JH Audio JH5pro thread
Nov 20, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #558 of 1,217

Quote:
@solidsnake, I agree with others about the color difference, I would suggest trans black for the earpiece color. It looks sharp, and would work with the faceplate/logo design.

I sent zac an email yesterday night about switching the ear piece color to match the artwork. I figure I'll wait until I get something back from him before sending him another email. I will tell him either trans black or just straight black for the ear pieces instead of deadwood. I guess I didn't notice the real color of deadwood until it was compared against something that was a real solid black. 

Nov 21, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #559 of 1,217
Haha, glad I could help. I don't actually have enough experience with a lot of audio equipment (No meet-ups and such, nor do I have a deep enough pocket to experience with a bunch of stuff -- this happened with yo-yos too...), so my form of help comes in other ways.. haha

So, I managed to make an appointment to get my impressions done tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that the person that's doing it hasn't done it before.... but oh well, they have to start somewhere right? I sent the tipsheet to her already, and she was pretty happy and thankful that I sent it to her so she has a heads up( I mean, hey, if I didn't I'd probably end up wasting 2 hours on the road right? I WANT her to know what to do for the impression). Anyways, I'll take a photo of the impressions when I get them, and let me know if they look remotely right!

-Swilly

Nov 21, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #560 of 1,217

Quote:
Haha, glad I could help. I don't actually have enough experience with a lot of audio equipment (No meet-ups and such, nor do I have a deep enough pocket to experience with a bunch of stuff -- this happened with yo-yos too...), so my form of help comes in other ways.. haha

So, I managed to make an appointment to get my impressions done tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that the person that's doing it hasn't done it before.... but oh well, they have to start somewhere right? I sent the tipsheet to her already, and she was pretty happy and thankful that I sent it to her so she has a heads up( I mean, hey, if I didn't I'd probably end up wasting 2 hours on the road right? I WANT her to know what to do for the impression). Anyways, I'll take a photo of the impressions when I get them, and let me know if they look remotely right!

-Swilly

GL hope they turn out right!

Nov 21, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #561 of 1,217

Quote:

-Swilly

Yeh thanks for pointing out the color thing, I'm pretty sure I caught it in time, as in they haven't made the shells yet so changing the color at this point shouldn't be an issue. If not it will still turn out pretty awesome I believe. 

Hope the impressions go well, was an interesting experience to say the least, kinda funny feeling with the goo stuff in your ears as it starts to set

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #562 of 1,217
So I went in and got them done today. The person who did it was telling me about how the tipsheet had several things that weren't all THAT important, like having a foam dam would be fine (instead of a cotton dam). Or that I didn't actually need a dental dam, and all I needed to do after it was injected was to smile and open my mouth wide open (and then be able to close my mouth). I did all that, but then put two of my fingers together and bit on them. That was for my right ear. During my left ear, I don't know why, I just bit down on one finger, so my mouth wasn't as wide open...

Anyway, I don't know how wide a bite lock is supposed to keep my mouth open, but I really hope that fitting issues aren't a problem... I had to drive 1 hr to get to the place, so while the impressions cost $30, gas cost about $20, and I don't want to have to drive all the way there again. Though, the lady who helped me with this said that if I had any issues with fitting, I could have it done again free of charge (of course, not counting the gas I'll be spending on the road...) Here are some photos of them, I hope it worked out right. Because I did open my mouth up more for my right ear, the goo seems to have gotten further, but does that actually matter? It says that JHAudio only needs it up to the second bend, at it does seem that the left piece reaches that point. Do they chop off the extra stuff after the bend?

Anyway, hope it is right, I'll be putting them in a box to send off to JHAudio in a couple minutes.

Thanks!

(seems like photobucket isn't working, so please see http://www.flickr.com/photos/swilly for the molds)

-Swilly

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #564 of 1,217
sorry, they just got uploaded to flickr. They should be up now. I actually just put the left one in my ear again, and it's pretty comfy...haha. Hopefully that means it's right...

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #565 of 1,217
$50 isn't that bad really as total cost. Impressions cost me $50 alone. As far as how wide your mouth is supposed to be I had a 1 inch block or so to bite on while they were being made. If there was no bite block I probably would just press my thumb and index finger together and bite on my nails. As far as if they cut off the end of the impressions or not I think they do. The impressions I took went deeper than my customs do at least from feel.

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #566 of 1,217
Isn't a dental dam what you use when you go down on a chick to not get an STD?

Nov 22, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #567 of 1,217
oh crud, you're right.........

Hey, okay, I didn't get any sleep last night alright? LOL. Definitely going to change that...

-Swilly

Nov 23, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #568 of 1,217
please leave it. It's the best post I've ever seen on here! reminds me of that one movie where the guy goes "no it's alright [insert female name], I've got a dental dam in my truck!"

Nov 23, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #569 of 1,217
Has anyone here heard both the JH5s and the 13s? I listened to the 13s at the NY meet and would love to get customs, but I need to sell my HF2s to get 13s, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back