JQ Audio Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #166 of 229
Is the bass can represent speed double pedal quite well?
I'd be happy to help if you have any question regarding the JQ Hua Jiang, but i don't understand your question! Do you mean if it has fast and tight bass or something else?

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #170 of 229
Well, i've recently got my hands on the Sony IER-M9, and had some extensive listening sessions with it, and of course compared it with the JQ Hua Jiang.
IMO, the Sony IER-M9 is no match for the JQ Hua Jiang! The only thing the Sony IER-M9 has over the JQ Hua Jiang, would be the bass.

I do have to say though, that as an overall IEM, and with it's sound signature, the Sony IER-M9 is more relaxed, and thus more suitable for longer listening sessions.
But other than that, IMO, the JQ is a far superior IEM, than the Sony IER-M9.

Just don't forget to get yourself a Litz cable, to go along with the JQ Hua Jiang! At least, that is what i would recommend.
Litz Cable.png

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #172 of 229
Aug 2, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #173 of 229
I mean to some degree we all change our opinions on stuff. So some slight changes here and there should be ok. At least in my opinion.

I fully agree. I like BGGAR’s videos because I dig his music selection, and the graphs are very helpful. He recently mentioned he’s listened to hundreds of IEMs, so I appreciate his extensive experience. I don’t always agree with him, though, the Legacy 9 was a no go for me and I sold it. Still, a good resource for the community, especially with all these interesting Chinese designs coming to market at reasonable prices, both high and low.

Aug 2, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #175 of 229
I fully agree. I like BGGAR’s videos because I dig his music selection, and the graphs are very helpful. He recently mentioned he’s listened to hundreds of IEMs, so I appreciate his extensive experience. I don’t always agree with him, though, the Legacy 9 was a no go for me and I sold it. Still, a good resource for the community, especially with all these interesting Chinese designs coming to market at reasonable prices, both high and low.
I dont listen to his style of music but found that his recommendations have either been crap or fantastic for me. He also seems to be one of the few truly honest reviewers, although he 100% is affected by bias when it comes to linsoul.

Aug 2, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #176 of 229
I don’t know about you guys, but part of the allure with IEMs for me are the aesthetics, I really like collecting novel designs that are built especially well.

Aug 2, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #177 of 229
I don’t know about you guys, but part of the allure with IEMs for me are the aesthetics, I really like collecting novel designs that are built especially well.
I agree, but sound is of course nr 1 priority and price second. Aesthetics are probably nr 3 for me.

Aug 2, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #178 of 229
I dont listen to his style of music but found that his recommendations have either been crap or fantastic for me. He also seems to be one of the few truly honest reviewers, although he 100% is affected by bias when it comes to linsoul.

Linsoul, from my understanding, keeps him busy with free samples, so as someone who writes reviews, it can be an ethical dilemma. You don’t want to piss off a vendor, but you don’t want to come across as a shill. Tricky waters ...

Aug 2, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #179 of 229
I agree, but sound is of course nr 1 priority and price second. Aesthetics are probably nr 3 for me.

Definitely the performance is number one, but for me, aesthetics come next, then price.

For instance, I really like the way the 64 Audio Nio looks with the abalone faceplate, and from what I can gather, it’s likely got a tone that will appeal to me, but in this case, I‘m put off by the price knowing similar 8+1 designs from China are half the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back