JH Audio JH5pro thread
Nov 19, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #541 of 1,217
OKOK, I will stop, but I just have to say how impressed I am with their attention to both detail, and slightly neurotic customers (me). I sent my email, I posted that I sent my email, and when I looked back up, I already had a response from Jaime saying that they do always check to make sure the impressions are adequate before proceeding to make the pieces, will let me (or anyone) know if they are too short, but "thanks for the heads up." Class act.

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #542 of 1,217

Quote:
OKOK, I will stop, but I just have to say how impressed I am with their attention to both detail, and slightly neurotic customers (me). I sent my email, I posted that I sent my email, and when I looked back up, I already had a response from Jaime saying that they do always check to make sure the impressions are adequate before proceeding to make the pieces, will let me (or anyone) know if they are too short, but "thanks for the heads up." Class act.

It must be something about Madison folk because I'm the same way, slightly neurotic and most be annoying as hell for any company to deal with. I'm the annoying little guy "buzzing" around all the time and sending emails and calling and all that stuff 
biggrin.gif
 It's even worse with cycling stuff, my main bike shop knows me by name and all the other shops in a 10mile radius have seen me stop in with questions at least a few times as well.

Anyhow, JH has been amazing with me as well, detailed and fast as I have ever experienced. 

The impressions I think will go ok for you as well, least I hope they do. Worst case you need another set made and the audiologist at Newport offered to make another set for free for me if anything was wrong with them. I can't imagine her not doing the same for you if anything is up with them.

Oh and as for the 7th gen, glad you hear you ordered one! Honestly I think it was a good move and you will enjoy it. It's so nice to have my whole music collection right there and not have to fire up my laptop just to hear some music. I keep my ipod with my amp at home and it's just great to be able to listen to anything I want at my desk and have my laptop packed up so I have more desk space to work. 

Also, good to know you like the Clip+, I am for sure going to order one. The more I look into it the better it seems to be as an everyday/gym portable. Really looks to be a great little piece of gear.

Ok one LAST THING I PROMISE!...for this post at least 
ph34r.gif
 Guess who got his art mock up of #3 with the color spectrum? This guy *thumbs up*, take a look guys, I think it turned out pretty sweet, really think I might switch to this artwork. What do you guys think?

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #543 of 1,217
I think those look pretty sweet man. Though, a nitpicky thing, what would be even better if the two tones of the black were matched. Like, if they made the silicon material or whatever it is darker, or made the black background of your artwork lighter. Maybe it's not possible, but that's my thought

-Swilly

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #544 of 1,217
If they turn out like that, they will look fantastic!  I would not lighten up the black background, that would smear the image.

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #545 of 1,217
I think that looks pretty sweet. I probably would have reversed the colors on one side but that's just me.

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #546 of 1,217
Woohoo, made an appointment to see an audiologist this coming Monday. Originally, if I wanted to stay near college, I'd have to wait until mid december.... YUCK. Luckily a friend's letting me borrow his car so I can go to the bigger city to get them done, where their chance of having more experience with this kind of stuff might be better.

Normally I'm excited for the weekend, but now I want it to pass so I can go get them done... lol

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #547 of 1,217
Thanks for the feedback so far guys, I would ideally like the black tones to match. Also, I will see about reversing the image on one of the ears as I think that would look better as well. 

Awesome to hear about getting those impressions done sooner, I'm sure you can't wait to get the ball really rolling on this whole thing 
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #549 of 1,217
Well, did you ask for deadwood? The shade of the earpieces seem to have a very rich dark brown color to it. Maybe actual black will match/match closer.

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #550 of 1,217

Quote:
Well, did you ask for deadwood? The shade of the earpieces seem to have a very rich dark brown color to it. Maybe actual black will match/match closer.

confused_face(1).gif
 Actually yes for some reason the deadwood color looked really black to me on their website. I emailed Zac in the art department about matching the black from the image with that of the custom's so I think he might suggest changing the color to solid black instead of solid deadwood. I think actual black would be a better match overall so ill see what Zac says about that, I think I'm still able to change my color without a fee....

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #551 of 1,217
I really want to select custom artwork for my jh5's and upload a Jpeg of the UE logo and see what they say back to me ahahah

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #553 of 1,217
Someone with balls should do it.
JH would probably walk up to all employees "this is a special order. Noy make it fit bad. you make it wired like crap. and you spit in the package and ship it without the case in an envelope." ahaha

Nov 20, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #554 of 1,217

Quote:
Someone with balls should do it.
JH would probably walk up to all employees "this is a special order. Noy make it fit bad. you make it wired like crap. and you spit in the package and ship it without the case in an envelope." ahaha

I'm not so sure about that..From what I hear, Jerry is a stand up guy and handles things very professionally. Btw if you did not know already, Jerry was the founder of ultimate ears

Nov 20, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #555 of 1,217
hahah I was kidding but I really would love to see the face on the employee who views the artwork jpeg :p and ya I know all about the JH/UE story! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back