JH Audio Lola Impressions and Discussions
Sep 2, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #661 of 739
Does anyone think the jh16v2 is more neutral than the roxanne or vice versa?

Hearing it for the first time many years ago, Roxanne struck me as a bit dark. But at the same time it sounded wonderful. This was about four or five years ago :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Sep 2, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #662 of 739
Roxanne is thick-sounding; it is far more dark than the 16 pro v2. The Roxanne has very little sparkle at the high end.

Sep 2, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #664 of 739
Does anyone think the jh16v2 is more neutral than the roxanne or vice versa?

Roxanne is darker. The bass pod can be set lower on both and the JH16v2 will be more neutral of the two.

Sep 3, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #667 of 739
How do you compare Layla and Rox, may I ask?
I owned the original universals of both and now have the custom versions. For me Layla has better detail retrieval and just more overall clarity than Roxanne. Layla also has more sub bass while Roxanne has more mid bass and is darker/warmer. However Roxanne's mids (i.e. vocals) are more forward where Layla's are a bit recessed. Roxanne is the easier to drive of the two. Both in universal and custom form Layla tends to be bigger than Roxanne though that may have been remedied with the new Aion universal series.

Sep 3, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #668 of 739
Not to stir anything up but comparing the jh13v2, 16v2 and layla seems to shows that the 16v2 and layla are quite similar.

Attachments

• graph.png
    graph.png
    240.3 KB · Views: 0
Sep 11, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #669 of 739
Just to chime in... @MaxwellDot guided me to the Lola’s (universal) many months ago and man... i listen to them for hours a day with iPhone + ES100, Hiby R6 Pro, and iFi xDSD. I’m using the JH balanced cable w/ base @ 2:30 and Acoustune tips. I listen to a lot of classical and female vocals, blues, you name it. It all sounds incredible, sometimes better than my Audeze cans
You mentioned using the Hiby R6 pro with the Lola. How well does that work together?
I'm currently using an LG G8 to drive them on the go, but really need to crank up the volume to drive them. I have a mojo also which sounds great, but want to simplify to one price of equipment that can stream. They still sound good, but would like something dedicated that would give a bit better sound.

Sep 12, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #670 of 739
You mentioned using the Hiby R6 pro with the Lola. How well does that work together?
I'm currently using an LG G8 to drive them on the go, but really need to crank up the volume to drive them. I have a mojo also which sounds great, but want to simplify to one price of equipment that can stream. They still sound good, but would like something dedicated that would give a bit better sound.
Oh man, it sounds incredible. I'm using the JH balanced cable that has the bass adjustment set to 2:30 and the sound is unreal. I have about 200 gigs of offline Tidal (masters mostly) and Qobuz High Res, plus a bunch of FLAC's and some DSD's.

That being said... I'm a novice and somewhat new to high end music and I don't have any truly high end gear. To my ears the sound is amazing though

Sep 13, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #671 of 739
Oh man, it sounds incredible. I'm using the JH balanced cable that has the bass adjustment set to 2:30 and the sound is unreal. I have about 200 gigs of offline Tidal (masters mostly) and Qobuz High Res, plus a bunch of FLAC's and some DSD's.

That being said... I'm a novice and somewhat new to high end music and I don't have any truly high end gear. To my ears the sound is amazing though

Thanks for the feedback. That helps.

Sep 18, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #672 of 739
if anyone has lola and sony ier z1r take the sony ML silicon tips and try it on lola, sounds amazing, the lola is the most iem that i found tip dependent

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #673 of 739
I’ve had my Lola’s for 18 months. I don’t know what happened but they bloomed after about 9 months of listening. I am very impressed. A couple thoughts.....

1) think of the HD650’s without a vail and BASS! Mids are as good or better then the Senn’s. Sound stage the same of a bit better. Trebile is much better as well.
2). Grado sound in the sense that it’s like your on stage with the performers. With the Gardo’s you seem to be looking up at the musicians with the Lola’s it’s as if your standing up at their level.

Regardless, they are so much better now than when I first got them, that it’s hard to believe that hey are the same CIEM’s.

just my thoughts........

Nov 29, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #675 of 739
I’ve had my Lola’s for 18 months. I don’t know what happened but they bloomed after about 9 months of listening. I am very impressed. A couple thoughts.....

1) think of the HD650’s without a vail and BASS! Mids are as good or better then the Senn’s. Sound stage the same of a bit better. Trebile is much better as well.
2). Grado sound in the sense that it’s like your on stage with the performers. With the Gardo’s you seem to be looking up at the musicians with the Lola’s it’s as if your standing up at their level.

Regardless, they are so much better now than when I first got them, that it’s hard to believe that hey are the same CIEM’s.

just my thoughts........

Have you tried the new jh balanced cables? Are they any good? Or should I just get another moon audio silver dragon v2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back