Jlab Jbuds J2 Impressions.
Dec 2, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #46 of 214
I emailed Brian late last night and I got an email back about thirty minutes ago. I'm eagerly awaiting both pairs!

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #49 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by lqv2015 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the buy 1 get 1 free deal still going on?

According to JLab Audio, the deal is good through Dec 15:

"We encourage everyone in the Head Fi community to give the new JBuds J2 a try and to take advantage of our buy 1 get 1 free special, good through December 15 by shopping our J2 Launch Store: http://astore.amazon.com/wwwjlabaudioc-20"

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #51 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by lqv2015 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. So what do I have to do?

I followed that link but the checkout was $25 for one pair.

Buy a pair and when amazon sends your confirmation or shipping email forward that to the email address on pg 2 of this thread in the instructions.

Brian Molina just sent me my acknowlwdgement of a free pair this evening.

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #52 of 214
I really don't want to miss this deal, and 2 for 1 always sweetens the deal. I'll probably only use these at the gym my current gymphones are jvc marshmallows which are getting old...so it's time to replace them, should I get the J2's or stick with the marshmallows?

Sorry I'm a noob,
Corey
redface.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #53 of 214
I just got my Jbuds and first impression was they are very tight, flat sound and a bit lacking in bass. The first song I tried was "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin. It has a lot of bass and I love Terri Nunn's voice. The highs were a bit subdued. Mids were there and sounded nice. Base wasn't what I'm used to after using my V-Moda Bass for about 4000 hours, so a 4 minute review is not at all fair. I'm running pink noise through the Jbuds and I'll see if I hear a difference in about 5 hours. Hopefully the bass will be stronger in time.

Dec 3, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #55 of 214
Yep, like I said before, more Ety-like and neutral sound. They need tips that isolate more to give some more bass and even still they will never be CX300 or V-Moda, JVC, etc. for bass levels. No real difference on mine which are at about 60 hours on them. I think they are fun(even being flat) with their own unique presentation and the bass is quite well done just quite flat and tight.

Outside chance they are like some OVC and some of the Soundmagic phones that do develop more bass after a longer burn-in period but I doubt that.

They take at least 50 hours to clear up and then the highs should stop being subdued.

Dec 4, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #56 of 214
Not quite 5 hours, but I had to try them. I'm amazed with the difference in that short of period of time. I'm listening to Paul McCartney & Wings "Let Me Roll It" which has a lot of strong bass and the Jabuds are doing quite well. So far I'm pleased.

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #59 of 214
I tried ordering a set from Amazon.com, but was sadly informed that this product cannot be shipped to Canada.

Is there any chance that some love will be shown to the Canadian head-fi'ers out there?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #60 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They take at least 50 hours to clear up and then the highs should stop being subdued.

Thank god. I thought I was going to have to deal with this for the duration of the life of these headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back