Joint European Head-Fi/HIFI-FORUM.de Meet in Berlin, Sept. 11th. It's on!
Jul 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #31 of 186

Quote:
Come for the headfi-meet, stay for the vibrant cultural scene!

Berlin's always worth a visit, why not spend a weekend in town? We'll only have the room until 3 p.m., that doesn't mean we'll each go our seperate ways afterwards. I'm sure most of us will have dinner together, rasmushorn has already suggested going to a techno party afterwards.

I have to say that I am not a techno freak - I would MUCH more prefer a great Jazz-concert. But I was given tickets for this and I could not say no and it is probably great fun to attend with an open mind 
regular_smile .gif

http://www.o2world.de/event/WE-ARE-ONE-presented-by-Paul-van-Dyk/744.htm

Does anyone know if there is some great Jazz in town that weekend - Friday maybe? I am going to stay in Friedrichshain...

Jul 13, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #32 of 186
Check this out: http://jazz-in-town-berlin.de/de/koepenicker_blues_und_jazz_festival/2010.html.

The festival itself is great, but I can't vouch for "Pascal von Wroblewsky & Die Bigband der Deutschen Oper Berlin", who happen to be playing on Sept. 11th. Where in Friedrichshain are you staying? I live near Petersburger Platz.

Just found another Jazz event in Berlin: http://www.jazzmeeting-berlin.de/

Jul 27, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #34 of 186
Update on the stuff I will be bringing:

Sources:
  1. MSI Wind U200
  2. Ipod Touch 2G/Ipod nano 3G
  3. Nationite N1
  4. Nationite OS72-HR
  5. Witstech A81-E

Amps
  1. Fiio E5
  2. Bravo Amp v2

Headphones:
  1. Grado SR60i
  2. JVC HA-RX700
  3. AKG k450

Earphones:
  1. Fischer Audio Eterna v1
  2. Head-Direct Re0 v2
  3. Brainwavz M2
  4. Bunch of Playaz/Xears In-Ears

Yeah, I don't have any particularly fancy stuff, I'm still new to this hobby.

I would love to hear Audio-Technicas, Beyerdynamics and Ultrasones. As far as IEMs are concerned, it'd be great if somebody were to bring along Earsonics' SM3s and Fischer Audio DBA2s.

Jul 28, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #35 of 186
I've talked to a potential sponsor who is willing to support our event as far as catering is concerned.

It would really help our cause though if more people were to sign up to make it worthwhile for the company. So please commit yourself, if you can and/or spread the word!

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #37 of 186
I might be there, chances are 60/40 for it is the first saturday after the first week of college. 

I will set some money aside for that day. If I am sure I will be there expect me to bring:
-Pioneer Monitor 10R
-Sennheiser HD428 recabled
-Yamaha MA 10 (Amplifier with connection cable for portable sources and power supply.)

Maybe:
-Pioneer Monitor 10 (Heavy!)
-Sony D-33 PCP

Surely I will have my portable music kit with me which consists of a Sennheiser PX200 II, Sansa Clip + and my trusty Nokia. 

My regards,

Deep Funk

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #38 of 186
Great work!

My finances are not what they were when this first started being discussed so I can't be certain I can be there, but put me down as a strong "considering" and I will hopefully attend.

A good friend of mine lives in Berlin so it's a strong possibility.

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #41 of 186
I already posted at hifi-forum.de, but this is the stuff I will be bringing with me:

Ray Samuel Predator Amp
Headstage Arrow Amp

Westone 3
UE Triple.Fi
Sennheiser IE8
Soundmagic PL30
Hifiman RE0
JH 11Pro (vielleicht hat ja jemand kompatible Ohren)
AKG K-240 Studio Monitor (600 Ohm)

And I would like to hear:

ALO Modified Ultrasone HFI-780 With 18AWG Cryo cable
Maverick Audio - TubeMagic D1 DAC
Matrix mini-i 24/192 Balanced DAC + Headphone Amp
JV5 Tube Amp / DAC/ Headphone Amplifier
Ultrasone Edition 8 und 9
Sennheiser HD800

As I'm a Trance kinda guy I would join the O2 Arena for van Buuren and van Dyk, if somebody goes.

Aug 4, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #43 of 186
Yay! Ten commited attendees! Thank you, everybody. We're currently in talks with another possible sponsor, this will certainly help.

I'm currently on vacation and have a not-to-reliable 3G connection. Once I'm back home, I'll start compiling a list of equipment on display.

Aug 5, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #44 of 186
Great to hear that the meeting is coming together nicely!
I will need to pass, for two reasons. The date does not fit that well into my schedule, and the fact that it is quite a long trip for just 5 hours.

Greetings from Norway!
o2smile.gif

Aug 9, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #45 of 186

Quote:
If someone is able to take me from Gütersloh to Berlin, I might be able to take along my entire rig consisting of the modded TubeMagic D1 DAC, High-Amp Hybrid Amp and Stax SR-202.

Does that mean you'll be able to make it to the meet? Talk to Deep Funk about picking you up, depending on where he/she lives in the Netherlands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back