JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
Feb 4, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #1,396 of 2,420
I'll try to pick something from the musical geniuses Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift (DSD of course)

I'll let everyone know my very important choice soon so we can only discuss that one master song that will bring everyone together :veryevil:  

I was trying to help, you are trying to be funny.

I think I must say thanks..

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #1,398 of 2,420
I was trying to help, you are trying to be funny.

I think I must say thanks..

Haha sorry. This was very tongue-in-cheek. I wasn't meaning any disrepect to you.

But yeah that would be really funny if the Head-Fi.org offical test track became Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off"

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #1,399 of 2,420
Haha sorry. This was very tongue-in-cheek. I wasn't meaning any disrepect to you.

But yeah that would be really funny if the Head-Fi.org offical test track became Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off"

I doubt that there are users who consider any of Taylor Swift's songs a masterpiece, though :)

Feb 4, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #1,402 of 2,420

I think Hotel California in Hell Freezes Over qualifies. I also think talking about soundstage in any IEM is a joke.

I'm a little confused, or maybe I just didn't get the running joke, but by your own review at the beginning of this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/752454/jh-audio-layla-impressions-thread#post_11261170

You describe the soundstage of the Laylas very positively. Were you being sarcastic there or has your opinion changed?

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #1,403 of 2,420

I'm a little confused, or maybe I just didn't get the running joke, but by your own review at the beginning of this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/752454/jh-audio-layla-impressions-thread#post_11261170

You describe the soundstage of the Laylas very positively. Were you being sarcastic there or has your opinion changed?

Yes - but compared with the grand scheme of things, soundstage on IEMs is still a joke.

Feb 7, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #1,405 of 2,420
I doubt we will ever have any agreement on what recording qualifies as an audiophile standard. However, if the track and specifics are included (16/44.1 AIFF, 24/96 FLAC etc.) then at least everyone knows a bit more about the choice of listening material.

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #1,406 of 2,420
It's very hard especially for non-classical music in general, because every time they released or reissued a CD nowadays, it is mastered differently, and louder than the last. Probably would have to specify the year of release too.

I doubt we will ever have any agreement on what recording qualifies as an audiophile standard. However, if the track and specifics are included (16/44.1 AIFF, 24/96 FLAC etc.) then at least everyone knows a bit more about the choice of listening material.

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #1,407 of 2,420
It's very hard especially for non-classical music in general, because every time they released or reissued a CD nowadays, it is mastered differently, and louder than the last. Probably would have to specify the year of release too.

Good points.

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #1,408 of 2,420

Yes. We can precisely use the same recording to judge in a standard manners. In physics we have SI units. Not someone's unit. And the road goes on if we consider another serious field.

It just seems so wrong when someone try to discuss iem without a reference. And this is what I've noticed here so far. Only few that mentions their musics during their test.

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #1,409 of 2,420
In that case, someone would have to upload some high quality copyright free music files so everyone can use those as the reference tracks.

Yes. We can precisely use the same recording to judge in a standard manners. In physics we have SI units. Not someone's unit. And the road goes on if we consider another serious field.

It just seems so wrong when someone try to discuss iem without a reference. And this is what I've noticed here so far. Only few that mentions their musics during their test.

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #1,410 of 2,420
In that case, someone would have to upload some high quality copyright free music files so everyone can use those as the reference tracks.

http://www.2l.no/hires/

Numerous hi res and DSD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back