JHA consumer experience thread (Positive=Yes, Negative=No)
Jun 16, 2011 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

Anaxilus

Headphoneus Supremus
Please mark 'Yes' for positive.  'No' for negative.

For the benefit of Jerry Harvey Audio and potential customers/clients.  Please post your experiences and vote appropriately.  

Do not factor in perceived sound quality into whether or not the process and your experience made it 'worth it'.  We want a clear and honest representation of what experience a potential client might look forward to.

Thank You.

Jun 16, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 69
First vote.  Although my fit has never gotten to be 100% comfortable and I seem to have the iem foot noise, I do have to say that they were very responsive and worked with me so i voted yes.  I stopped trying to get them perfect in that I still have the footfall noise and they are not as comfortable as i expected customs to be, so it was not a good decision for me, however they were responsive, just so many times shipping across the country and two audiologists  got to costly.

On one of my tries to get the fit right, they lost my iems and I called after waiting three and a half weeks and I had to provide a tracking number before they found them a couple of hours later.....on the bright side though, they remolded them and got them out to me overnight for free that day.  Mistakes made but they always stepped up when i talked to them.  

Edit-clean up and clarify.

Jun 16, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #3 of 69
I voted "YES". For "yes" to positive customer service, not "yes" to negative customer service, you may want to re-write the poll answers. Anyway, JHA was amazing to me for the entire process. I normally think that most people who complain are the loudest. I would buy (and will) another product from them. Not one issue for me. Good luck to everyone else.

Jun 16, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #4 of 69
I ordered my JH13 February 2010 and the whole process from when I sent my impressions to receiving the finished product was 3-4 weeks with good info and timely responses to emails all the way through and no fit issues on the finished product. One happy customer

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 69
I must say I have also been very impressed with the customer service I've received from JH. Sure, a pair of JH5's are relatively expensive IEM's (for most people), but compared to say a TV or a new car for that matter they're still not all that much money and I bet you'd have to work pretty hard to get a reply to an email from a family member of the VP of BMW within a day or two.

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #6 of 69
my experience was quick and simple.  paid, sent my impressions that i used on another custom, got it back, fit the first time and the rest is history.  although, i paid full price and asked if i can get a free tshirt and they said no. lol.  i mean really, its only a $4 tshirt (their cost at most) would have been nice but oh well.  

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #7 of 69
i really dont think you want me to post right now......

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #8 of 69

Quote:
i really dont think you want me to post right now......

Why's that?  This isn't a hater or fanboy thread.  Let it out.

Jun 16, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #9 of 69
Nothing but great service from my standpoint. I have a pair of JH13's that had to be refitted several times, under warranty. They were built up and always promptly returned to me. My subsequent JH16 order went off without a hitch as well. All of my emails have been answered promptly, including emails about my current order with them.

Jun 16, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #11 of 69
Using the voting options makes no sense since the stem of the questions does not match the response options, so I didn't vote.

I have had nothing but quick responses and actions to the purchase of my JH13s; re-fits (poor impressions done by Sonus); re-build with new impressions; and all my questions about the JH-3A.  I don't look to head-fi for reliable and valid information on the status of my orders, I go directly to JH Audio by phone or email and get exactly the information I need immediately.  Unequivocally, great customer service.

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #12 of 69
I didn't have any problems what so ever. I ordered my JH11s in January, received them a week and a half later, perfect fit the first time I was shocked. I figured I would at least have to send them back once after reading everyone else's horror stories but they fit  and sound great.

Jun 17, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #13 of 69
This is not completely on-topic, since I'm not a customer of theirs yet, but: I have always been surprised at how tolerant JHA customers apparently are about exposed wires. I feel as if a majority of the times that I've seen pictures of JHA phones posted here--pictures taken by new owners--the cord did not connect flush with the driver housing, leaving exposed wires.  I see this in pictures of no other brand's earphones.  It looks horrendous to me, and I wouldn't personally accept it with an earphone of any price, much less customs. 

It bothers me because my favorite earphone to date was the UE TF 10 Pro, so should I opt for customs in the future, JHA should be at the top of my list.

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #14 of 69
I think it's more complicated situation specific than a mere yes and no.

I think the response to some of the problems of JH-3A delay could have been handled better.  So it's an issue of crisis management that could have been improved.
But on individual situations, basis and service, they are always at their best many times going beyond and above the call of duty. 

If this makes sense.  :)

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #15 of 69
How could there possibly be exposed wires, all the wires are inside the molded shell with no wire other than the headphone cable outside ?
The headphone cable is detachable via a 2-prong male plug that connects to a female plug in the shell and you just push that in to leave no gap between the molding of the plug and the shell.

Quote:
This is not completely on-topic, since I'm not a customer of theirs yet, but: I have always been surprised at how tolerant JHA customers apparently are about exposed wires. I feel as if a majority of the times that I've seen pictures of JHA phones posted here--pictures taken by new owners--the cord did not connect flush with the driver housing, leaving exposed wires.  I see this in pictures of no other brand's earphones.  It looks horrendous to me, and I wouldn't personally accept it with an earphone of any price, much less customs. 

It bothers me because my favorite earphone to date was the UE TF 10 Pro, so should I opt for customs in the future, JHA should be at the top of my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back