JH5 pro custom vs Audeze LCD-2
Jun 6, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 8
Unfortunately, you have left so many variables open in your query, there is no valid answer. Model #'s??

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #5 of 8
JH5 Pro Custom($400USD) vs Audeze LCD-2($1000)
Although IEM have smaller drivers, wouldn't custom iem shaped to your ear sound better than mass produced one size fits all over the ear headphones?

Jun 7, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #6 of 8
To me the JH5 has some crossover issues which lead me to purchase the JH 10 x3 Pro instead which sounds much more even and coherent.

I think the two are somewhat night and day to compare because one is a customer in-ear and the other is a very large driver open headphone.  The sound signature may be similar in that the bass on both is slightly emphasized or at least apparent, but they sound quite different.

The LCD-2 is a neutrality champion whereas JH tends to tune their IEMs for enjoyment so you typically receive a slight bass boost.  Not to say the JH products are in any way of less quality, just tuned differently.

It may also depend on how you listen to your music.  If you run and travel a ton then the JH in-ear will be much more logical, but if you are like me and listen mostly at your desktop then the LCD-2 or another open headphone may be much better.

Both headphones you have listed are amazing and I would not hesitate on either, but I do find the JH5 to not be their best IEM and the LCD-2 is a bit clunky and heavy to wear.

Hope that helps!

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #8 of 8
Please start only one thread in the future.  Starting multiple threads wastes everyone's time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back