JMoney Denon Ear Pads
Sep 11, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #91 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just finished recabling and Dynamatting (word?) my D2000. I swapped out the Canare Starquad with some nice Navships silver plated copper (with Kapton shielding). I added Dynamat to the cups and to the back of the driver. Holy crap...sounds like a completely different headphone. I was seriously considering selling these but thought I'd give them another shot with a makeover. I don't know whether it was the Dynamat or the new wire, but the boomy bass is gone. The mids are more present (probably due to the tightening of the bass) and I can hear more detail. The ssssssssibilance is still there, but is much less obtrusive.

I think I shall hang on to these.
beerchug.gif

I did the very same to my D5000's. "Holy crap" was my own reaction too.
smily_headphones1.gif
I hear a huge difference even with the stock pads unmodded. I'm waiting for the JMoney pads now.

At present they have a forwardness in sound that's near Grado quality. The bass remains fabulously detailed and deep but without any boominess. It took me a while to do the mod since I was skeptic. However, when I got the Dynamat, I realized that it really should make a difference. The dynamat is serious acoustics altering material.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #92 of 310
ecclesand would you do the dampening different on D7000 since they have tighter bass to begin with?

Sep 11, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #93 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just finished recabling and Dynamatting (word?) my D2000. I swapped out the Canare Starquad with some nice Navships silver plated copper (with Kapton shielding). I added Dynamat to the cups and to the back of the driver. Holy crap...sounds like a completely different headphone. I was seriously considering selling these but thought I'd give them another shot with a makeover. I don't know whether it was the Dynamat or the new wire, but the boomy bass is gone. The mids are more present (probably due to the tightening of the bass) and I can hear more detail. The ssssssssibilance is still there, but is much less obtrusive.

I think I shall hang on to these.
beerchug.gif

Good to hear taht you like your D2000 now!
beerchug.gif

Could you drop the link there you got Navships silver plated copper?
Im thinking about recabeling my D5000 to.

Oct 24, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #96 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recommend peeling off the silvery stuff from the Dynamat when you do the procedure. Somehow the sound becomes less sibilant if you do this step.

That silver is a pain to get off, got any tips/tricks?

Oct 24, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #97 of 310
I didn't peel off the silvery stuff. No sibilance here. It would have been a serious task to do so anyway.

Oct 24, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #98 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by techenvy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
def could use a pair where do i buy?

You could buy from HeadRoom when they're again available. They're awaiting some new stock.

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #99 of 310
Just replace my 7000 pad with the Jmoney ones ....
atsmile.gif
Love it.

It really easy to replace the pad
1) Press flat down hard against the pad and turn counter clockwise.
2) Pull the old pad out.
3) Wrap the Jmoney pad to the plastic ring .... use two fingers under to hold the pad and the ring, use the other hand fingers to continue pulling and wrapping the ring.

4) Put the pad back and press flat down hard down and turn clockwise. Done...

4178385426_747cf98d01_o.jpg

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #100 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by akg702 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just replace my 7000 pad with the Jmoney ones ....
atsmile.gif
Love it.

It really easy to replace the pad
1) Press flat down hard against the pad and turn counter clockwise.
2) Pull the old pad out.
3) Wrap the Jmoney pad to the plastic ring .... use two fingers under to hold the pad and the ring, use the other hand fingers to continue pulling and wrapping the ring.

4) Put the pad back and press flat down hard down and turn clockwise. Done...

I have the feeling this post will be useful to me, and others, in the very near future...Thanks for the pics.

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #102 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ecclesand would you do the dampening different on D7000 since they have tighter bass to begin with?

Ask markl, I believe he uses different dampening materials depending on the can, or it might just be the wood in his custom cups, I'm not sure. Hit him up, he's usually quick to answer and very helpful.

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #104 of 310
I lol'd last night at about 3am...

In all seriousness, I actually looked back at the pictures to see his hands and they are actually pretty decent looking! haha.

You have to wear oven gloves from now on. Other than that, be prepared to receive large sums of money for 2 minute photo sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back