JPlay 6
Sep 27, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #286 of 347
I just want to say that I unticked the Fidelizer Pro 6.10 OS timer resolution, set it to Extremist/Network render with JplayStreamer as audiophile player, changed the Jplay clock to 3 (15.6) in regedit and set Jplay settings to 1 Hz/10 sec/UltraStream/KS. Wow! Amazing just got one notch better! I also tried hibernate mode with my JplayStreamer setup without success...but I do not care. I just got convinced that UltraStream really is better than Classic engine! Thanks Marcin

to try hibernate, you need to insert a USB stick into the PC. it will go blank and need to be removed to bring back to active mode.

After you tried hibernate, you will notice the improvement is even greater than using ultrastream

Thanks I will try it! :) Thought that JplayStreamer did not need the USB stick.

Sep 27, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #288 of 347
Thanks ccschua and Music Alchemist. I got it working now. Sounds amazing! :) The funny thing is that I am now back to Fidelizer with OS timer ticked and Jplay with Classic engibe/350 Hz/0.01 settings...but now in Hibernate mode. Notised that the clock went back from 3 to 0 after changing album or restarting the computer. I am guessing that BubbleDS Next is forcing it back? IF anyone have a solution for this I Would be grateful! :) Not that I am dissapointed. I am already over the moon! :) Classic sounds really good in Hibernate mode and I think it sounds a bit better than UltraStream in some aspects as well.

Sep 27, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #289 of 347
Quote:
Thanks ccschua and Music Alchemist. I got it working now. Sounds amazing! :) The funny thing is that I am now back to Fidelizer with OS timer ticked and Jplay with Classic engibe/350 Hz/0.01 settings...but now in Hibernate mode. Notised that the clock went back from 3 to 0 after changing album or restarting the computer. I am guessing that BubbleDS Next is forcing it back? IF anyone have a solution for this I Would be grateful! :) Not that I am dissapointed. I am already over the moon! :) Classic sounds really good in Hibernate mode and I think it sounds a bit better than UltraStream in some aspects as well.

With the OS timer ticked, Fidelizer 6.10 (Pro or free versions) will reset the timer resolution to 0.5ms (clock setting of 0) and the core engine will continue to run only to maintain this timer resolution (according to Windows X). If you don't tick the OS timer, Fidelizer will not affect the timer resolution, but other programs may. To date, information posted on the JPLAY Forum indicates that:

1. Allcoreanycures, Bughead Infinity Blade SQ, HQPlayer and Kazoo set the timer resolution to 1.0ms;

2.  JPLAYmini uses the current JPLAY clock setting provided no other program changes the timer resolution;

3. JRiver does not change the timer resolution.

To check whether BubbleDS changes the timer resolution during music playback, you can use Clockres v2.0 (https://technet.micr...ernals/bb897568) or Windows System Timer Tool v3 (http://vvvv.org/cont...stem-timer-tool)

Sep 27, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #290 of 347
I am looking for some front end that can work like aurrender with album art view and selection of music (including queue), etc.

jriver or ??

Sep 27, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #291 of 347
I am looking for some front end that can work like aurrender with album art view and selection of music (including queue), etc.

jriver or ??

Then you should look into JplayStreamer with BubbleDS Next on Android device as I am currently using. It have all that you need plus amazing SQ! :) I personally use it with Tidal lossless streaming but works with Minimserver and similar with local files.

Sep 27, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #292 of 347
Quote:

With the OS timer ticked, Fidelizer 6.10 (Pro or free versions) will reset the timer resolution to 0.5ms (clock setting of 0) and the core engine will continue to run only to maintain this timer resolution (according to Windows X). If you don't tick the OS timer, Fidelizer will not affect the timer resolution, but other programs may. To date, information posted on the JPLAY Forum indicates that:

1. Allcoreanycures, Bughead Infinity Blade SQ, HQPlayer and Kazoo set the timer resolution to 1.0ms;

2.  JPLAYminiuses the current JPLAY clock setting provided no other program changes the timer resolution;

3. JRiver does not change the timer resolution.

To check whether BubbleDS changes the timer resolution during music playback, you can use Clockres v2.0 (https://technet.micr...ernals/bb897568) or Windows System Timer Tool v3 (http://vvvv.org/cont...stem-timer-tool)

Thanks! I have downloaded Clockres v2 some days ago...but it could'nt run. I guess I need to uninstall Fidelizer before I use it since I am using Extremist mode? Using W10 BTW. After unticking OS timer in Fidelizer and settings the clock to 3 (15.6) the settings goes back to 0.5 sec.
Another thing that troubles me now is that I can only play one track in Hibernate mode on BubbleDS Next. On the Next track it repeats (but showing next track no but track count stays on 0:00) and start to randomly play tracks from previously played tracks. This only happens in Hibernate mode on all engines and settings. IF I jump forward the next track playes to the end and it all repeats on coming track. Strange?

Sep 27, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #293 of 347
BernieK Found my clock problem! It was my The Sycon v1.61 Minimum latency settings that pushed down the clock. After changing it to low latency and 128 samples everything is working properly. I will have to figure out uf this is the ultimate setting though. Might need to adjust...but ut is working so far without any issues. Could'nt get the Clocres v2 or WSTT v3 to work on my W10 computer though. Now I only have my Hibernate issue to deal with. Still the same problem. :-/

Sep 27, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #294 of 347
I'm not familiar with BubbleDS Next, but with respect to the Hibernate problem, you might want to describe your difficulty on the JPLAY forum. If Josef or Marcin can't provide any immediately helpful advice, Josef might suggest (or you could) setting up a remote session to diagnose the problem and devise a solution. He helped me via a remote session with a problem I had using Streamer with JRiver. Following his diagnosis he provided me with a slightly modified version of the Streamer that solved the problem. Terrific service! Good luck.

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #295 of 347
I'm not familiar with BubbleDS Next, but with respect to the Hibernate problem, you might want to describe your difficulty on the JPLAY forum. If Josef or Marcin can't provide any immediately helpful advice, Josef might suggest (or you could) setting up a remote session to diagnose the problem and devise a solution. He helped me via a remote session with a problem I had using Streamer with JRiver. Following his diagnosis he provided me with a slightly modified version of the Streamer that solved the problem. Terrific service! Good luck.

Thanks! Marcin is normally on this thread too giving advices...but maybe not as frequent as on the Jplay forum. I usually enjoy learning by finding answers and doing myself. Lately I just want to get it done so I can start to only enjoy the music instead of dealing with issues after trying to improve things. My curiousity is killing the music lover inside of me! :wink:

Sep 28, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #296 of 347
Hi Marcin!
Qobuz have released 24-bit streaming that is working on Linn DS Network streamers http://www.whathifi.com/news/qobuz-hi-res-streaming-now-live-android
This is really good news in my book! :) Will it work with JplayStreamer/BubbleDS Next as well? Would be amazing IF it did! :)
Bummer...Qobuz is not available in Sweden yet!:grimacing: But someone else might be happy IF JplayStreamer works with it. :wink:

Oct 4, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #297 of 347
In regards to using Hibernate, unless something has changed, my understanding is that for a one PC setup, the Hibernate function may or may not work even with the use of a USB stick. I know in my setup, using the Hibernate function "freezes" my computer such that I have to reboot it each time. I have communicated with Marcin about this and understood I was just one of the unlucky ones, i.e., there was no real solution to the issue.

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #298 of 347
In regards to using Hibernate, unless something has changed, my understanding is that for a one PC setup, the Hibernate function may or may not work even with the use of a USB stick. I know in my setup, using the Hibernate function "freezes" my computer such that I have to reboot it each time. I have communicated with Marcin about this and understood I was just one of the unlucky ones, i.e., there was no real solution to the issue.

Thanks gareneau! I am aware that Hibernate mode is not guarantee to work on single PC setup. However, since I am running in JplayStreamer for Tidal it is not a pure single PC setup since I am using Android tablet as control device. I am getting it to work for one song at a time before BubbleDS Next gets nuts. Currently trying different the Sycon driver values to see IF it will make a change. I will report back IF I get it to work! :)

Oct 4, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #299 of 347
Thanks gareneau! I am aware that Hibernate mode is not guarantee to work on single PC setup. However, since I am running in JplayStreamer for Tidal it is not a pure single PC setup since I am using Android tablet as control device. I am getting it to work for one song at a time before BubbleDS Next gets nuts. Currently trying different the Sycon driver values to see IF it will make a change. I will report back IF I get it to work! :)

In my case, I am controlling the single PC through the Linn Kazoo ap on my Windows tablet. I may say I experience a lot of hiccups when doing so, but just haven't had the time nor inclination to try to sort it all out.

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #300 of 347

In my case, I am controlling the single PC through the Linn Kazoo ap on my Windows tablet. I may say I experience a lot of hiccups when doing so, but just haven't had the time nor inclination to try to sort it all out.

One of my initial problems with BubbleDS Next and JplayStreamer was solved by running my TheSycon driver in Windows 7 compabillity mode. You could check IF this is a cause to your problems with Kazoo as well? JplayStreamer is extremely rewarding when you get it to work. The difference with Hibernate mode is audioble but not that important to me since the SQ is amazing even without it! :wink: Tried every TheSycon settings without any difference in Hibernate mode though. One track is playing fine...but the next one goes crazy! I might send a message to Marcin on the Jplay forum...but right now I just want to enjoy the music! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back