JMoney Ear Pads, poor build quality, worst customer service. Must Read! *** Pictures ***
May 8, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #78 of 213
*** deleted ***

May 8, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #79 of 213
I wonder why some manufacturers can take the effort to make sure their pictures look good and etc, but can't put an equal amount of effort when it comes to entertaining their customers..

DjAmTraX, thanks for the thread. I'll keep this in mind whenever any of my buddies intend to grab themselves some JMoney. However, I hope the matter will be resolved for you soon enough.

May 8, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #80 of 213
I will update this thread if anything change, positive or negative.

May 8, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #82 of 213

Quote:
So, I was tempted to order the Beyer pads. Anyone had issues with those ones lately?

I grabbed a pair of the V2 Beyer pads from Headroom when I bought my V3 Denon pads.  They were fairly symmetrical and quite nice with my closed Beyers (and my T50RP when I had it).  Since they're not an angled pad, I think it's a much more straightforward cut, making it less prone to the build issues some of the Denon pads seem to suffer.

I sold them recently (along with my closed Beyers and T50RP), but here are the pictures I snapped for the sale ad:

May 8, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #84 of 213

Be aware the price listed on his website is incorrect. A few months ago I wanted to order a pair for my Beyers and e-mailed a question about them and it took 4 of 5 days to get a reply at which time he told me the price was now higher as was the shipping. If i recall correctly it was about 20-25% higher.  Supposedly he doesn't know how to change the info on the website. I asked if he would honor the price that was on his website and never got a reply. From what I've read here, I would be very leery of getting anything from him unless communications improve and the website is correct.
Quote:
So, I was tempted to order the Beyer pads. Anyone had issues with those ones lately?

May 8, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #85 of 213
I ended up ordering mine through Headroom, but these are the prices I was quoted via email from JMoney back in February:

"The price is $74.99 USD a set for the Denons 
and $64.99 for the Beyer pads. 

Shipping charges: 

Within Canada - $10 via Xpresspost and includes tracking and insurance. Expedited - $9.
To the USA - $6.50 via regular airmail (no tracking or insurance). $17 via Expedited USA (includes tracking and insurance) 
International - $8 via regular airmail (no tracking or insurance). $59 via Xpresspost EMS (includes tracking and insurance) 

JMoney Audio is not responsible for lost or damaged packages unless a tracked shipping option is chosen."

May 9, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #86 of 213
Was just about to order a pair this week but thanks for the heads up. Its especially disappointing because hes offering a specialized service, products should be top notch for these prices. Id be a lot worse than you, you're not out of line.

May 24, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #87 of 213
i hope it gets corrected soon. i was planning to get the beyer pads but knowing that the website is not accurate, i would rather stay away until everything gets resolved. too bad, it sounded to be a quality product.

May 24, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #88 of 213
I can absolutely understand DjAm's reaction, and know a lot of us would have been much more upset. However, I think outruling him as a seller, as many have done thus far, is a bit too much. How many pads have been sold by him? Ok, and how many have noticeable defects? Not that many. This is probably one of the worse cases of him, and yes it's bad, but I doubt his usual ones are like that - as seen by some posted pics from members, they aren't. His customer service is bad, yes, but a pair of pads doesn't represent the totality of his skill.

And he did offer a replacement. The act of you having to pay for the shipping of your to-be-replaced items is very usual. You just happen to live in a place where it costs a bit. And I very much doubt that you have to pay the double of the price of one pad's shipping for sending both, it must be much less than that, so maybe not 30$ but like 18$. I'm not saying don't be upset, but if I ever have to replace anything, from this corner of the Earth I'm in, trust me in that it's going to cost me a lot more than 30$. It's not the same as free shipping, or better yet, not having any defects that you can tell, but it's not the worse thing ever,

Remember it takes 100 good reviews to build a reputation on Head-Fi, but only one bad thread to tear it down.

May 24, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #89 of 213

The point it, is he had quality control, not sending out crap, then this whole issue would have been avoided. The price of shipping doesn't matter.  There is a higher expectation for luxury items. If he plans on staying in the luxury item market, he better make sure the quality of the items he sells will meet and exceed the expectations of his customers.  

Quote:
I can absolutely understand DjAm's reaction, and know a lot of us would have been much more upset. However, I think outruling him as a seller, as many have done thus far, is a bit too much. How many pads have been sold by him? Ok, and how many have noticeable defects? Not that many. This is probably one of the worse cases of him, and yes it's bad, but I doubt his usual ones are like that - as seen by some posted pics from members, they aren't. His customer service is bad, yes, but a pair of pads doesn't represent the totality of his skill.

And he did offer a replacement. The act of you having to pay for the shipping of your to-be-replaced items is very usual. You just happen to live in a place where it costs a bit. And I very much doubt that you have to pay the double of the price of one pad's shipping for sending both, it must be much less than that, so maybe not 30$ but like 18$. I'm not saying don't be upset, but if I ever have to replace anything, from this corner of the Earth I'm in, trust me in that it's going to cost me a lot more than 30$. It's not the same as free shipping, or better yet, not having any defects that you can tell, but it's not the worse thing ever,

Remember it takes 100 good reviews to build a reputation on Head-Fi, but only one bad thread to tear it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back