Joe Grado HP 1000 Headphones
Oct 11, 2010 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

goatman70

New Head-Fier
I have a set of the Grado HP 1000.  What is this set of headphones going for?  I know they are extremely rare.  Only 1000 pair made
Mine are in awesome condition

Oct 11, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #4 of 50
Quote:
I have a set of the Grado HP 1000.  What is this set of headphones going for?  I know they are extremely rare.  Only 1000 pair made
Mine are in awesome condition

Welcome to Head-Fi. They go for around 40 bucks around here. Terrible sound quality and shoddy design if they weren't limited edition and "rare" they probably wouldn't be worth $20 but that's how it goes. If you don't need them I can get rid of them for you for free. Just shoot me a pm.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 11, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #5 of 50

Quote:
Quote:

Welcome to Head-Fi. They go for around 40 bucks around here. Terrible sound quality and shoddy design if they weren't limited edition and "rare" they probably wouldn't be worth $20 but that's how it goes. If you don't need them I can get rid of them for you for free. Just shoot me a pm.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Definitely legit.

Oct 11, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 50
Quote:
Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif

@goatman70: I'll offer you $41 for them.

Oct 11, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #8 of 50
Quote:
Interesting but not really interested in selling them - at least not yet

I guess I'll come clean..........I'm actually exceedingly jealous. How did you come across them?

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #11 of 50
Quote:
I did have a good laugh though.  My friend had them and I needed a pair so I got these.
They are pretty impressive

That's a great friend. The HP1000s are great cans and one of my favorite listens. I've seriously considered laying down the grand or so to get a pair. Do you have any pictures?
biggrin.gif

Oh and does your friend have anything else laying around he doesn't mind parting with?

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #12 of 50
$1000 to $2000.
Depends on the conditions-
The ones with the red letterings intact go for more because they comes off rather easily. A lot of them have one or two of the screws missing. Some sellers claim that you can buy the screws from Joe Grado. As far as I know he doesn't sell them (might have done in the past).
Original box and paper work can also play a part in the pricing. A very few pairs of HP1000 have been upgraded by Joe, no idea what these would go for.

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #13 of 50

Extremely rare? In awesome shape? Then better keep them. Wink. 

I don't have 'em.

Buy 'em off you for US$42 paypalled and posted?
Swap for a Senn PX100?
Rare as my sense of proportion.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back