Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jan 17, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #466 of 686
i just checked out SD5 price against PP8,

abt SGD700 diff

sadly i didn't get to try out the PP8 but if it's like a ER4SR on steroids (more detail and resolving)

then i guess why not but hey am told SD5 has better treble extension (i love slow decay)

I've never enjoyed the PP8 one bit, but the SD5 I was taken by immediately.

Jan 20, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #467 of 686
Big thanks to Deezel177 and Wyville for sharing their impressions on the Trinity. I absolutely adore the Flamencos and have committed to a set of the Trinity as well. I'm just having a super difficult time deciding between stainless and brass nozzle (stressing out Joseph lol). I listen to the Flamencos with treble off and bass on usually. But I'm scared if I go with the brass I'd lose the speed of the bass and perhaps offset the vocals. Trying to see if anyone had more input on which to get..... Mainly I want to know if the stainless steel maintains the musicality I love about the Flamencos... Especially since I dig the aesthetics of the stainless more. Thanks in advance.

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #468 of 686
Big thanks to Deezel177 and Wyville for sharing their impressions on the Trinity. I absolutely adore the Flamencos and have committed to a set of the Trinity as well. I'm just having a super difficult time deciding between stainless and brass nozzle (stressing out Joseph lol). I listen to the Flamencos with treble off and bass on usually. But I'm scared if I go with the brass I'd lose the speed of the bass and perhaps offset the vocals. Trying to see if anyone had more input on which to get..... Mainly I want to know if the stainless steel maintains the musicality I love about the Flamencos... Especially since I dig the aesthetics of the stainless more. Thanks in advance.

I'll be receiving the Brass on loan soon. I'll compare it against the SS and let you know. :)

Jan 25, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #469 of 686
Feb 5, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #475 of 686
Went back to the Zeus XIV tonight after 3 complete weeks on the Trinity SS.
Oh my, pretty hard to remember why I was so much in love with them :dizzy_face:

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #476 of 686
I'm considering a Haka; would you guys say its sound signature is suited for technical Metal styles?
For this type of music, accurate bass and midrange is a must, along with a non-sibilant treble. I am not a basshead, so it's accuracy over quantity there. A dynamic midrange, perhaps with the smallest of push, is also preferred.

From what I read, it does seem to work fine, but the reviews didn't seem to come from metalhead so I figured I'd ask on here too :) Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back