JPlay 6
Mar 31, 2015 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 347

kindval

New Head-Fier
Jplay has just released a new version, JPlay6....if you are serious about sound quality, just give it a try, it sounds better than any digital I have ever heard before and I have heard a lot...

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 347
I totally agree! Jplay 6 make a huge improvement to the sound....especially together with Fildelizer 6.6 (www.fidelizer-audio.com). I urge you all to try it out! 
beyersmile.png

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #3 of 347
Hallo,
Just installed JPlay 6 and for sure it is an upgrade!
Music is once again more dynamic, stage deeper and musicans find their place easiern than ever.
Not sure, if I need fidelizer anymore. Have to find out with more testing. At that moment I just enjoy my music.
My recommandation for JPlay 6!

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 347
Are you guys using Kernel Streaming to get the best SQ?

I'm new to JPlay and have yet to get JPlay 6 to actually play any music with JPlay sitting between HQPlayer and ifi iDSD.
Early days yet and will be contacting JPlay support when I get time, but curious as to what are the key settings used by the experts?

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 347
I haven't been able to get JPLAY 6 to work on my system yet, but HQPlayer sounds leagues better than the old JPLAY and every other player I've used. It's the only player I've found that delivers an immediately obvious night and day improvement in sound quality, whereas I wasn't even totally sure I was hearing a real difference with the old JPLAY. I am also using everything in conjunction with Fidelizer.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #6 of 347

I'm new to JPlay and have yet to get JPlay 6 to actually play any music with JPlay sitting between HQPlayer and ifi iDSD.
Early days yet and will be contacting JPlay support when I get time, but curious as to what are the key settings used by the experts?

Here are the settings I used with the old JPLAY and Fidelizer:

JPLAYmini
Playing via: Kernel Streaming
Engine: Xtream
Audio PC: This computer
Bitstream: Native
Bitperfect Volume: OFF
Polarity: Normal
Buffer: DirectLink
Buffer 96 kHz: DirectLink
Buffer 192 kHz: DirectLink
Throttle: ON
Hibernate mode: OFF

Fidelizer
core system and resource scheduler optimizations
processor core resource assignment for multi-core
system/network process resource priority optimizations
launch audiophile player with Fidelizer optimizations
stop unnecessary services leaving only audio related ones
networking

If you have Windows 8 or Server 2012, you can use ULTRAstream instead of Xtream. You can also use Hibernate mode with a USB stick and dual PC mode (with one PC used as control PC and the other used as audio PC) if you have two compatible computers.

JPLAY 6 has new settings that I need to figure out.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #7 of 347
I've got  a single laptop Windows 8.1 system.

As there are so many permutations of using these music apps, my start point is HQPlayer with iFi driver in ASIO mode to the ifi iDSD DAC.
This sounds much better than JRiver MC20 with the same driver/DAC.

So I'm sold on HQPlayer. Now just trying to tweak it further by replacing the iFi driver, with JPlay, as this was recommended on another thread, especially with JPlay driver in KS mode.

I did get an earlier Beta JPlay lay to work in this combination in some form or other, but without really understanding how. So starting from scratch with JPlay 6.

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #8 of 347

As there are so many permutations of using these music apps, my start point is HQPlayer with iFi driver in ASIO mode to the ifi iDSD DAC.

So I'm sold on HQPlayer. Now just trying to tweak it further by replacing the iFi driver, with JPlay, as this was recommended on another thread, especially with JPlay driver in KS mode.

I did get an earlier Beta JPlay lay to work in this combination in some form or other, but without really understanding how. So starting from scratch with JPlay 6.

HQPlayer + JPLAY + Fidelizer =
eek.gif

I gotta try that.

Apr 2, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #9 of 347

I am not familiar with HQPlayer. I currently use Tidal+Asio bridge+Jplay6+Fidelizer6.6. My digital chain contains of Entreq Discover USB cable+iFi purifier+Aqvox Usb linear psu+Stello U3+Dacmagic Plus connected to my integrated amp. I use Jplay6 with the following settings:

Playing via: KS Xmos Audio 2.0 output
Engine: Xtream
Audio PC: This computer
Bitstream: Native
Bitperfect volume: off
Polarity: normal
DAC link: ~170 Hz
PC buffer: 0.01 seconds
xtreamSize: 250
throttle: on
Hibernate mode: off

This works fine for me with my Vista computer with just 2GB ram. I will add the maximum 4GB ram (for My computer) by next week and will probably change the PC buffer, Xtream Size and Dac link slightly, eg. more PC buffer and Xtream Size and less in DAC link. It is all depending on how well you have optimized your computer for sound reprodution. Windows 8 is far better than Vista...if you just make your homework. Start with www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com. There you will find a lot of useful tips and trix. :cool:
I hope this will be helpful for you!

/Micael

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #10 of 347

I was running the Jplay 6 beta a few weeks back and Josef of Jplay did a remote on my machine and fixed my error in setup. That's not the first time he's done that either. I'm sure if you email their support he will get you working.

I'm a big Jplay 6 fan. The improvement in timing has refined the imaging and created a more transparent soundstage. Now I need to check out the Jplaystreamer function that people are raving about.
By the way, HQPlayer + Jplay 6 + Audiophile Optimizer + ifi micro idsd = 
L3000.gif

The upsampling and DSD conversion power of HQPlayer allows you to get the very best from that micro idsd....now I'm waiting on the ifi idsd pro which should be out by the end of May. I never imagined computer audio could be this good.......no need for a turntable cause it sounds so damn analogue.

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #11 of 347
I was running the Jplay 6 beta a few weeks back and Josef of Jplay did a remote on my machine and fixed my error in setup. That's not the first time he's done that either. I'm sure if you email their support he will get you working.

I'm a big Jplay 6 fan. The improvement in timing has refined the imaging and created a more transparent soundstage. Now I need to check out the Jplaystreamer function that people are raving about.
By the way, HQPlayer + Jplay 6 + Audiophile Optimizer + ifi micro idsd =  :L3000:
The upsampling and DSD conversion power of HQPlayer allows you to get the very best from that micro idsd....now I'm waiting on the ifi idsd pro which should be out by the end of May. I never imagined computer audio could be this good.......no need for a turntable cause it sounds so damn analogue.

I would love to try Audiophile Optimizer one day! Have read a lot of good reviews. Just need to buy myself another computer with Windows server 2012...but would prefer this solution with an iPad as control device...but not sure if this will be avilable in the near future?
Anyone tried a PC USB expresscard purely for the USB sound? I read that this would be a good idea instead of using the USB hub.
/Micael

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #12 of 347
I would love to try Audiophile Optimizer one day! Have read a lot of good reviews. Just need to buy myself another computer with Windows server 2012...but would prefer this solution with an iPad as control device...but not sure if this will be avilable in the near future?
Anyone tried a PC USB expresscard purely for the USB sound? I read that this would be a good idea instead of using the USB hub.
/Micael

Paul Pang Audio makes a very good audio grade usb card. It gives a more quiet background and gets you closer to analogue sound. At $125, it is reasonably priced.
http://www.highend-audiopc.com/shop/en/usb-cards/ppa-audio-grade-usb3-card-v2
His V4 card is even better, but at $409, so the V2 card is the better value.

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #13 of 347
Thanks Franatic! My problem is just that these are all PCI cards...and not PC cards that I would need for my Vaio laptop. However, this is truly interesting. If you by any chans know of any audio grade USB PC cards please let me know.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back