JMoney Ear Pads, poor build quality, worst customer service. Must Read! *** Pictures ***
May 25, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #121 of 213

I have a g series panny with no issues.. so lucky me..
Quote:
I also learned about the rising black levels when I was researching to buy a G-series panny; I ended up settling with the samsung "buzz".

May 26, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #123 of 213

Quote:
I didn't send mine back because he didn't have a replacement that will meet my expectations (same as the other pad I got). He suggest I order another pair from Headroom. I emailed Headroom about the pads. They said the JMoney ear pads are NOT returnable if they don't meet my expectations. That means you get what we send you and you're on your own. I did not order another pair. I'm moving on. Education is expensive right?
smily_headphones1.gif

You should update this to the first post. I have misunderstood that you have to return your pads to get $20 refund until I read this.
So the $20 is more like a discount not a refund?

May 26, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #124 of 213
May 26, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #125 of 213

Quote:
(I felt like I should respond to your post)

The logic of getting something other than what you ordered is not a good one.  Any one who defends someone, be it Jmoney or any other merchant, that advertises one thing and provides another, is basically asking to be taken advantage of.  The point isn't if it is a big deal to you, but if it's an ethical thing to do.  Sure, mistakes happen, but it's how you go about fixing those mistakes that matter.  

If I advertise ear pads, provide pictures (he has some on his website), all of which is information you use in deciding to purchase something, and then deliver to you something that is NOT precisely what was advertised and do not offer a means of  fairly correcting any mistakes (we are all human after all), then that is highly unethical.

You can not defend the logic that oh, he's a small business, so it's OK.  Big business, small business, etc.  you deserve to get what you paid for and if a mistake happens, you deserve the right to have it resolved reasonably.

Giving 100% of your money to get 60% of a product and only being offered 20% of your money back is NEVER going to be logical nor ethical in my book.

First of all, I'm not saying getting ripped off by a small company is better than by a large company, I wish you would have read that part better. If they steal from you, it's still bad. I only said he was a small business because another member had said that J$ was running away with the OP's money and stuff like that, which kind of makes J$ look like a big corporation trying to screw over the people. It's not true: I seriously doubt J$ did this on purpose. He screwed up a pad and offered what most people agree to be bad form of refund/replacement, but it's not the same as "running off with his money", since that would imply he had some intention of keeping the OP's money, and I doubt a lot that he ever wanted things to get to this point.

And everyone, when quoting me, seems to go over the point that this was a one-time or two-time screw-up. Ok, now Zombie_X and other complainters kind of made me wonder just how many people complaint about their J$ pads and didn't get a satisfactory answer, but I still think a few screw-ups aren't enough to say "oh, this guy isn't worth our money" and stop buying from him. Chances are, he'll read this thread, realize he could lose some clients from this (he already has, apparently) and change his methods of quality control, which is a good thing.

May 26, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #126 of 213

Quote:
You should update this to the first post. I have misunderstood that you have to return your pads to get $20 refund until I read this.
So the $20 is more like a discount not a refund?

Done!

Yes, I got a partial refund of $20.

May 26, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #127 of 213

Since I like to debate for the sake of debating, I'll not do that because I don't want to ruffle feathers on a board that I'm new to.  I do agree with what you said though in that as long as he learns from his mistakes and makes right what he did wrong, that's enough for me.  The ability to make mistakes is only overshadowed by your ability to fix them.
Quote:
First of all, I'm not saying getting ripped off by a small company is better than by a large company, I wish you would have read that part better. If they steal from you, it's still bad. I only said he was a small business because another member had said that J$ was running away with the OP's money and stuff like that, which kind of makes J$ look like a big corporation trying to screw over the people. It's not true: I seriously doubt J$ did this on purpose. He screwed up a pad and offered what most people agree to be bad form of refund/replacement, but it's not the same as "running off with his money", since that would imply he had some intention of keeping the OP's money, and I doubt a lot that he ever wanted things to get to this point.

And everyone, when quoting me, seems to go over the point that this was a one-time or two-time screw-up. Ok, now Zombie_X and other complainters kind of made me wonder just how many people complaint about their J$ pads and didn't get a satisfactory answer, but I still think a few screw-ups aren't enough to say "oh, this guy isn't worth our money" and stop buying from him. Chances are, he'll read this thread, realize he could lose some clients from this (he already has, apparently) and change his methods of quality control, which is a good thing.

May 26, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #128 of 213
I pretty much thought that it was a very lame excuse to me as well. Bad practices IMO.

Quote:
Wow, I can't believe J$ told zombiex "it would be unfair to the other people who already paid for theirs".....incredible.

I'm glad to have an established head-fi'er like zombie speak up, too.

May 26, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #129 of 213
When companies don't respond in a timely manner they are wasting your time, and time is money really. Good communication is always a must for any company big and small.
Another thing is that djamtrax did post his bad experience with the company. There could be countless of other people who experienced something similar and have kept quiet.

May 26, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #131 of 213

Quote:
I think J$ needs to post here and not only explain his actions but put forth good will and offer ways he'll make good and move forward.

I'm somehow pessimistic about this occurring.

May 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #132 of 213
Quote:Originally Posted by Anaxilus 

"I'm somehow pessimistic about this occurring."

Then he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt if he can't stand up and be a man about it.

May 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #133 of 213
its a shame this has happened, i really fancied these pads.

May 30, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #134 of 213
I bought a J$ lambskin headband a few months back and was satisfied when it  reached me in Austria within a week. Taking good customer service for granted and very pleased with the build quality I then ordered and paid 2 further bands. After waiting for the bands for 2 weeks I emailed Jeremy telling him the package maybe got lost. He replied stating he would send another package the next day. I was sure very pleased about such great service and waited for the package to arrive. 
Guess what happened! Nothing! I am still waiting, now 2 months after the order being placed, without any reaction from Jeremy. I guess I will have to just accept that I can write my money off!

May 30, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #135 of 213
Was there no tracking on the package?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back