JH Audio Lola Impressions and Discussions
Jun 28, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #586 of 739
Dire Straights sounds phenomenal on Lola.

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #588 of 739
How would you compare the Lola to your Phantoms?

Lola is airier than Phantom, which is thicker. Phantom has more extended treble and more sub bass. Lola would be darker of the two. The lightness and more air of Lola makes it sound more open to me.

Also, Lola has adjustable bass and Phantom does not. I like Lola around 2:00 on the bass dial.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #589 of 739
wonder are those silcon tips included made by jh audio, from where can we buy more of these

Jun 29, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #590 of 739
Anyone think there's a Lola II on the books? Layla and Roxanne have had their upgrades now so maybe that is next? Thinking about getting a pair of Lolas but depending on how likely/soon that will happen I might hold off on this lady.

Jun 29, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #591 of 739
Anyone think there's a Lola II on the books? Layla and Roxanne have had their upgrades now so maybe that is next? Thinking about getting a pair of Lolas but depending on how likely/soon that will happen I might hold off on this lady.

Well, to be fair, the Layla and Roxanne never received an "upgrade" - a v2 - per se. The A&K Layla, custom Layla and FMJ Layla II all have identical internals. The acoustic sound chamber on the AION is the only upgrade the Layla's received, but that's available throughout JH's entire line-up now. With the FMJ, the Roxanne has received a bit of a tweak in its high-frequency crossover to make it 4th order like the Layla's. But, that aside, it too hasn't undergone any overt overhauls. Considering the fact that they've just come out with the JIMI, I don't expect there to be a Lola v2. Another entry in the ICONS series (which the JIMI debuted) is more likely.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #593 of 739

I doubt it. Lola is their newest IEM outside of Jimi. You can get the 7 pin cable and acoustic chamber with Lola just like ANION. You just can’t get the internal chassis of ANION, because of the dynamic drivers according to JH Audio. ANION is the same tuning and drivers that were in prior Roxanne and Layla models.

Jul 3, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #594 of 739
I've been wanting to have a go with the Lola's for a while, but haven't had the chance to listen to them yet. I still have my trusty 1st gen Layla Carbon Universals since release. And they are my daily driver now. I'm also quite interested in the JIMI but haven't read much about them for some reason. But @Deezel177 's first impression of the JIMI at e-earphone got me intrigued. I've asked JH Audio back in May, if they were ever gonna release an AION Universal version of the JIMI and they said that they'd like to add the JIMI to their Universal line in the future but they didn't have a set timeline for it. But it looks like the time is here!!
As I was browsing Moon Audio's July 4th sale, I came across the JIMI AION!!!
JHAUDIOJIMI.jpeg

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #595 of 739
I've been wanting to have a go with the Lola's for a while, but haven't had the chance to listen to them yet. I still have my trusty 1st gen Layla Carbon Universals since release. And they are my daily driver now. I'm also quite interested in the JIMI but haven't read much about them for some reason. But @Deezel177 's first impression of the JIMI at e-earphone got me intrigued. I've asked JH Audio back in May, if they were ever gonna release an AION Universal version of the JIMI and they said that they'd like to add the JIMI to their Universal line in the future but they didn't have a set timeline for it. But it looks like the time is here!!
As I was browsing Moon Audio's July 4th sale, I came across the JIMI AION!!!
JHAUDIOJIMI.jpeg
This add and price is really strange. They made a big deal releasing Roxanne and Layla AIONs, now the Jimi on a first ever AION signature shell Universal without announcing... I think MA pulled the trigger by mistake. Lol

Jul 3, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #596 of 739
This add and price is really strange. They made a big deal releasing Roxanne and Layla AIONs, now the Jimi on a first ever AION signature shell Universal without announcing... I think MA pulled the trigger by mistake. Lol
I was honestly thinking the same lol
Like I searched everywhere for release details from JH and there was nothing.

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #597 of 739
Well they're on 46audio too now but JH Audio's official sites still say nothing... kind of expected they might be scrambling now so maybe that was planned after all? But with what you read abt JH and their speed issues maybe they don't know about it haha

Edit: Apologies if this belongs in a different thread by now! Happy Barbecue Day everyone :)

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #598 of 739
Agree with them not even knowing
Hahaha

Jul 4, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #599 of 739
Well they're on 46audio too now but JH Audio's official sites still say nothing... kind of expected they might be scrambling now so maybe that was planned after all? But with what you read abt JH and their speed issues maybe they don't know about it haha

Edit: Apologies if this belongs in a different thread by now! Happy Barbecue Day everyone :)

It's been announced by their Singaporean dealers too:

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 19.45.57.png

Jul 4, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #600 of 739
Not announced here in Aussie land. Curious to see final price here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back