JH Audio JH5pro thread
Nov 29, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #617 of 1,217

Quote:
...or you both have equally bad taste in color :p

frown.gif
 well now that isn't very nice rawrster! What if I said that translucent blue and green were not especially nice looking colors? 
wink_face.gif
 really though your livewires do look pretty cool. 

Zac told me that the brown is very deep and almost black in color when I asked about a possible color change to black so I figure that the color disparity seen in the mock up won't be as big in reality. Also, a slight color disparity isn't going to mean a thing to me seeing as how that is the part that will be in my ear 
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #618 of 1,217
The reason I personally switched from translucent blue to clear is because clear looks sweet, and the only picture I had of the blue I like is not a picture of it in someones ear.... and I've seen tons of other blue pictures (out of ear vs in ear) and noticed that the color changes much when it's in someones ear so I figured "well... clear is clear... if i get this I'll know what to expect". I guess I'm just a party pooper and wasn't looking for a surprise!

Nov 29, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #620 of 1,217

Quote:
Quote:
...or you both have equally bad taste in color :p

frown.gif
 well now that isn't very nice rawrster! What if I said that translucent blue and green were not especially nice looking colors? 
wink_face.gif
 really though your livewires do look pretty cool.

heh :D I'd have to say that you would have to be blind in that case :wink: Although I'm thinking of different colors for my next set of customs or similar color but different shades. I'm in no rush to get them so it will take some time before I decide on color as well as what customs to get. It's down to JH5 and the triple driver by 1964 and I'm leaning towards the latter. I don't see the point of artwork really so I'll stick with just various different translucent colors.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #621 of 1,217
swilly, mine were delivered to JH on wednesday, but I got my email yesterday as well because of thanksgiving. I am hoping they turn around pretty quick provided there is no screw up on my dang impressions. I didn't get custom artwork either, and if SolidSnake's turned around in 4-5 business days with thanksgiving in the middle, I think we are in good shape.

Regarding color, I shied away from clear for the very concern raised by anaxilus. I have seen customs that, after a year or so of use, appear discolored by ear wax. It is not extreme, and I am a coward about things that "could go wrong," but the images shared by justyourboy look awesome (the flying girl really shines against the clear mold).

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #622 of 1,217
*Another update* 

Looks like my JH5's are well on their way to me and should be arriving on Thursday the 2nd. It would be absolutely amazing if they arrived that day seeing as how I have an enormous lab report for microbiology due that day along with a physics exam that evening. I would be thrilled if they arrived then so that later that night after all that school work I could relax and try them out 
biggrin.gif

I can't wait until they arrive, the anticipation is starting to reach it's apex....

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #623 of 1,217
Sounds exciting. I think I'll make a decision soon which custom I'll get and make a payment around the new year. I'm almost done saving up as well although if I sell my HJE900 I'll be there but no rush. I look forward to your impressions and it should be worth the wait.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #625 of 1,217
Add me to the list of people saving up...just sold my E3c's to kickstart the fund.  I'm looking forward to everyone's impressions!  (Their opinions, not their ear shape)

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #627 of 1,217
Dec 1, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #628 of 1,217
...but my impressions are all curvy and lusciously molded out of pink goo stuff. Plus, they have a little tuft of cotton hair sticking out of each one 
biggrin.gif

Ok so maybe that was just a wee bit creepy, can't help it, audiophiles are weirdo's 
wink_face.gif

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #629 of 1,217
I just found out my RUSH (the band... Ged, Neil, Alex... anyone?) tickets are Section A row 1 seats 1-4 (my friends dad got to pre order because he's in the fan club) so we've got the first tickets available and I'm gonna bring my IEM's to the show, hand them to Rush's Pyro tech/photographer and get him to get them signed then send them back to JH audio so they can put another coat of clear on top of the signatures :D

I was also thinking if anyone cares... I know which wireless units Rush uses for IEM's (Sennheiser body packs and receivers) which is what my church also uses... I'm gonna try and bring a transmitter from my church as well as my new JH 5's to the concert and once they start playing just sweep through all the frequencies until I find the various monitor mixes (Ged, Alex, Neil) ahaha I think I'd get stopped at the door for the transmitter tho :frowning2:

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #630 of 1,217

Quote:
I just found out my RUSH (the band... Ged, Neil, Alex... anyone?) tickets are Section A row 1 seats 1-4 (my friends dad got to pre order because he's in the fan club) so we've got the first tickets available and I'm gonna bring my IEM's to the show, hand them to Rush's Pyro tech/photographer and get him to get them signed then send them back to JH audio so they can put another coat of clear on top of the signatures :D

I was also thinking if anyone cares... I know which wireless units Rush uses for IEM's (Sennheiser body packs and receivers) which is what my church also uses... I'm gonna try and bring a transmitter from my church as well as my new JH 5's to the concert and once they start playing just sweep through all the frequencies until I find the various monitor mixes (Ged, Alex, Neil) ahaha I think I'd get stopped at the door for the transmitter tho :frowning2:

WOW  that would be AWESOME

Users who are viewing this thread

Back