JKenny Audio Ciúnas DAC and Ciúnas SPDIF
Aug 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #451 of 598
Quote:
Got the Ciunas DAC hooked up to the GS-X mk2 with the LCD-3s ..   Pretty Good 
basshead.gif

How does it compare with Concero? I believe you had a chance to listen to COncero in your system..

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #458 of 598
Does the Ciunas get charged whilst the device is switched off and the charger cable still plugged into the PC?

Are you asking, "If I push the dac's button so it's not illuminated, i.e., off, does charging still work? Assuming your computer is on, or the computer plug you're using is always on, I suspect the answer is yes because charging is a separate circuit. But I'd ask John directly. I use a separate charger to external AC and leave the dac button on, but mine's on the floor behind my computer and thus the blue On light is out of sight.

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #459 of 598
I asked John:

I am a bit let down with the USB charger. Is it correct that if I connect both USB for playback and USB for power the blue light will not go on? Is there any other way to check it is charging?

Both are connected but I only get playback when I push the button on.

Yes, that is correct - I need to update the user guide. You shouldn't need to worry about charging, once it's plugged into a working 5V DC supply ot greater
The charger cable is very loose, it does not really stick so I am worried it will not charge.

If the plug is loose you can splay the split pin in the centre of the socket on the DAC - this should ensure a tighter fit

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #461 of 598
Quote:
Are you asking, "If I push the dac's button so it's not illuminated, i.e., off, does charging still work? Assuming your computer is on, or the computer plug you're using is always on, I suspect the answer is yes because charging is a separate circuit. But I'd ask John directly. I use a separate charger to external AC and leave the dac button on, but mine's on the floor behind my computer and thus the blue On light is out of sight.

Yep exactly what I meant. I leave it on at all times also even away from computer.... 

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #462 of 598
Quote:
I asked John:

I am a bit let down with the USB charger. Is it correct that if I connect both USB for playback and USB for power the blue light will not go on? Is there any other way to check it is charging?

Both are connected but I only get playback when I push the button on.

Yes, that is correct - I need to update the user guide. You shouldn't need to worry about charging, once it's plugged into a working 5V DC supply ot greater
The charger cable is very loose, it does not really stick so I am worried it will not charge.

If the plug is loose you can splay the split pin in the centre of the socket on the DAC - this should ensure a tighter fit

Yes a simple LED charge light in series with a resistor and it's all fun and games. This seemed to be a small gripe with the JKDAC32 as well.

Aug 31, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #463 of 598
Previous versions of the JKSPDIF had two buttons and more complicated charging schemes.  Long story short it looked terrible and meant a lot of time spent managing the battery instead of just plugging it in and listening.  Hence the streamlined button setup and better overall look.  At least I'd rather not see this again...

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #464 of 598
I have the jkdac32 as well as the ciunas and they both charge the same way. Never had a problem with their charging

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #465 of 598
Quote:
I have the jkdac32 as well as the ciunas and they both charge the same way. Never had a problem with their charging

Hi, I've previously owned jkdac32 and I'm interested in Ciunas.
I found jkdac32 very, very musical and easy to listen to, but I've found its bass a bit on the loose side.
Could you tell me the differences in sound singature between them?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back