JH Audio Lola Impressions and Discussions
Jul 4, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #601 of 739
According to audio46, the JIMI is gonna be a limited run of just 200 units. I'm not a huge fan of the artwork tho. I wish they stuck with the universal demo artwork instead but the finish is nice. Just wondering how they sound and perform compared to the Lola.

Jul 12, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #602 of 739
@mwhals Since you got the seven pin connector and "acoustic chamber" how does the seven pin compare to the locking ring 4 pin? Does it feel just as secure and sturdy? Do you prefer one over the other, and have you noticed any improvement with the chamber, either easier to clean or sonic improvement? thanks!

Jul 12, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #603 of 739
@mwhals Since you got the seven pin connector and "acoustic chamber" how does the seven pin compare to the locking ring 4 pin? Does it feel just as secure and sturdy? Do you prefer one over the other, and have you noticed any improvement with the chamber, either easier to clean or sonic improvement? thanks!

The 7 pin seems at least as secure as my Angie 4 pin socket. The acoustic chamber makes it easier to clean, because the holes are recessed by at last 1/8 inch. I just go around the inside of the outer area to clean. I do not see cleaning deeply as often with the acoustic chamber. Can’t comment on sonic improvements much as I have not heard the normal custom Lola. Compared to the universal I auditioned last year, it sounds similar to me, but it has been around a year since I heard the universal.

Jul 12, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #604 of 739
The 7 pin seems at least as secure as my Angie 4 pin socket. The acoustic chamber makes it easier to clean, because the holes are recessed by at last 1/8 inch. I just go around the inside of the outer area to clean. I do not see cleaning deeply as often with the acoustic chamber. Can’t comment on sonic improvements much as I have not heard the normal custom Lola. Compared to the universal I auditioned last year, it sounds similar to me, but it has been around a year since I heard the universal.
So would you recommend the 7 pin as an upgrade to the locking collar? Thanks again!

Jul 12, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #605 of 739
So would you recommend the 7 pin as an upgrade to the locking collar? Thanks again!

I would recommend it in case JH Audio creates a cable that can adjust more than just bass. I see no other reason for 7 pin unless JH Audio has something planned for its use.

Aug 2, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #606 of 739
SO I've been looking and reading for a while, and really wanted to upgrade my listening experience, and eventually get into customs. Always intrigued with JH Audio and Empire Ears, and the description of the Lola's sounds like my style. I saw some open box on HeadAmp, and finally pulled the trigger. I'm currently using Flares Gold, and generally happy with them, but just wanted more.
The Lola's should be here this week, so I can't wait to share my experience with them. If I really love them, I was thinking of ordering the custom version later.

Aug 4, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #607 of 739
@mwhals or anyone else who's heard them, how would you compare the lola to the Roxanne and the lola to the jh16v2. I'm currently listening to the lola and jh16v2 and trying to decide which I like better. The only one I haven't heard is the roxanne which is why I'm asking.

Aug 4, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #608 of 739
@mwhals or anyone else who's heard them, how would you compare the lola to the Roxanne and the lola to the jh16v2. I'm currently listening to the lola and jh16v2 and trying to decide which I like better. The only one I haven't heard is the roxanne which is why I'm asking.

Roxanne has more bass and is not as airy as Lola. If you listen mostly to Rock, Roxanne is good. I like Lola better though as the mids are better to me and I already had IEMs with really good bass. The Lola bass is no slouch. I keep mine at 1:00 on the bass pod.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #609 of 739
Roxanne has more bass and is not as airy as Lola. If you listen mostly to Rock, Roxanne is good. I like LoLa better though as the mids are better to me and I already had IEMs with really good bass. The Lola bass is no slouch. I keep mine at 1:00!on the bass pod.
Which one would you say has better detail and soundstage? Which has more realistic sound? Thanks!

Aug 4, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #610 of 739
Which one would you say has better detail and soundstage? Which has more realistic sound? Thanks!

I think Lola is more realistic personally, because of the dynamic drivers in the mids. Roxanne is built for volume, which is why it has 4 each of low, mids and high drivers. They aren’t tuned differently. They are 4 in parallel so it can get really loud.

Lola is Jerry Harvey’s favorite of his IEMs.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #611 of 739
Roxanne has more bass and is not as airy as Lola. If you listen mostly to Rock, Roxanne is good. I like LoLa better though as the mids are better to me and I already had IEMs with really good bass. The Lola bass is no slouch. I keep mine at 1:00!on the bass pod.
Did you have both or how do you come up with this statements. I had both and Roxanne sound more airy and with a grander soundstage, Lola sound muffled and with worst separation compared with Roxanne

Aug 4, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #612 of 739
I think Lola is more realistic personally, because of the dynamic drivers in the mids. Roxanne is built for volume, which is why it has 3 each of low, mids and high drivers. They aren’t tuned differently. They are 3 in parallel so it can get really loud.

Lola is Jerry Harvey’s favorite of his IEMs.
Jarry Harvey had to sell Lola and since it was released after Roxanne he had to say that Lola is his favorite because he wanted to increase the sales. I had Lola, Angie and I have now Roxanne and Layla and each sound different, Lola has good mids but the separation is sub par with Roxanne and Layla. The timbre of the instruments sound good but I am a sucker for instrument separation that is why I sold the Lola

Aug 4, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #613 of 739
I suppose i should mention that i had the laylas as well and the reason i decided not to go with them is because i found them very fatiguing since all the frequencies felt so even and powerfull. There was soundstage but it felt poorly balanced in the sense that everything was so equal that it didnt sound realistic.

Aug 4, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #614 of 739
Did you have both or how do you come up with this statements. I had both and Roxanne sound more airy and with a grander soundstage, Lola sound muffled and with worst separation compared with Roxanne

We all hear things differently, plus I am going from memory. It has been over a year since I auditioned Roxanne. It was a tough decision, but Lola fit me better as a complementary IEM to go with my others. Once broken in, it opens up. Synergy with the dap can also be a factor as well as the type of music being played.

Aug 4, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #615 of 739
I suppose i should mention that i had the laylas as well and the reason i decided not to go with them is because i found them very fatiguing since all the frequencies felt so even and powerfull. There was soundstage but it felt poorly balanced in the sense that everything was so equal that it didnt sound realistic.

Why not audition Roxanne too? It is best decided with your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back