQ4U - lmao isn’t that too modest? Apart from the Engrish and lazy design I had so far read one Chinese impression, stating that it is a caliber above some flagships of Kakashi Audio (another highly regarded brand in Chinese audiophile community) but also having another opinion elsewhere which said it “missed the mark”
I'm not sure how the higher end JQs are packaged, but fhe 4U almost got me chockeed when I 1st received it.
One side was a massive gundam mecha and the other was literally the word Chinese. The box is massive.
Mostly all wasted material though. I'm pretty sure all the actual important contents could fit in a Starfield box.

Feb 4, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #198 of 229
Freq graph from BGGAR
JQ White Knight.
JQ White Knight.png

Feb 4, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #199 of 229

Feb 10, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #200 of 229
Feb 11, 2021 at 4:05 AM Post #202 of 229
Feb 12, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #203 of 229
Absolute joy with it that I got a second pair, The 8+1pro

B3DCA3A5-1218-4323-A0C9-4C87F489D364.jpeg

the older 8+1’s switch control is subtle while the 8+1pro is more responsive. 8+1pro sounds best with both switches down and the older 8+1 with only the “KE” switch up

AC5BF7AB-CBA8-4F58-8C6E-B22C5A1A3865.jpeg

8+1pro’s metal nozzle as as compared with the normal four bore type. I prefer the smaller nozzle on older 8+1 as it has a deeper fit.

7DDC9891-748E-465B-8DC1-A91DC2A944F2.jpeg

Isn’t the faceplate just mesmerizing? The HJ and the Elk pales in comparison for design.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #204 of 229
Absolute joy with it that I got a second pair, The 8+1pro

the older 8+1’s switch control is subtle while the 8+1pro is more responsive. 8+1pro sounds best with both switches down and the older 8+1 with only the “KE” switch up

8+1pro’s metal nozzle as as compared with the normal four bore type. I prefer the smaller nozzle on older 8+1 as it has a deeper fit.

Isn’t the faceplate just mesmerizing? The HJ and the Elk pales in comparison for design.

Nice that you got the JQ 8+1! The reviews i've seen on those have been very good. ( Wish i could get a pair of Elk myself as the Elk is the updated 8+1 model, but taobao )
As for the looks, it's of course to each their own, i actually think the opposite, that the 8+1 look the least interesting! IMO the Elk and JQ HJ both look sooooo much better than the 8+1, the black looks very boring to me personally. The logo on both newer models look muuuuch better, instead of just having "JQ" on them, like the 8+1. The very generic and plain boring black look of the 8+1 does't even come close to the looks of their newer models. But again, that's just my opinion.
JQ-Hua-Jiang-2EST-6BA-1DD-Exquisite-Works-of-Art-High-fidelity-audio.jpg_q50.jpg
Naamloos.png

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #205 of 229
Nice that you got the JQ 8+1! The reviews i've seen on those have been very good. ( Wish i could get a pair of Elk myself as the Elk is the updated 8+1 model, but taobao )
As for the looks, it's of course to each their own, i actually think the opposite, that the 8+1 look the least interesting! IMO the Elk and JQ HJ both look sooooo much better than the 8+1, the black looks very boring to me personally. The logo on both newer models look muuuuch better, instead of just having "JQ" on them, like the 8+1. The very generic and plain boring black look of the 8+1 does't even come close to the looks of their newer models. But again, that's just my opinion.

That's fair, all of JQ's lineup should be tried as it offers so much. To me that Elk faceplate reminds me of the exuberant red that gamers would like. Very flashy.
The 8+1 is not for sale anymore, I might just settle with them as I don't foresee myself needing any upgrade. But I can't resist the itch to try the Elk myself to hear whether it is an upgrade.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #206 of 229
That's fair, all of JQ's lineup should be tried as it offers so much. To me that Elk faceplate reminds me of the exuberant red that gamers would like. Very flashy.
The 8+1 is not for sale anymore, I might just settle with them as I don't foresee myself needing any upgrade. But I can't resist the itch to try the Elk myself to hear whether it is an upgrade.

From what all the reviews are saying, is that the Elk is just a small improvement over the 8+1!
Of course it's your money! But IMO if it really is such a small improvement, i don't think it's worth it!

I have to say though that the JQ Audio customer support is pretty sweet! Maybe you can ask them to have one of your 8+1s exchanged for the Elk, with a little extra payment? ( Just an idea )

Linsoul did also mention awhile ago that they are looking to sell more JQ Audio IEMs. Here's hoping they will sell the Elk.

I guess only time will tell, anyway, happy listening!

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #207 of 229
JQ4U
Single Be Driver
MSRP: $160 (on Linsoul)

Build Quality is excellent IMO, small with good fit
U-shaped, warm with some boost on lower treble to add some sparkle, overall has smooth signature but the treble can be a bit harsh at some track
Bass texture can be improved tho, there is nothing wrong in midrange.
technical is pretty average nothing outstanding, tonality is good one

Recommendation : 3.5 / 5

at this price range i still think See Audio Yume has the upper hand for overall and lot of competition on the price range for sure, it's not bad
1619408505859.png

on a side note, JQ4U actually only 699 RMB which cost around $107 and usually discounted at 599RMB ($90)
Definitely solid choices if you can get JQ4U around $100, but for $160 there is some IEM that much better than JQ4U

1619411481053.png

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #209 of 229
I wondering has anyone on here had a listen to the JQ White Knight and could give me there impression .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back