Jh Audio Jolene Impressions and Discussion
Jan 31, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #1,066 of 1,253
So guys, I had a very emotional moment with the Jolene last night, I had never heard this recording like this before... it sent shivers down my spine, it was that good!

Jolene is a special IEM indeed... Guitars were again so amazing... but the whole scene imaging was out of this world good (with that huge stage everything is so easy to place), I felt like being there really and Kurt's frayed voice was just as intense as I ever heard it. Vocals are special with Jolene... tessitura is realisitic and lifelike...

Beautiful... Anyone with Jolene I highly recommend it!

404B58F1-E13F-414E-ABFA-804ED8C82609.jpeg

On pairings... Jolene is much fuller with FiiO M17 over Shanling M9 so if Jolene is a bit on the thinner less organic side on mids for you, sources do make quite a difference!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #1,067 of 1,253
So guys, I had a very emotional moment with the Jolene last night, I had never heard this recording like this before... it sent shivers down my spine, it was that good!

Jolene is a special IEM indeed... Guitars were again so amazing... but the whole scene imaging was out of this world good (with that huge stage everything is so easy to place), I felt like being there really and Kurt's frayed voice was just as intense as I ever heard it. Vocals are special with Jolene... tessitura is realisitic and lifelike...

Beautiful... Anyone with Jolene I highly recommend it!

404B58F1-E13F-414E-ABFA-804ED8C82609.jpeg

On pairings... Jolene is much fuller with FiiO M17 over Shanling M9 so if Jolene is a bit on the thinner less organic side on mids for you, sources do make quite a difference!
The unplugged nirvana sounded glorious on the Jolenes. I'm driving them with a Hiby R6 2020 and I think my quest is done in the IEM world. the combination is perfect for my tastes.

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #1,068 of 1,253
DavidMolliere and GodEmperor

SO GLAD to see others enjoying the Jolene's!
For a while there thought it was just a very few of us, and only Deezel177 and Headfonics with reviews
Enjoying your comments and enthusiasm. For a while was starting to think "is it just me?"

I can never say end game in this hobby, but for now as far as IEM's go, not searching....

Jan 31, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #1,069 of 1,253
DavidMolliere and GodEmperor

SO GLAD to see others enjoying the Jolene's!
For a while there thought it was just a very few of us, and only Deezel177 and Headfonics with reviews
Enjoying your comments and enthusiasm. For a while was starting to think "is it just me?"

I can never say end game in this hobby, but for now as far as IEM's go, not searching....
I think I said before, I was waiting for the universal version since they announced it back last february i think (a whole year ago now). Many times I was tempted to go for the CIEM but glad I waited in the end. With the Layla's as my "other" IEMs I'm pretty happy with what I have now.

Jan 31, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #1,070 of 1,253
Honestly the black friday deal made me took the jump, bit crazy expense but well worth it!

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #1,072 of 1,253
Does anybody know if Moon Audio provides there Black Dragon or Silver Dragon Cable with the 7 Pin Connectors?

Feb 4, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #1,073 of 1,253
FedEx delivered the Jolene today after somehow stating I wasn't available for delivery yesterday (I'm currently working from home), but regardless I wouldn't have been able to really listen to them until today anyway. These were so worth the wait. For some reason I had assumed that the bass dials would by default be turned up to max so at first I was underwhelmed with the bass. After peeling off the sticker though it turned out it was only set to the 12 o'clock position. At 4 it was a little too much, but set at 2 is the sweet spot for me; authoritative enough where it isn't just all about the bass. I've only listened for a few minutes as I had a long day at work, but oh my gawd I'm loving the staging and sense of space on these. I had my DAP on random while I'm burning in another set of IEMs and the first track up was AWOLNATION - I Am.

emoji mindblown-tg-mindblown.gif

It's like I'm floating above the stage, or back at MSG watching them perform. Going to need some more time with them (darn it if I didn't have a family dinner tomorrow :sob::grin:). I will say they're the largest IEM/CIEMs in my collection, they stick out of my ears a good 1/4".

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #1,074 of 1,253
Don't mean to derail the thread, but i just wanted to find out if anyone has been having issues trying to get ahold of JH audio? I have an issue with a new IEM I purchased from a dealer at the end of December 2021. My dealer has sent multiple messages to JH Audio, and we haven't heard anything back.

Feb 5, 2022 at 12:43 AM Post #1,075 of 1,253
FedEx delivered the Jolene today after somehow stating I wasn't available for delivery yesterday (I'm currently working from home), but regardless I wouldn't have been able to really listen to them until today anyway. These were so worth the wait. For some reason I had assumed that the bass dials would by default be turned up to max so at first I was underwhelmed with the bass. After peeling off the sticker though it turned out it was only set to the 12 o'clock position. At 4 it was a little too much, but set at 2 is the sweet spot for me; authoritative enough where it isn't just all about the bass. I've only listened for a few minutes as I had a long day at work, but oh my gawd I'm loving the staging and sense of space on these. I had my DAP on random while I'm burning in another set of IEMs and the first track up was AWOLNATION - I Am.

emoji mindblown-tg-mindblown.gif

It's like I'm floating above the stage, or back at MSG watching them perform. Going to need some more time with them (darn it if I didn't have a family dinner tomorrow :sob::grin:). I will say they're the largest IEM/CIEMs in my collection, they stick out of my ears a good 1/4".
Mine came defaulted at 4. Good that you liked it.

Feb 5, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #1,076 of 1,253
Don't mean to derail the thread, but i just wanted to find out if anyone has been having issues trying to get ahold of JH audio? I have an issue with a new IEM I purchased from a dealer at the end of December 2021. My dealer has sent multiple messages to JH Audio, and we haven't heard anything back.
Have you tried @nedplimpton here? He is really helpful. Shoot him a PM with your story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back