JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
Feb 23, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #1,456 of 2,420
How badly do yours slip at this time? I use my Laylas on my job where I have to move around a lot and I'm tired of them rotating backward and barely staying in my ears after extended use.

Fairly instantly, I think the camping force of my ears are pushing the shaft out. It only requires a small ammount if force pushing on the shell to regain the seal. I'm sure it can be sorted.

Feb 23, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #1,457 of 2,420
It does, but not for long on some peoples models. I'm actually working with them to resolve the issue (although I have Angie). They have the best sound by far, so will stick with it.

So Snugs still hasn't finalised the tips for the Layla Universal yet? I was planning on getting it to see if it would be better than my Spin Fit mediums but there's so little information on the site and I have read that they are still refining the product. 

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #1,458 of 2,420
So the left channel is cutting out (not entirely, just the trebble and maybe midrange, I'm not sure) and cracks have appeared on the plastic covering the place where the earhook goes into the Layla. (It's sort of twisted there for some reason). Major bummer. Have contacted webmaster@iriver like warranty said but no reply. What's next? I've never had to use a warranty before. Things have broken, but less expensive things...

Man high end head fi can be a nervewrecking game sometimes. Thinking of getting out.

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #1,459 of 2,420
So Snugs still hasn't finalised the tips for the Layla Universal yet? I was planning on getting it to see if it would be better than my Spin Fit mediums but there's so little information on the site and I have read that they are still refining the product. 

Don't think so, apparently some people's work but mine don't. I've tried all spinfits and snugs are infinitely better in all regards, when the seal is there. Hopefully it will be sorted soon because it's worth it.

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #1,460 of 2,420
Oh no....

ASTELL&KERN DOES NOT WARRANTY ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED THROUGH ONLINE AUCTIONS.

Oh no.... Just saw this on their site. I didn't know this. Am I just basically screwed now?

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #1,461 of 2,420
  Oh no....

Oh no.... Just saw this on their site. I didn't know this. Am I just basically screwed now?

I'd say that you're probably out of luck. That's the huge downside of not purchasing through an authorized dealer. How did they become cracked? Did you drop them or crush them by accident?

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #1,462 of 2,420
So the left channel is cutting out (not entirely, just the trebble and maybe midrange, I'm not sure) and cracks have appeared on the plastic covering the place where the earhook goes into the Layla. (It's sort of twisted there for some reason). Major bummer. Have contacted webmaster@iriver like warranty said but no reply. What's next? I've never had to use a warranty before. Things have broken, but less expensive things...

Man high end head fi can be a nervewrecking game sometimes. Thinking of getting out.

It's probably just the cable. Have you tried replacing it?

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #1,463 of 2,420
Oh no....

I have purchased my Layla online from Moon-Audio. And they replaced both ak240ss and Layla for me.

Feb 24, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #1,464 of 2,420
I received my custom Laylas yesterday evening and I am completely floored. They look perfect, the fit perfectly, and they are exactly what I needed sonically. Great job JH Audio! Pics and more thoughts coming after I finish my audio editing for the day. Back to work!

Feb 24, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #1,465 of 2,420
Excellent!  Did you notice any problems with the sound signature being too dark or muddy? I received my customs last week, but had to re-send due to some fit issues (sitting too deep in ear canals). Hopefully, it was a fit problem, but was curious if you (or anyone else in this thread) experienced this as well with their customs. 

Feb 24, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #1,466 of 2,420
  I received my custom Laylas yesterday evening and I am completely floored. They look perfect, the fit perfectly, and they are exactly what I needed sonically. Great job JH Audio! Pics and more thoughts coming after I finish my audio editing for the day. Back to work!

How long did the whole process take?

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #1,469 of 2,420

Same here, I will grab my layla ciem tmr,the processing time was quite fast, good job JH!

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #1,470 of 2,420
Really enjoying this thread…coming very happily from custom roxannes (and before that custom es5), im now looking for that next level upgrade. Layla has been on my radar and ive researched it everywhere I can. (will demo in Singapore hopefully next month when I visit).

Im looking for that beautiful soundstage, glorious bass (im a mid level basshead with roxanne on 2 oclock mostly), and general musicality for my main points of an upgrade. At this top tier level, discussions can become more animated or also praising.

So my latest question to put out there is how does the layla compare to A12, and UM Legacy? cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back