Joe Grado: Happy 88th Birthday
Jul 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #31 of 44
Quote:
Danny,

The birthday party on July 5th for Joe was excellent and I wanted to again thank you for making the arrangements.  Here's a link to the images I have from the occasion in case others might enjoy them as well:

http://tinyurl.com/73af3pv

Many thanks,

Martin

Thank you Martin!

When Joseph says "I'm sorry, I'm not eighty-eight" I kind of laughed but now I think the real number is 89 (it's not that much a matter, but just to get to the right number), according to this on Grado Labs official Facebook

Grado Labs
Yesterday via mobile

We want to wish Joe Grado, founder of Grado Labs, a very Happy 89th Birthday.

Jul 7, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #32 of 44
His DOB is 7/5/1924.
I think that should make him 88 on 7/5/2012. However, some people interpret that as completing 88 years, which is true, and he is now embarking upon his 89th year of life, hence "89 years old". It does get a bit confusing depending upon how one views it.

Jul 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #33 of 44
 Hip hip hooray to one of audio's true polymaths - not done with refining moving coil vinyl cartridges, Joe
 had to go on and create one of the most unique sounding headphones on the planet.

In 1982 he was induced into the Audio Hall of Fame - damn straight 
smile.gif

Jul 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #34 of 44
Many thanks Paul,

The personalized drawings were very nice contributions to the party.  I believe that Danny, Evelyn, Mike and Bonnie would agree with me that Joe was very pleased to have them as a remembrance of your friendship.

Kind regards,

Martin

Jul 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #36 of 44
Quote:
His DOB is 7/5/1924.
I think that should make him 88 on 7/5/2012. However, some people interpret that as completing 88 years, which is true, and he is now embarking upon his 89th year of life, hence "89 years old". It does get a bit confusing depending upon how one views it.

You're right it's 88! thank you!

Omg I never realized it could be that complicated, they have counted in the day he was born, 1 + 88 = 89! but he really, he's 88 years old. Glad that we're counting age the same way, and thanks for clearing up the issue I definitely underestimated your precision :p.

Saying he is 89 is like saying in which century we're currently in, we've engaged it, but it is just begun, and not over.

Jul 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #37 of 44
Quote:
Many thanks Paul,

The personalized drawings were very nice contributions to the party.  I believe that Danny, Evelyn, Mike and Bonnie would agree with me that Joe was very pleased to have them as a remembrance of your friendship.

Kind regards,

Martin

The pleasure is all mine. 
I still remember Brigitte (Mrs Grado) told me that the drawings and messages I sent her brightened her days up a bit during the difficult times. That made my day, not just Brigitte's. May her rest in peace.
Good health to Joe too.

Jul 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #38 of 44
Quote:

You're right it's 88! thank you!

Omg I never realized it could be that complicated, they have counted in the day he was born, 1 + 88 = 89! but he really, he's 88 years old. Glad that we're counting age the same way, and thanks for clearing up the issue I definitely underestimated your precision :p.

Saying he is 89 is like saying in which century we're currently in, we've engaged it, but it is just begun, and not over.

And it's amazing to realize that he introduced his historical and game-changing HP-1000 headphones when he was around 67 years of age!

Jul 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #40 of 44
Quote:

And it's amazing to realize that he introduced his historical and game-changing HP-1000 headphones when he was around 67 years of age!

And did this when he was 75.

Jul 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #41 of 44
Happy belated birthday Joe!
And thanks for making my pair of HP-1000 headphones (HP-1 and HP-2) possible.
Just hope that I can get them to you for update and refurbishing - but its difficult when
I still have 5 mouths to feed on a sad teachers pension.  One day soon.
You'se da man Joe!!

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #43 of 44
Happy belated Birthday, Joe. I loved my cans and I'm looking at varying another pair. I just need to figure out how to get them past the wife!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back