Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released
Mar 31, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #196 of 246
Lists the minimum needs, rather than the best needs.
If you have quad-channel memory, of course, would be better.
Quad-channel memory is too expensive right now, so I do not use it as a benchmark.
Remember: be sure to use the manufacturer-supplied set memory, do not purchase single-stick make Multi-channel, so work is terrible.

Apr 1, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #197 of 246
Lists the minimum needs, rather than the best needs.
If you have quad-channel memory, of course, would be better.
Quad-channel memory is too expensive right now, so I do not use it as a benchmark.
Remember: be sure to use the manufacturer-supplied set memory, do not purchase single-stick make Multi-channel, so work is terrible.
So why exactly do you need all that to get it to sound better? Wouldn't an Intel atom board with a soldered chip and smaller lengths of the traces with dual channel ram have less jitter???

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #198 of 246
Quote:
So why exactly do you need all that to get it to sound better? Wouldn't an Intel atom board with a soldered chip and smaller lengths of the traces with dual channel ram have less jitter???

I'm using the AVX instruction set, direct physical memory access, as well as other lowlevel technologies.
Purpose of assurance during audio playback in real time.
It requires powerful hardware to support.
In fact, professional audio has been used in powerful workstations, such as the HP Z800, I tried on cheap systems meet near capacity.
If you are using more than $ 1 million in professional system, you don't have to concern about JEP.

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #199 of 246
I'm using the AVX instruction set, direct physical memory access, as well as other lowlevel technologies.
Purpose of assurance during audio playback in real time.
It requires powerful hardware to support.
In fact, professional audio has been used in powerful workstations, such as the HP Z800, I tried on cheap systems meet near capacity.
If you are using more than $ 1 million in professional system, you don't have to concern about JEP.
It makes sense... How much will it cost? It doesn't seem like it'll make a difference with a $600 headphone rig though...

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #202 of 246
careful when dealing wih thinkspace, he posted a link in my MQn thread on computer audiophile to jep2.4.8.rar for me to download that contains trojans and spyware as per linked report below

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/30838d3d4e300b85952dacb27aa663a8906a379aaaca31c1db7f6e0998835331/analysis/1364763413/

strange way to do business

Apart from antivirus warnings I have seen no signs that JEP is malware.Pretty sure it is false positive on antivirus software.

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #204 of 246
I think a more reasonable HIFI-PC cost around $ 2000.

LMAO. I could build five PCs for listening to music, for less than $2000. I've run JEP on a graphics and video editing machine that more than meets JEP's "requirements," and my bare-bones little HP Mini, running the pkshan Foobar variant, PurePlayer, Aimp3.5 or Daum PotPlayer with the pkshan Foobar ReClock, all handily beat JEP for audio quality, with the exact same outboard HRT Music Streamer DAC as on the big machine.

That's the beauty of the minimalist school of audio player design. Not only do they sound better, because they screw less with the music, they also require less processing resources, thus cost less. Simpler is better, as in so many other things in life. IMO, YMMV, etc. -- but try it and see for yourself.

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #205 of 246
Hi, Thinkspace,

Version 2.5 supports:

1 Windows 8 only, windows 7 NOT supported
2. What about AMD processor e.g. E450? I get inferior sound if I use AMD processor why?
3. Only WAV what about other types of files? My opinion is that it should be able to read files directly from Audio CD and then convert to WAV
play that file.

Looks like V2.4.8 supports AMD and windows 7 as well.

Please explain, thanks.

Apr 2, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #207 of 246
Quote:
Hi, Thinkspace,

Version 2.5 supports:

1 Windows 8 only, windows 7 NOT supported
2. What about AMD processor e.g. E450? I get inferior sound if I use AMD processor why?
3. Only WAV what about other types of files? My opinion is that it should be able to read files directly from Audio CD and then convert to WAV
play that file.

Looks like V2.4.8 supports AMD and windows 7 as well.

Please explain, thanks.

For one simple reason: they hinder me to improve sound quality.

Apr 2, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #208 of 246
Quote:
Apart from antivirus warnings I have seen no signs that JEP is malware.Pretty sure it is false positive on antivirus software.

Well, while not purposely designed as it, it should be treated as malware by any decent anti-virus software. It overwrites registry values and changes system permissions and settings that were put there for a good reason.

It's nothing I would risk installing especially considering it doesn't have an uninstall file. Just deleting the files doesn't undo the changes that the batch file makes...

Apr 2, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #209 of 246
Well, while not purposely designed as it, it should be treated as malware by any decent anti-virus software. It overwrites registry values and changes system permissions and settings that were put there for a good reason.

It's nothing I would risk installing especially considering it doesn't have an uninstall file. Just deleting the files doesn't undo the changes that the batch file makes...

+1. There needs to be an uninstall bat file to undo the changes made.

Apr 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #210 of 246

Good point, I love this software for SQ but I have accepted the security implications for my music server, but this may not be practical for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back