John Grado called my cell phone
Mar 3, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #16 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchy965 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's settled then. Noone can bully others into saying grah-doh anymore.
tongue.gif

Thats ganna take a long time if I ever get used to that.
Anyway, it is awesome that he is involved enough to call you. My sr225s are starting to come apart, maybe he will call me to talk about metal to plasic connections...

Mar 3, 2007 at 8:22 AM Post #17 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats ganna take a long time if I ever get used to that.
Anyway, it is awesome that he is involved enough to call you. My sr225s are starting to come apart, maybe he will call me to talk about metal to plasic connections...

Another forum member said it best one time...."The Italian in me cringes every time I hear it pronounced that way."

Mar 3, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #18 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's nice he phoned you up, but it's still a crappy finishing job. Oh well, can't have everything.

Exactly, I dont agree with the others saying theyd rather have an interested owner that gives you Al with chemical burns and cares than an owner that cares and does it right. Whats impressive to me is a small mom and pop that we dont have to continually give the benifit of the doubt or make excuses for. But at least Im happy with my grados even if there is a bit of duct tape on the earpiece
rs1smile.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:14 AM Post #20 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcfis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly, I dont agree with the others saying theyd rather have an interested owner that gives you Al with chemical burns and cares than an owner that cares and does it right. Whats impressive to me is a small mom and pop that we dont have to continually give the benifit of the doubt or make excuses for. But at least Im happy with my grados even if there is a bit of duct tape on the earpiece
rs1smile.gif

Amen, when I had issues with my Vibe here (and a rather rare issue at that), Val was in contact with me and I had a new pair in my hands in 2 days as opposed to being told that things not being quite perfect is normal.

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:21 AM Post #21 of 81
Quote:

You're saying you'd rather have a flawlessly finished aluminum housing on a pair of headphones than have the owner of an accomplished and unique headphone company recognize your complaints as a customer and spend the time to call you up?

Yes. I'd rather have a properly constructed and finished high quality product the first time than talk to the owner of any company. Wow, imagine that.

But then again, I've always hated talking on the phone...

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:27 AM Post #22 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. I'd rather have a properly constructed and finished high quality product the first time than talk to the owner of any company. Wow, imagine that.

Then again, I've always hated talking on the phone anyway...

Well if the owner of the company is really cool, gorgeous, single female right around my age I might hold-off on the product perfection there...but ya otherwise, how many of you sit down on a Thursday evening 'ok, so which old millionaire CEO's company am I going to have charge my credit card for a chance to have a few sweet words with him'

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:33 AM Post #23 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcfis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But at least Im happy with my grados even if there is a bit of duct tape on the earpiece
rs1smile.gif

Ummm.... I hope *you* put the duct tape there? Because if Grado did, that would be amazing. If that's the case, *please* post pics
eek.gif
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:37 AM Post #24 of 81
I just can't bring myself to say "Gray-Doh" by default >.<

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:41 AM Post #25 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filburt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just can't bring myself to say "Gray-Doh" by default >.<

Ya I am getting this Gray-Dough sensation when trying to say that. I think we need a forum-boycott of John's pronunciation of his own name.

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #26 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya I am getting this Gray-Dough sensation when trying to say that. I think we need a forum-boycott of John's pronunciation of his own name.

haha that made me lol
biggrin.gif
I, too, am having a hard time thinking "gray-do" when I read Grado.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 11:28 AM Post #27 of 81
Wow a phone call by the president of the society for you problem
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

I already Loved Grado now that i see that i love them more
orphsmile.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #28 of 81
Yeah, Grado's customer service is great. Emailed them a while ago that one of the small screws keeping the drivers of my PS1 in place got lost and if it was possible to get one or two replacement screws (they tend to loosen up a bit and when you change pads they just fall out) and just a few days ago I received an envelope with two screws - voilà (and no, I couldn't get those screws here in Switzerland...).

Mar 3, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #29 of 81
Yea I think taht its pretty cool he called. but the fact that he said that they wont fix it is pretty lame. You bought the headphones with a completely reasonable expectation. And they came messed up.
Not cool to me.
-greg

Mar 3, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #30 of 81
I'd have been much more impressed had he mentioned how they were looking into IMPROVING the process so as to avoid such defects in the future.

On the other hand, I must commend them on their customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back