JHA consumer experience thread (Positive=Yes, Negative=No)
Aug 25, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #61 of 69

Quote:
Ouch. You asked the fundamental question there though, it is never good to be left in the dark, especially when problems arise.

Well, I did decide to e-mail them again, telling them how I felt.  Which is when they told me that my headphones shipped, and were already at the post office, a week ago.  When asked why they didn't tell me, they said their website is having problems updating statuses.  I mean if the website was down, it'd be nice to get an e-mail from them telling me when they were going to be shipped, instead I have to continually ask about it.  I'm thankful I don't have to send them back for a refit, but this whole ordeal has soured me on JHaudio.  They've absolutely lost me as a customer.

Aug 25, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #63 of 69

Quote:
This is not completely on-topic, since I'm not a customer of theirs yet, but: I have always been surprised at how tolerant JHA customers apparently are about exposed wires. I feel as if a majority of the times that I've seen pictures of JHA phones posted here--pictures taken by new owners--the cord did not connect flush with the driver housing, leaving exposed wires.  I see this in pictures of no other brand's earphones.  It looks horrendous to me, and I wouldn't personally accept it with an earphone of any price, much less customs. 

It bothers me because my favorite earphone to date was the UE TF 10 Pro, so should I opt for customs in the future, JHA should be at the top of my list.

If you get a set and encounter that, you can just file the pins down a hair. That's what I'll do if I run into that with the set I'm receiving tomorrow once I'm sure the fit and everything is good.

But it could just be that people don't push them in all the way. Here's a large set of photos from JH Audio and the ones I looked at all seem to have the cable pretty flush.

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #65 of 69

Quote:
But it could just be that people don't push them in all the way. Here's a large set of photos from JH Audio and the ones I looked at all seem to have the cable pretty flush.

Mine were "bent" a little and wouldn't sit flush for one IEM; I thought it was a manufacturing error. Once I used a (tiny!) bit of force, I corrected it and all pins sit dead flush with both IEMs now. 

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #66 of 69
My JH13pro, took nearly 8 weeks to finish, and when I received them the left sound bore is chipped and it hurs my ear canal everytime I inserted the iem for the 1st time. Other than that is ok, bubble is everywhere, and color isn't even, fit was ok, only right helix doesn't feel locked like the left one, but nothing major.

I contacted Adam and he asked me to send the iem back to him to have a look. Only it's costly to send the iem to US from Indonesia :) by Fedex or UPS, but Adam said that JHAudio will take care the shipping cost back to my country. I made my ear impression in Singapore and sent it from there, so the shipping cost is reasonable.

If only they little bit careful on the QC before sending the iem, it will be perfect.

Here's the closeup picture:

Mar 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #67 of 69
That's pretty disappointing considering the time and cost. Hopefully they make it right with you.

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #69 of 69
It's now back with perfect shape! Thanks to JHAudio to make it fast and to ship it with UPS (took 2 days to get from US to Indonesia).
I'm a happy man now!

PS: Sent the iem to JHAudio on 9th March 2012, and got it returned and fixed on 22nd March 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back