JH13's biggest downside
Oct 24, 2010 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9
I had been a happy JH13 owner for over a year.  I took them everywhere, fell asleep with them, took them on planes, trains, and automobiles. I remembered my JH13's anniversary.  
That was all before I discovered the glaring fault with the JH13's.

They are small.
I lost them.

The first place I looked was the last place I would look, but since I looked there first it wasn't there.  
I've been looking around the house for the last couple of weeks, thinking they're bound to show up, they couldn't have just up and left, but no dice.  They're gone.  This would never happen to my LCD-2's.  

I'm looking out the window wistfully, reminiscing about the good days, when a soda was a nickel and a new pair of portable headphones wouldn't run over 1K.  It's raining outside, but I can't tell if the audio gods are commiserating with me or making a day on which I already had a horrible realization even worse.  If only it had an RFID chip in it.  Or maybe if the artwork just had my name and number on it.  Maybe I should have been like one of those kids with the mittens attached to their coats with strings.  But what if's won't make them come back.  I was careless, I got burned, and now I've lost all innocence in this frightening world and become a jaded, cynical shell of my former self, dismissing dreams, hopes, and aspirations in favor of a smoky lounge and a perpetually half-empty glass of scotch.
I'd listen to some depressing music to further fuel my spiral into this abyss of despondence, but I don't have my JH13's to listen to it on.

I am sad.

Oct 24, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 9
Wow, I feel for you. That sucks. A chip for tracking would be a great security.

Oct 24, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #6 of 9
Wow, sorry to hear that, hope you find them soon.
IEMs are small, but the cables are quite long and should be quite easily spotted. I'm not a very tidy person myself and I lose things all the time, but have never lost any of my IEMs, touch wood.

Oct 24, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #7 of 9
I like the phone # graphics idea. Of course it doesn't help if they're in Fido's tummy or the drain. Hope they show up.
etysmile.gif

Oct 25, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
I thought I lost it in the house, but I searched extremely thoroughly and have not had any luck finding it.  No dog or young children to eat/attempt to eat small objects.  Also, unfortunately I won't be replacing it with a new pair.  I'm working on my home rig and can't spend another thousand on new JH's.  So I'm just left with my memories...

Oct 25, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #9 of 9
I just put mine back in their otterbox, i carelessly left them sitting out in their little pouch.  Thanks for reminding me and sorry for your loss, pretty major setback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back