JPlay 6
Oct 5, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #301 of 347
One of my initial problems with BubbleDS Next and JplayStreamer was solved by running my TheSycon driver in Windows 7 compabillity mode. You could check IF this is a cause to your problems with Kazoo as well? JplayStreamer is extremely rewarding when you get it to work. The difference with Hibernate mode is audioble but not that important to me since the SQ is amazing even without it! :wink: Tried every TheSycon settings without any difference in Hibernate mode though. One track is playing fine...but the next one goes crazy! I might send a message to Marcin on the Jplay forum...but right now I just want to enjoy the music! :)

I'm running Windows 8.1. Does the same apply in terms of TheSycon driver?

Oct 5, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #302 of 347

One of my initial problems with BubbleDS Next and JplayStreamer was solved by running my TheSycon driver in Windows 7 compabillity mode. You could check IF this is a cause to your problems with Kazoo as well? JplayStreamer is extremely rewarding when you get it to work. The difference with Hibernate mode is audioble but not that important to me since the SQ is amazing even without it! :wink: Tried every TheSycon settings without any difference in Hibernate mode though. One track is playing fine...but the next one goes crazy! I might send a message to Marcin on the Jplay forum...but right now I just want to enjoy the music! :)

I'm running Windows 8.1. Does the same apply in terms of TheSycon driver?

Yes, you have to make sure that your driver is working for Windows 8.1. In my case I was upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 at the same time as I switched to JplayStreamer for Tidal from Jplay/Asio Bridge/Tidal desktop player. If you are successful with normal Jplay but get problems with JplayStreamer with Kazoo it might not be your solution. However, it is a simple thing to try to see if it might work. It took me quite a while to figure out that this was the cause to my own problems. I would guess that TheSycon works with W 8.1...but no harm trying. It is easy to change,

One more thing that I have noticed with TheSycon driver is that if you want to run JplayStreamer with 1hz/10 sec/UltraStream/Clock 3 you must be sure to have higher latency setting/buffer setting in TheSycon driver panel as well. I have actually set it to the highest possible and it sounds great. If you use a lower setting, ie. for example 700 hz/0.01 sec setting you have to make sure to change TheSycon driver panel accordingly...for example Minimum latency & 64 or 128 samples.

I am not sure about other Asio drivers. TheSycon driver is very good...but need the correct settings to work fluidly with Jplay! :wink:

Oct 6, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #303 of 347
Thanks ccschua and Music Alchemist. I got it working now. Sounds amazing! :) The funny thing is that I am now back to Fidelizer with OS timer ticked and Jplay with Classic engibe/350 Hz/0.01 settings...but now in Hibernate mode. Notised that the clock went back from 3 to 0 after changing album or restarting the computer. I am guessing that BubbleDS Next is forcing it back? IF anyone have a solution for this I Would be grateful! :) Not that I am dissapointed. I am already over the moon! :) Classic sounds really good in Hibernate mode and I think it sounds a bit better than UltraStream in some aspects as well.

BubbleDS can't force the timer down as it's not a Windows app - only apps running on your PC can do it :)

Hi Marcin!
Qobuz have released 24-bit streaming that is working on Linn DS Network streamers http://www.whathifi.com/news/qobuz-hi-res-streaming-now-live-android
This is really good news in my book! :) Will it work with JplayStreamer/BubbleDS Next as well? Would be amazing IF it did! :)
Bummer...Qobuz is not available in Sweden yet!:grimacing: But someone else might be happy IF JplayStreamer works with it. :wink:

We'll look into it.. 

Cheers, 
Marcin

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #304 of 347
Thanks ccschua and Music Alchemist. I got it working now. Sounds amazing! :) The funny thing is that I am now back to Fidelizer with OS timer ticked and Jplay with Classic engibe/350 Hz/0.01 settings...but now in Hibernate mode. Notised that the clock went back from 3 to 0 after changing album or restarting the computer. I am guessing that BubbleDS Next is forcing it back? IF anyone have a solution for this I Would be grateful! :) Not that I am dissapointed. I am already over the moon! :) Classic sounds really good in Hibernate mode and I think it sounds a bit better than UltraStream in some aspects as well.

BubbleDS can't force the timer down as it's not a Windows app - only apps running on your PC can do it :)

Hi Marcin!

Qobuz have released 24-bit streaming that is working on Linn DS Network streamers http://www.whathifi.com/news/qobuz-hi-res-streaming-now-live-android

This is really good news in my book! :) Will it work with JplayStreamer/BubbleDS Next as well? Would be amazing IF it did! :)

Bummer...Qobuz is not available in Sweden yet!:grimacing: But someone else might be happy IF JplayStreamer works with it. :wink:

We'll look into it.. 

Cheers, 
Marcin

Thanks Marcin! I have already found my problem. It was my TheSycon driver settings that needed to be adjusted. Minimum latency setting forced the clock down. I am now enjoying UltraStream/1hz/10sec/clock 3 settings with TheSycon on Extra Safe/8192 samples. Still have problems with hibernate mode though. Playes one track. The next track the counter stays at 0:00 and start changing tracks ramdomly.

Regarding Qobuz 24-bit streaming I could not actually find any hard facts that supports this information...more than you can stream in 24-bit if you have previously purchased the song. Not the kind of streaming I was hoping for when reading about it on WhatHifi. I was hoping for true 24-bit streaming of all available songs. I will keep my fingers crossed that Tidal will start that journey instead! :wink:

/Micael

Oct 7, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #305 of 347
Yeah, seems the 24-bit Qobuz streaming works on some android phones only via Qobuz app. We also heard from a customer that you stream only the albums you bought, so that's weird. 

Cheers, 
Marcin

Oct 10, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #306 of 347
Then you should look into JplayStreamer with BubbleDS Next on Android device as I am currently using. It have all that you need plus amazing SQ!
smily_headphones1.gif
I personally use it with Tidal lossless streaming but works with Minimserver and similar with local files.

where can I find the step by step guide on jplaystreamer bubbleDS ?

Oct 11, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #308 of 347
Then you should look into JplayStreamer with BubbleDS Next on Android device as I am currently using. It have all that you need plus amazing SQ! :) I personally use it with Tidal lossless streaming but works with Minimserver and similar with local files.

where can I find the step by step guide on jplaystreamer bubbleDS ?

@kundica explained it very good. However, Jplay have a simple manual and not really a step-by-step guide. The manual will get you going IF you read it carefully. Here is some additional tips: IF you use Fidelizer Pro set it on Extremist mode/Network render and choose JplayStreamer as audiophile player. Start with Jplay panel on Asio/Classic engine/700hz or 350hz/0,05 sec and set your Asio driver panel to minimal latency/64 or 128 samples as a starting point and start experimenting with other settings after you know you got it working properly. Good luck! :)

I have tried all possible settings but still think that Asio/Classic/700hz/0,01 sec sounds best in my system. Music is a bit more "alive" with this settings IMO.

Oct 11, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #309 of 347
Technically UltraStream is the best Engine as it's lowest latency, lowest footprint and use UPD protocol instead of TCP - UDP doesn't support retransmitting packets while TCP does. 
But whatever sounds best in your system is the way to go :)

Oct 11, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #310 of 347
Technically UltraStream is the best Engine as it's lowest latency, lowest footprint and use UPD protocol instead of TCP - UDP doesn't support retransmitting packets while TCP does. 

But whatever sounds best in your system is the way to go :)

Since I have read that many credible high-enders is prefering KS/UltraStream/1 Hz/10 sec/clock 3 settings I am surpriced myself. UltraStream sounds more dynamic but Asio/Classic/700 Hz/0.01 sec give me more goose bumps with airy presentation and background details in my own system. Might be due to my TheSycon driver...but cannot be sure why? I am satisfied...but still curious why this is! :wink:

Oct 11, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #311 of 347
Since I have read that many credible high-enders is prefering KS/UltraStream/1 Hz/10 sec/clock 3 settings I am surpriced myself. UltraStream sounds more dynamic but Asio/Classic/700 Hz/0.01 sec give me more goose bumps with airy presentation and background details in my own system. Might be due to my TheSycon driver...but cannot be sure why? I am satisfied...but still curious why this is!
wink.gif

So you're using ASIO output, not KS? 
Yes, it might be that some DACs sound better via ASIO due to driver implementation 

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #312 of 347
in dual PC mode, i notice control pc with fidelizer does help alot.

but on audiopc, is fidelizer making a difference to sound ?

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #314 of 347
Gosh, I'm enjoying JPLAYmini even more now. I changed the DAC Link setting to ~170 Hz (the highest it would go on my current system while still actually playing audio) and it seems to sound even better.

I only wish you could play lossy files with it too. Although most of my music is lossless, some of it is not available in lossless, and making lossless copies would be a chore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back