JH Audio Lola Impressions and Discussions
Jan 12, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #346 of 739
hi i received my lola, and what an impressive iem, my adoration to jhaudio is really high

so i have a question, i want to buy a 2.5 balanced cable for it, any company besides moon audio make cables for jhaudio iems

if only moon audio makes such cables which is better for lola the black dragon or silver dragon

Jan 12, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #347 of 739
hi i received my lola, and what an impressive iem, my adoration to jhaudio is really high

so i have a question, i want to buy a 2.5 balanced cable for it, any company besides moon audio make cables for jhaudio iems

if only moon audio makes such cables which is better for lola the black dragon or silver dragon
I have the Lola custom with Moon Audio pentagon black dragon cable. Not tried with the silver. I luv it!

Jan 14, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #348 of 739
I have the Lola custom with Moon Audio pentagon black dragon cable. Not tried with the silver. I luv it!
is the black dragon the same cable as the stock lola cable, isn;t moon audio making the stock cables for jhaudio

if the black dragon is not like the stock cable, what is the difference between both in sound

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #349 of 739
Ok no comment
need some advise as I am new to jhaudio iems

I think driving lola from my ibasso dx220 needs to add some more weight and warmth to lola, its highs are a bit also in need for a bit taming

I have a stock 2.5 mm cable, and I do not know if going for after market cables makes a difference

I have many 2 pin iem cables, what do you think bout those 2 pin to 4 pin adapter with bass boost

any advise on which cable might fit the bill that will not cost alot and also your thoughts of the adapter, and if the adapter is good can you tell me how I get one

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #350 of 739
Hey Now!

1) I don’t believe the stock cable from JH Audio is a premium cable from Moon Audio, although Moon made them for a bit. Not sure if they still do.

2) I would try the adapter route before upgrading the cable. Honestly, not sure if you’ll get what u want. The black dragon definitely changed the sound signature (in my opinion, don’t attack me :). The treble was definitely tamed, but expensive.

let us know what u do and how it works out.

Leo

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #351 of 739
need some advise as I am new to jhaudio iems

I think driving lola from my ibasso dx220 needs to add some more weight and warmth to lola, its highs are a bit also in need for a bit taming

I have a stock 2.5 mm cable, and I do not know if going for after market cables makes a difference

Aftermarket cables for speakers or headphones don't make an audible difference:
-In my opinion and subjective testing
-Proven a null test that objectively measures this
-According to blind subjective tests

Jan 15, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #352 of 739
Hey Now!

1) I don’t believe the stock cable from JH Audio is a premium cable from Moon Audio, although Moon made them for a bit. Not sure if they still do.

2) I would try the adapter route before upgrading the cable. Honestly, not sure if you’ll get what u want. The black dragon definitely changed the sound signature (in my opinion, don’t attack me :). The treble was definitely tamed, but expensive.

let us know what u do and how it works out.

Leo
I doesn't mean anything, but how can you know?

Jan 16, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #353 of 739
Aftermarket cables for speakers or headphones don't make an audible difference:
-In my opinion and subjective testing
-Proven a null test that objectively measures this
-According to blind subjective tests

After 10 years on head-fi and you still can't hear difference? This hobby is not for you (and your ears) man. I'm actually happy for and jealous of you that you don't have to spend money on cable.

Jan 16, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #354 of 739
today was my intention to identify which i will like more

lola or roxanne performance

could not come to a conclusion as both are amazing really tough to choose between both

now i wonder which after market cable to buy that can be great synergy for both

Jan 16, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #355 of 739
After 10 years on head-fi and you still can't hear difference? This hobby is not for you (and your ears) man. I'm actually happy for and jealous of you that you don't have to spend money on cable.

Guess not. Apparently my ears are so bad in speaker forums that I can hear hiss where others can't. I'm just happy you have an upgrade path for everything via upgrading the cables. Don't forget the internal cables and circuits too!

Jan 16, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #356 of 739
Guess not. Apparently my ears are so bad in speaker forums that I can hear hiss where others can't. I'm just happy you have an upgrade path for everything via upgrading the cables. Don't forget the internal cables and circuits too!

That's like saying you are good at basketball because you shoot pretty good free throws.

Yes, internal cables make difference too. Are you now trying to say all circuit design / source component sound the same??

Jan 16, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #357 of 739
For anyone curious: if you're spending money on a cable, there is a three band EQ module available to tune the treble and mids, as well as the bass. I had one made and it behaves as expected, though the cable was too "springy" and didn't stay looped over my ear.

Hopefully at some point JH Audio releases an amp with dsp correction that can eek the last little bit of performance out of the Lola that they could not do with passive components... Have a three band EQ app and wireless capabilities.

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #358 of 739
well the lola is really a nice iem, back to the cable question, are most of u using the stock cable? I see not many experimenting with other cables in this thread, so i assume most are using the stock cable.

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #359 of 739
For anyone curious: if you're spending money on a cable, there is a three band EQ module available to tune the treble and mids, as well as the bass. I had one made and it behaves as expected, though the cable was too "springy" and didn't stay looped over my ear.

Hopefully at some point JH Audio releases an amp with dsp correction that can eek the last little bit of performance out of the Lola that they could not do with passive components... Have a three band EQ app and wireless capabilities.
any specific reason u r selling ur lola? I like it compared to all iems its a worthy iem to keep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back