JH Audio Lola Impressions and Discussions
May 30, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #572 of 739
Awesome that my space themed Lola came on the same day as the history making launch of Space X Falcon with NASA astronauts aboard.

Lola custom sounds good.
It's really a nice feeling. Your design and the timing covering two generation of space exploration. Well done mate. Remarkable.

Tell us more about the IEM and sound, you have the same IEMs than me. So I'm curious. :)

May 30, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #573 of 739
It's really a nice feeling. Your design and the timing covering two generation of space exploration. Well done mate. Remarkable.

Tell us more about the IEM and sound, you have the same IEMs than me. So I'm curious. :)

Variable bass is great as you can set it to your liking. Mids are very good out of the box, but it needs about 200 hours break in according to JH Audio. I need more listening time as the first album I listened to was a new one for me that I hadn’t listened to yet.

Jun 2, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #576 of 739
IMG_20200207_184711_087.jpg
Done my reshell from universals to customs.

Are they more comfortable? Felt like having rocks in my ears and even though I sent them back a couple times to get redone, once I had them replace it with the universal, damn they were comfortable.

Wish they did a softer material that could move and adapt... Moving my face at all broke the seal. I wonder if they could make them really, really tight and maybe that would fix it?

Jun 2, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #577 of 739
Are they more comfortable? Felt like having rocks in my ears and even though I sent them back a couple times to get redone, once I had them replace it with the universal, damn they were comfortable.

Wish they did a softer material that could move and adapt... Moving my face at all broke the seal. I wonder if they could make them really, really tight and maybe that would fix it?
If it was your first Custom, it needs a bit of time for your years/brain to get used to it. Also insertion/removal makes a lot of difference if not done properly on Customs. For my first Custom it took me 2-3 weeks to get used. Now I can't use universals for more than an hour.

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #578 of 739

Yes, you will need some used to. Pressure builds up easily for customs if they do not have vents to let some sound out. Some people may have difficulty to wear them for long periods.

I hated the fit for the performance series as they are too long and stick out from my ears. They also are not very secure in my ears.

Jun 4, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #579 of 739
Listened more with Lola today. It is great with guitar when playing Brad Paisley. Piano sounds good on it with Adele.

Jun 7, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #580 of 739
Listened more with Lola today. It is great with guitar when playing Brad Paisley. Piano sounds good on it with Adele.
is it a big difference between universal than customs

Jun 7, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #581 of 739
is it a big difference between universal than customs

JH Audio does a good job of tuning their customs consistent with universals. With that said, I listened to a broken in universal a year ago. My custom is not broken in yet, but it would be totally based on memory from a year ago.

Jun 7, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #582 of 739
Jun 7, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #583 of 739
JH Audio does a good job of tuning their customs consistent with universals. With that said, I listened to a broken in universal a year ago. My custom is not broken in yet, but it would be totally based on memory from a year ago.
so before complete break in , do you a take on things you look forward to improve with your custom lola

Jun 7, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #584 of 739
wonder which tips are your preferred tips to use with lola

When I auditioned the universal Lola, I used the comply T500, but I did not tip roll. I used the same tip on all the IEMs I was testing. I only had it a few days along with 3 more IEMs, so I did not have a bunch of time to do tip rolling since I could only listen at home and not at work.

so before complete break in , do you a take on things you look forward to improve with your custom lola

I think the dynamic driver, which is for mids needs broken in more than BAs. I would expect the mids to improve some, but they are already quite good out of the box.

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #585 of 739
IMG_0043.jpg

Such an amazing combo in my opinion, highly recommend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back