JH Audio Lola Impressions and Discussions
Feb 16, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #406 of 739
So I just exchanged emails with Alex Stewart @ JH to discuss getting some custom Layla's. They're going to loan me a pair to compare with the Lola's. Very much looking forward to this :)

Honestly, I'd already decided to get some nice custom IEM's and with JH's 20% "return customer" discount, the Layla's seem competitively price compared to some of the ones in the $3,000 to $4,000 range

Feb 17, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #407 of 739
If anyone is interested (and has access to Hong Kong), Soundwave HK are selling new Lolas at 50% discount (at USD 800 equivalent). Its a real bargain at this price, for the quality you are getting.

I have both Roxanne and Lola, and tried now to get a second Lola at that 50% discount price.

My understanding is that Soundwave previously were the official distributors for JH Audio in Hong Kong, but the relationship ended few months ago, so perhaps they are clearing the remaining stock. I tried to order a second pair of Lola for that price, from their online store, but I think they would only accept payments from HK credit cards etc, even tried PayPal and Google Pay, but couldn't complete the transaction with any of these. So if you are keen, and you know someone in Hong Kong, they can go grab one for you or order one for you etc.

If you go to https://shop.price.com.hk/soundwaveaudio/ and search for Lola, you will see they have 4 left in stock. The website is in Chinese, but with Google Chrome browser everything can be translated to English.

Good luck to anyone who is getting that bargain.

ps. I ordered JH Audio Trfi Special 10 Anniversary Edition IEMs from them before, also at half price when they used to accept foreign credit cards, so they are legit.

pps, I am not associated with them , just like scouring the markets for bargains like these.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #408 of 739
If anyone is interested (and has access to Hong Kong), Soundwave HK are selling new Lolas at 50% discount (at USD 800 equivalent). Its a real bargain at this price, for the quality you are getting.

I have both Roxanne and Lola (paid regular prices from JH Audio online for these), and tried now to get a second Lola at that 50% discount price.

My understanding is that Soundwave previously were the official distributors for JH Audio in Hong Kong, but the relationship ended few months ago, so perhaps they are clearing the remaining stock. I tried to order a second pair of Lola for that price, from their online store, but I think they would only accept payments from HK credit cards etc, even tried PayPal and Google Pay, but couldn't complete the transaction with any of these. So if you are keen, and you know someone in Hong Kong, they can go grab one for you or order one for you etc.

If you go to https://shop.price.com.hk/soundwaveaudio/ and search for Lola, you will see they have 4 left in stock. The website is in Chinese, but with Google Chrome browser everything can be translated to English.

ps. I ordered JH Audio Trfi Special 10 Anniversary Edition IEMs from them before, also at half price, back in March 2019, when they used to accept foreign credit cards, so they are legit.

pps, I am not associated with them , just like scouring the markets for bargains like these.
Wow, that is a great deal. The guys on this thread might want to jump on that: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...al-high-end-portable-audio-discussion.826876/

Feb 17, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #409 of 739

I have both Roxanne and Lola (paid regular prices from JH Audio online for these), and tried now to get a second Lola at that 50% discount price.

ps. I ordered JH Audio Trfi Special 10 Anniversary Edition IEMs from them before, also at half price, back in March 2019, when they used to accept foreign credit cards, so they are legit.

Want one...just can't seem to ship to USA

Feb 17, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #411 of 739
I just keep going back to some custom Layla's. I know this is a simplistic way of looking at it, but if I'm going the custom route and I want to go with JH, it just seems like their highest end model would be the best choice for me...

Have you heard Layla and Lola? Price means nothing and they sound nothing alike.

Feb 17, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #412 of 739
Man thats a killer price on Lola too bad they won't sell to the US. I've always wanted to try the Lola but couldn't justify it with having Layla and Roxanne. Now I'm waiting to see what they come up with for the new Icon series. Surprised there is still no reviews or info on the Jimi that was released back in December.

Feb 18, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #413 of 739
Want one...just can't seem to ship to USA

You would have to use a forwarding address Courier (find one and setup account online etc)... thats how I previously got the JH Audio Trfi.. I have an account with a company called Aramex , which gives you a shipping address in HK (essentially a PO Box), to which you can send stuff you buy online in HK, they receive at their HK offices, and then they forward to your actual address any where in the world (in my case to Dubai where I currently reside). It sounds cumbersome, but if you are going to order regularly from HK (which seems to always have great prices and discounts on Audiophile stuff) then its worth looking into that. I have ordered cables, DAPs, and IEMs at great discounts this way before... I nearly always check HK prices first before looking at ordering from US or UK...

Feb 18, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #414 of 739
You would have to use a forwarding address Courier (find one and setup account online etc)... thats how I previously got the JH Audio Trfi.. I have an account with a company called Aramex , which gives you a shipping address in HK (essentially a PO Box), to which you can send stuff you buy online in HK, they receive at their HK offices, and then they forward to your actual address any where in the world (in my case to Dubai where I currently reside). It sounds cumbersome, but if you are going to order regularly from HK (which seems to always have great prices and discounts on Audiophile stuff) then its worth looking into that. I have ordered cables, DAPs, and IEMs at great discounts this way before... I nearly always check HK prices first before looking at ordering from US or UK...
Seriously a value post...thank you so much

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #415 of 739
Likewise, I have been trying to figure out what the uniqueness of the Jimi is... but there are no reviews or anything meaningful on it. Very strange, and a very low key release of it a couple of months go.

Even JH Audio website etc doesn't explain well why they came up with the Jimi and whats truly different about it (unlike the Lola, in in which they quite well explained its uniqueness is the organic mids sound due to dynamite mid drivers, making the vocals, guitar, piano shine etc etc).

The only think I can see is that drivers wise, the Jimi is basically same as the Lola, except the mid-drivers in the Lola are dynamic and in the Jimi has BA drivers (so its like the Roxanne but minus the strong low divers of the Roxanne). But that to me seems like an inferior version of the Lola (and yet prices same as Lola and Roxanne)

Anyone here auditioned the Jimi and can compare to Layla, Roxanne, or Lola?

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #416 of 739
I have the Layla Aion and love it. Fit was my only issue with the OG Layla, and because the fit was so bad I could never achieve a great seal. Any issues have subsided with the Aion.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #417 of 739
Have you heard Layla and Lola? Price means nothing and they sound nothing alike.
I have the Layla Aion and love it. Fit was my only issue with the OG Layla, and because the fit was so bad I could never achieve a great seal. Any issues has subsided with the Aion.

My first Roxanne from 2015 was V1, which was HUGE.. sold that last year. The Lola that I have is the current universal version, with the long stem and hence the shell doesnt even "touch" the ear, hence the ambient noise seeps in.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #418 of 739
I fully agree on the fit of the AION shells... I have the Roxanne in AION shell (requested this as a custom order back in October (I asked JH Audio to make me a Roxanne in an AION body), before JH formally launched the Roxanne AION as a universal two month later.

With the AION, I can honestly say the sound insulation is as good as the custom (I have JH 16 Pro v1 in custom so can compare).. not to mention ergonomics.

My first Roxanne from 2015 was V1, which was HUGE.. sold that last year. The Lola that I have is the current universal version, with the long stem and hence the shell doesnt even "touch" the ear, hence the ambient noise seeps in.

Is the Lola available in AION shell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back