JH Audio JH5pro thread
Feb 21, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #391 of 1,217
hi bros, I have read through these 26 pages(finally...huh) and I am still a little bit confused on what the 5pro can give. I am using Audio Technica CK-100 now, I found that the sound of these pair is getting boring and I am seeking for an upgrade. I am using D2 with FLAC and listen to female vocal(jazz,bossanova,pop), acoustics and sometime male vocal and bandsounds. So, I am finding an all-around iem/custom made earphones......I would also like to know if it is worth to pay more than$250 of my ck100 to get 5pro

What is the sound signature of 5pro, is it lively enough? I don't wanna get bored so soon with a custom...thanks dudes

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #392 of 1,217
hi bros, I have read through these 26 pages(finally...huh) and I am still a little bit confused on what the 5pro can give. I am using Audio Technica CK-100 now, I found that the sound of these pair is getting boring and I am seeking for an upgrade. I am using D2 with FLAC and listen to female vocal(jazz,bossanova,pop), acoustics and sometime male vocal and bandsounds. So, I am finding an all-around iem/custom made earphones......I would also like to know if it is worth to pay more than$250 of my ck100 to get 5pro

What is the sound signature of 5pro, is it lively enough? I don't wanna get bored so soon with a custom...thanks dudes

Feb 21, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #393 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went plain jane on this one. Clear with 48" black cable.

I am actually surprised how much (un)intentional bashing the JH5's are getting. So far just about everyone who get's them, loves em, or could be just owners pride? It seems like a lot of people are also basing them off of some universal version that JH had, and others are echoing that impression

Or that the JH13 and 16's are getting praised so much that not even the 10x3's are getting any attention and the 5's are getting pooped on because so many think that they are "low end" and $100-200 universals are better deals. Even though it'll cost about $50 for impressions and $80 to get them reshelled, that not including shipping costs all without warranty.

Is it because there isn't a real in depth review or what?

Yeah i think it is lack of reviews and all. the 13s are getting the most praise of course, but we shall not be forgotten. The 5's provide amazing sound quality for the price. seriously,, I think I had to have mine burn in for a bit, they are opening up... maybe I'm crazy but still.. they sound better the more i listen. also .flac sounds so much better than crappy mp3's... ha

plain jane is the way to go
smily_headphones1.gif

i'm looking into aftermarket cables... hmmmm

Feb 21, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #394 of 1,217
I think one of the most amazing things about this earphone is that it doesn't have a mid-range driver, yet the mid-range sounds amazing
smily_headphones1.gif
haha. awesome

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #395 of 1,217
Mids are the most important, but also the easiest to reproduce with a BA driver. Never said it's easy, but easier compared to highs and lows.

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #396 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am actually surprised how much (un)intentional bashing the JH5's are getting. So far just about everyone who get's them, loves em, or could be just owners pride? It seems like a lot of people are also basing them off of some universal version that JH had, and others are echoing that impression

I say 95% of the bashing are people who have never seen the JH-5. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. I LOVE my JH-5 + $700 in my pocket VS JH-13 + $0 in my pocket! I really don't care to hear what the 13 or 16 have to offer. These sound good enough for me and I am very happy. I listen to them for 2-3 hours per night.

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #398 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad there aren't any demo units for JH5 at the local shop, i'm curious how they fare vs the top universals. Might be a very good choice for starters, then later JH13 after a few years.

JH13 after a few years? i think the JH13 would be an super old model by then...

Feb 22, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #400 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea you're right. Maybe JHXX then.

or maybe the JHXXX (censored edition)

for that deep aural pleasure.. right? lloll
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #401 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah i think it is lack of reviews and all. the 13s are getting the most praise of course, but we shall not be forgotten. The 5's provide amazing sound quality for the price. seriously,, I think I had to have mine burn in for a bit, they are opening up... maybe I'm crazy but still.. they sound better the more i listen. also .flac sounds so much better than crappy mp3's... ha

plain jane is the way to go
smily_headphones1.gif

i'm looking into aftermarket cables... hmmmm

Hey I am curious on how long have you had to burn them in for?

Mar 28, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #403 of 1,217
Hi Brown274. And all JH|5!

I am very interested in your impressions (detailed) about the JH|5 compared to the ER6i and K701. Emphasising on the ER6i since they are IEM too, open headphones are a different matter, but still.
What amplifiers and sources have you used?
What I love about the ER6i is the intimacy and beautiful highs they convey, and all while casting a relaxing and overwhelming atmosphere around voices and instruments, without any external interruption or variations (they need a good amp and source to produce this).
I wonder if the JH|5 could over excel the ER6i on this aspects.

Mar 29, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #404 of 1,217
Well, I have not used my 701's in about 9-10 months. I like some bass and they have 0. I have let a friend of mine borrow them.

I had my er.6i for about 2 years and loved the highs but hated the lows. I went custom because my left earlobe is so small and I could only wear the er's for 20 minutes then my ear would ache. I decided on the 5 because of the price. I will not spend over $500 for earphones that only I can use. For the first few weeks I really missed the highs when my 5's were in my ears. But now after a few months, the er's seem way way way to bright and I am really digging the balance the 5's have. I listen to some rap and the 5's freakin thump. I am listening to E-40 right now and it amazes me that there is only 1 low in these.

I had a headsix and for the iem's but it really did nothing but made them louder and added a hiss that I could not stand. I just use them straight from the ipod now.

If you like the er.6i and find them comfy, then I would keep using them. I would of not went customs if I could of worn them for hours at a time. The JH5 is so much better in the mids and lows, but I would probably go 13pro if you want your jaw to drop. I will only spend that kind of money on home and car audio!

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #405 of 1,217
Thanks for your fast response. I think I am going to take the plunge in a month or two, got to save some money first. The ER6i are very comfortable though, and are my alternative when my other headphones get overbearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back