John Grado called my cell phone
Mar 4, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #76 of 81
I understand how small businesses work and I also understand most of the manufacturing processes required to make a Grado. To me it a lack of detail to workmanship and refining their tooling to eliminate these problems once and for all. Do they log the complaints they get from customers or the number of defective units from retailers ?, if they do, what do they do with this information ? collecting data such as this is helpful to improve on the products and the concerns of their customers.

Handmade should equal quality and not as an excuse for sub standard products !

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #77 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
christ, that's awful, you better have sent that crap back. I've had nothing but pleasurable experiences with Grado Labs. But this does make me very, very hesitant to buy an MS2i now.

Perhaps waiting a few months and letting the current difficulties get behind us is an option.

....Christmas rush, Holiday vacations, bad weather manufacturing delays, or whatever.

But I had purchased an MS-1 last March and an MS2i in September, and while the MS2i was fabulous and nearly flawless, the MS-1s did have a smaller version of the plastic "misplaced hole indentation" present that I didn't even notice till it was mentioned here by another purchaser. At any rate; there were no unusual delays or quality issues happening at the time that I'd received my "high quality" pairs of phones last year.

It does seem though that the biggest batch of problems has been here receintly, what with slow shipping times and all.

I suspect; I hope, that this is just a temporary event and not the start of a trend.

Hopefully this will all be just a memory in a couple of months.

Mar 5, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #78 of 81
Well, after reading this thread, I got my 325i out an gave them a good once-over. Ive had them for over a year now. The coating exhibits the same marks as the OP's pair. I noticed that it was uneven the day I got them but never really looked that closely. Hard to look at them when they were on my head constantly. Buttons are a bit off center too.

Really, the coating should be uniform IMO, especially for the price. Thankfully it doesn't affect the sound*.

*waits for the crack about it not being possible for a metal SR Grado to sound any worse than they do.

Mar 5, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #79 of 81
Metal Grados can't possibly sound any worse than they do.

(actually i have not heard the 325 but the 60 turned me off on Grados on the spot)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back