Jh Audio Jolene Impressions and Discussion
Mar 13, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #181 of 1,253
The lack of (no-nonsense) cable rolling remains a hurdle for me, but we'll see. I wish JHA at least offered balanced (preferably 4.4mm) termination on their stock cable. I could then get a balanced-->3.5mm single-ended adapter if needed in some use cases; can't, obviously, go in the other direction, 3.5mm single-ended-->balanced with an adapter.

The Jolene universal still remains a contender for me to purchase soon'ish, regardless.

Mar 13, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #182 of 1,253
The lack of (no-nonsense) cable rolling remains a hurdle for me, but we'll see. I wish JHA at least offered balanced (preferably 4.4mm) termination on their stock cable. I could then get a balanced-->3.5mm single-ended adapter if needed in some use cases; can't, obviously, go in the other direction, 3.5mm single-ended-->balanced with an adapter.

The Jolene universal still remains a contender for me to purchase soon'ish, regardless.
You can get a 7-pin cable terminated in a 2.5mm balanced connection from their website: https://jhaudio.com/accessories/MAE-CBL-7PIN-Balanced-BK-48

I don't know if you can opt for it when you purchase the IEMs, but it's there if you wanna buy it separately.

Mar 13, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #183 of 1,253
I do not think there is a 3D tube chassis based on the video animations and videos of assembly in the introduction video.

I think for custom it has to be done with tubes due to different ear shapes. And is probably why the universal is released later cause they are working on the 3d printed universal sound path module...

This also might suggest that the universal might sound better

Mar 13, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #184 of 1,253
I think for custom it has to be done with tubes due to different ear shapes. And is probably why the universal is released later cause they are working on the 3d printed universal sound path module...

The Tiger pretty much answered it for me 😂

Looking forward to hearing these.

Another advantage to it is having the choice of using different eartips to “fine-tune” the sound.

Mar 13, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #185 of 1,253

JH Audio told me they could not do Lola in a universal 3D chassis, because of the size of the dynamic dome. Jolene has the same dynamic dome and an additional larger dynamic dome.

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #186 of 1,253
JH Audio told me they could not do Lola in a universal 3D chassis, because of the size of the dynamic dome. Jolene has the same dynamic dome and an additional larger dynamic dome.
I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

It’s still surprising how they managed to fit all those tubing for FreqPhase on the AION shell if it is without the 3D chassis. If that’s the case.

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #187 of 1,253

It’s still surprising how they managed to fit all those tubing for FreqPhase on the AION shell if it is without the 3D chassis. If that’s the case.

I was speculating a little, guess we need to wait and see 😎😁

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #188 of 1,253
Mar 14, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #189 of 1,253
Jolene and Contour XO... which to get?

Really hope a rep from JH can explain briefly the sound differences between the two, in terms of presentation, technicality, and "feel".

From the marketing - Jolene seems to have a highly natural sound, based on the 4DD implementation and probably a further progression of Lola. While Contour XO has the L-Acoustics pedigree for a line array-like speaker tuning with a "live" feel. A pal owns it and says it's the most dynamic IEM he's ever heard, and fires from all cylinders throughout the spectrum.

Previously owned the JH13v1 Freqphase. That was a brilliant IEM which knew how to ramp up excitement.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #190 of 1,253
Jolene and Contour XO... which to get?

Really hope a rep from JH can explain briefly the sound differences between the two, in terms of presentation, technicality, and "feel".
I am also looking for a nice comparison between the two, I'm still debating which to get, tho I'm leaning toward jolene

Mar 15, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #192 of 1,253
Mar 17, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #193 of 1,253

The Jolene universal does include a 3D printed chassis system, the most advanced of all of our models so far. I can share some renders if anyone's interested in taking a peek inside!

Mar 17, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #194 of 1,253
The Jolene universal does include a 3D printed chassis system, the most advanced of all of our models so far. I can share some renders if anyone's interested in taking a peek inside!
Hey Mate, that would be good. those kind of details are greatly appreciated around the forum.

Mar 17, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #195 of 1,253

That would be awesome to see. I assume the custom does not have a 3D printed chassis system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back