JMoney Denon Ear Pads
May 3, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #286 of 310
I got my D7000 ear pads from J$ yesterday. The wait was about two weeks, but I did pay extra for fast ship. I have to say that I am not completely happy with the build quality of one of the ear pads. The leather is all bunched up and the pad is not as firm as the other one. Inside the ear pad was a bit faded in color. I like that it's a bit ticker so the headphones now fits better. But just the build quality of ONE is not what is shown on the web site. I've contacted J$ about this issue, no reply yet.

May 25, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #287 of 310

did you get a reply?

Quote:
Hey Jeremy,

I placed an order and paid for a set of your V3 Denon ear pads on April 14th. I haven't heard back from you since on whether they've been shipped or not. I've sent a couple of emails directly to you, as well as a PM here on Head-Fi. Can you please shoot me a reply here, or via email at your earliest convenience?

Thanks.

Jul 30, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #288 of 310
Either did i , i paid to them long long time ago, even more than 4months.
That all they told is was they shiped to me 1day after i pay. 
LMAO. That is no fun at all !

Jul 30, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #289 of 310
Good luck with your orders. 

I was thinking about getting a pair myself but in the end I won't be doing so. 

Aug 1, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #290 of 310
So, it appears some of you are having trouble getting these earpads. Having read this here , I ordered & received mine from HeadRoom. I think I may have paid a little more for them, but I always seem to be able to depend on HeadRoom's service & when the upgrade bug bites some of us we can't ignore our urges. I've actually used them for my Hifiman HE-4s. Being a bit crazy, I decided to permanently attach them to the HE-4s. The pads are high quality & should last even longer if you coat the pad w/ a leather care protectorant & then occassionally wipe them w/ a slightly dampened cloth. I have no regrets whatsoever, & feel these phones are a bit better w/ these pads. I have a pair of Denon D5000s & I liked them, they just don't sound as 'right' to me after listening to the planar magnetic drivers in the 4s.

Aug 19, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #291 of 310
Hey guys

I am currently in Europe as volunteer
on an archaeological dig and will not return to Canada until first week of
September. I will then be able to take your order.

I am working in Tito Italy (population of 4000 people with very little internet access)
I was surprised to see that many have been having issues with their pads.

Please email me as I will have a solution for everyone. Regarding delayed shipping.
Canada Post has failed me numerous times over the months, May/June being
the worst losing 15 packages. Also, they decided to take a month long strike
which slowed down things even after the strike was over. Everyone who paid for
tracked shipping were upgraded to UPS on us. So, everyone should have their
pads now.

thanks

Jeremy

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #292 of 310

Quote:
This was the other reason that I went back to the stock pads, because I wear glasses and with the J$ pads they are too firm and make things uncomfortable while wearing glasses.

I was wondering if anyone else here had run into issues like this with glasses.  I wear those black plastic type frames and I'm afraid the thicker pads would be uncomfortable.

Thoughts?

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #294 of 310
Just received Denon pads here in UK at second attempt, so late for Xmas present. However worth the wait and the cost, sound quality, crispness, separation and bass response and really excellent.. a revelation. Listen to wide range of music choral, organ, romantic symphony, Klaus Schulze, Arabic, Indian etc. Denon 2000 with the new pads copes with it all very well indeed.

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #295 of 310
Ham Sandwhich,

I wear glasses and haven't had a problem with either the v1 or v3 J$ pads. I prefer the v1 pads and those are the thickest he has made, I think. I don't know what to make of Audio Jester's comment, other than to say that everyone has a different shaped head and different glasses and is sensitive to a different degree, so I don't think anyone can tell you whether this will be a problem for you. What I can say is that selling J$ pads on Head-Fi is easy as pie, so it's not like you have anything to lose if you buy them and don't like them.

I haven't had any hint of pain or discomfort and absolutely love my v1 pads.

Best,
Adam

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #296 of 310
Many thanks!

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #298 of 310
HeadRoom (headphone.com) used to have them, but it seems like they only have the Beyerdynamic versions right now (see here). Supply with J-Money is, shall we say, spotty, which is why it is so easy to resell them on Head-Fi.

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #299 of 310

Quote:
HeadRoom (headphone.com) used to have them, but it seems like they only have the Beyerdynamic versions right now (see here). Supply with J-Money is, shall we say, spotty, which is why it is so easy to resell them on Head-Fi.

if you read the reviews(not sure if they were removed)......many people were displeased with either the product or the shipping delays.

I don't like to bad mouth anyone that provides an internet service  as I do the same for the Car Audio industry....and I have dealt with the same shipping problems .... but it seems his priorities lie elsewhere.

It seems his product is of high quality....if the proper QC is maintained.....my suspicions are that someone that isn't up to the task is taking over for him while he's fufilling other obligations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back