JH Audio Lola Impressions and Discussions
Jan 23, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #377 of 739
It is never too late. I never bought Lola, but you can burn it in continuously or you can use it for months and it will burn in the same. It doesn't matter how long it takes to get the hours, it will still burn in. Personally, I just listen to my IEMs and the burn-in happens as I listen.
I personally don't believe in mechanical burn-in (but I do believe in brain burn-in, i.e., that our brains 'adjust' to what we're hearing over time as it gets used to the sound/frequencies of a headphone). Had my first pair of custom JH Roxanne's for nearly a year before I sent it in for repair and was sent a second custom pair for free (long story). No sonic differences between my first pair (which had probably been used for upwards of 200 hours at that point) and the second pair.

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #379 of 739
i have a question, do u put the tips to sit flush with the stem so that all sound ports are visible, as I noticed a big difference in sound when i put the tip flush with the nozzle compared to non flush fit

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #380 of 739
Jan 27, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #381 of 739
A tie clip should be large enough. Amazon has many, and they look nicer than a plastic clip too.
Hey thanks. I just searched on amazon for "earphone clip" and got about a billion results. i'll have to measure the diameter when I get home to make sure I can get one that's big enough. Alex Stewart from JH got back to me and said they're working on selling one for the bigger wire

Can't wait to get my JH vacuum cleaner thing and the bluetooth cable today :)

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #383 of 739
Awesome thanks!

Just hooked up my new JH Bluetooth cable. Sounds pretty incredible connected to my iPhone 7 via AAC playing Tidal master tracks

Not surprisingly, it’s an incredible difference from the NUARL N6 Pro TWS earbuds I was just listening to. Especially in the bass side, even with the Lola’s set at 2:30

One interesting thing... it gets loud REALLY fast. Normal listening volume is like 2 or 3 clicks up from zero. Definitely not a bad thing right?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #384 of 739
Awesome thanks!

Just hooked up my new JH Bluetooth cable. Sounds pretty incredible connected to my iPhone 7 via AAC playing Tidal master tracks

Not surprisingly, it’s an incredible difference from the NUARL N6 Pro TWS earbuds I was just listening to. Especially in the bass side, even with the Lola’s set at 2:30

One interesting thing... it gets loud REALLY fast. Normal listening volume is like 2 or 3 clicks up from zero. Definitely not a bad thing right?

Is there a bass dial on the bluetooth cable?

Jan 29, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #386 of 739
Ya no bass dial... it kicks some serious bass though I can tell you that much.

I’m loving this cable. Makes the TWS earbuds look like a total joke by comparison. I probably won’t even use my ES100 anymore

had an old Bose case (flat disk about 8” diameter with a zipper) that the Lola’s and cable fit perfectly inside. There’s even a little pocket that keeps the buds from bouncing around

keeping the regular cable in the little leather JH case I bought. Kind of overpriced but cool looking :)

Feb 7, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #387 of 739
Update on the bluetooth cable... I love everything about it other than
1) no LDAC support (but I knew that)
and 2) There is an extremely annoying blinking blue light that flashes the whole time while you're listening. Really sucks if you're laying in bed listening to music

Feb 7, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #388 of 739
IMG_20200207_184711_087.jpg

Done my reshell from universals to customs.

Feb 10, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #390 of 739
Wow sweet... the dude I talked to from JH when I ordered mine said they don't do that. Did you get it done by JH? How do you like them compared to universal Lola's?
I did mine through Naga Audio. Yes, JH Audio do not do reshells.
The sound for the custom is 80% similar to the universal except that I do not experience as much sibilance (probably due to the eartips I used on the universals)
I also did not like the fit for the universal that much as they were sticking out too far and felt insecure.

These are my 3rd pair of customs and I have now gone all customs and will avoid purchasing in-ears that are only available in universal form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back