Joe Bloggs will be leaving FiiO
Mar 21, 2016 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Joe Bloggs

Sponsor: HiBy
Member of the Trade: EFO Technologies Co, YanYin Technology
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile
Dear all,

I would like to inform you that, as a result of company reorganization, I will be removed from the FiiO organization as of the beginning of April. As a result of this:

- I cannot answer any pm's directed to me regarding FiiO products with any official authority anymore
- The "Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO!" thread will be maintained by other FiiO staff.
- The Skype FiiO direct helpline account "joe0bloggs" will be returned to my personal use instead of answering queries on FiiO.

Please direct your queries to James, FiiO, Shadow or Sunny.

As always, happy listening, and I'll be seeing you around yet!

Best regards,
Joseph Yeung (aka Joe Bloggs)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 21, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 30
Dear all,

I would like to inform you that, as a result of company reorganization, I will be removed from the FiiO organization as of the beginning of April. As a result of this:

- I cannot answer any pm's directed to me regarding FiiO products with any official authority anymore
- The "Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO!" thread will be maintained by other FiiO staff.
- The Skype FiiO direct helpline account "joe0bloggs" will be returned to my personal use instead of answering queries on FiiO.

Please direct your queries to James, FiiO, Shadow or Sunny.

As always, happy listening, and I'll be seeing you around... I guess.

Best regards,
Joseph Yeung (aka Joe Bloggs)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Your profile pic says it all! 
frown.gif

Mar 21, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #4 of 30
Well, Mr. Joe, hope things go well for you, after this corporate re-org.

I certainly feel you've done a great job of responding to the community here at Head-Fi, and have been a great ambassador for Fiio. And we're not always the easiest of people to get along with. 

Live long and prosper. Stop in when you can.

DougD

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #5 of 30
Thanks for Joe’s efforts and supports in helping us offer the best service to all of our fans before. We highly appreciate his work. He was doing so great for us and for our fans in the past few years and we are so sorry that we are going to lose this partner in the coming days.

With the development of company and management organization, we should put more time and energy in supporting our fans with full heart, and we do wish we can offer the best service to all of our users by our full-time staff.

As you may know, Joe was helping us in his part time and lives in a different city. It is little hard for him to be our full time staff. We are feeling truly sorry for this decision. Joe, we wish you happiness and good health.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 22, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #7 of 30
  Thanks for Joe’s efforts and supports in helping us offer the best service to all of our fans before. We highly appreciate his work. He was doing so great for us and for our fans in the past few years and we are so sorry that we are going to lose this partner in the coming days.

With the development of company and management organization, we should put more time and energy in supporting our fans with full heart, and we do wish we can offer the best service to all of our users by our full-time staff.

As you may know, Joe was helping us in his part time and lives in a different city. It is little hard for him to be our full time staff. We are feeling truly sorry for this decision. Joe, we wish you happiness and good health.

I don't want to get out of line, because it's impossible for an outsider to fully appreciate all the factors that go into some corporate decisions, but as an outsider who has only seen the customer service side of this, here on Head-Fi, I can say that I was never aware that Joe ("Bloggs") Yeung was only part-time, and never aware until you mentioned it that he was in another city. If those factors caused any operational difficulties for Fiio, they have not been apparent here on the customer front line. 

The Head-Fi community is of course very literally spread out all over the globe. Mr. Joe ("Bloggs") Yeung helped all with speed, class, good attitude, and timely information.

The Head-Fi community holds Fiio up as an example of one of the most responsive companies in the industry. It is no exaggeration to say that a great deal of that warm & fuzzy (i.e., happy) reputation is due to the work, here in the forums, of Mr. Joe ("Bloggs") Yeung.

As a case in point, the X7 roll-out was not without some major bumps and issues. That it never degenerated into rioters in the streets with pitchforks and flaming torches (figuratively) is IMO largely due to the presence and work of Mr. Joe ("Bloggs") Yeung.

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #9 of 30

I don't want to get out of line, because it's impossible for an outsider to fully appreciate all the factors that go into some corporate decisions, but as an outsider who has only seen the customer service side of this, here on Head-Fi, I can say that I was never aware that Joe ("Bloggs") Yeung was only part-time, and never aware until you mentioned it that he was in another city. If those factors caused any operational difficulties for Fiio, they have not been apparent here on the customer front line. 

The Head-Fi community is of course very literally spread out all over the globe. Mr. Joe ("Bloggs") Yeung helped all with speed, class, good attitude, and timely information.

The Head-Fi community holds Fiio up as an example of one of the most responsive companies in the industry. It is no exaggeration to say that a great deal of that warm & fuzzy (i.e., happy) reputation is due to the work, here in the forums, of Mr. Joe ("Bloggs") Yeung.

As a case in point, the X7 roll-out was not without some major bumps and issues. That it never degenerated into rioters in the streets with pitchforks and flaming torches (figuratively) is IMO largely due to the presence and work of Mr. Joe ("Bloggs") Yeung.

Personally speaking my interaction with JoeBloggs goes back a few years ago when the Sony MH1C was released and he was spreading the word on how an efficient EQ took them up several notches. At the time I was new to EQing and with his thorough explanations, I was able to take off on my own and use what I learned going forward. This was before he worked with Fiio, on his own time. While answering my questions, he would frequent the same forums helping others seemingly for no reason other than to bolster and rally the community with good information. 
Thanks again Joe!

+2cents

Mar 23, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #10 of 30
  Well, I just did a video and shouted out FiiO for like the 6th time as being the Gold Standard for customer service.
When I asked to be on the X7 tour I was told by the top dude that Oyaide was the distributor so it would not be possible. Joe was either not full of **** or more outstanding than I imagined.
I sent Noble a mail days ago about the Bassy IEM coming up and got NO response. Who does that? Some companies, that's who.
The behavior or some reps is terrible and they are the face of the company. Pissing away sales without even realizing it. JoeB is the model. The bar just got lowered. Sad day for everybody who puts a premium on service.

In defense of Noble, they never comment about upcoming products. Joe's job at Fiio walked the green mile, too.

Mar 23, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #11 of 30
  Well, I just did a video and shouted out FiiO for like the 6th time as being the Gold Standard for customer service.
When I asked to be on the X7 tour I was told by the top dude that Oyaide was the distributor so it would not be possible. Joe was either not full of **** or more outstanding than I imagined.
I sent Noble a mail days ago about the Bassy IEM coming up and got NO response. Who does that? Some companies, that's who.
The behavior or some reps is terrible and they are the face of the company. Pissing away sales without even realizing it. JoeB is the model. The bar just got lowered. Sad day for everybody who puts a premium on service.

I agree with you....not commenting on a new product is one thing but not responding AT ALL is just not acceptable!

Mar 23, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #14 of 30
Just wanted to come in and acknowledge someone I look up to, and who has really set the bar as far as service goes.  Joe - you have been fantastic over the years for FiiO, and a large part of why FiiO is so highly regarded in this community for service.

For FiiO - I know how hard it can be to make these decisions at times - businesses change - it is part of life. I definitely hold nothing against you, and hope that you can maintain the same legacy of excellence that Joseph has contributed so much to over the years. You have some great people on staff (special shout out to Sunny), and I look forward to continuing working with you.

Joe - keep that chin up.  Sometimes the set-backs are simply forced pathways to new opportunities.  Cream always rises to the top. Hopefully we will see you in the future in another service related role - especially in the audio industry.

beerchug.gif

Much respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back