JH Audio JH5pro thread
Oct 18, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #136 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by geestring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats the shipping for Canada.

UPS is horrible for international shipments. Is there a united states parcel option. It's only $5 for brokerage tops.

So i got my impressions last year, but was unable to buy any customs because of lack of money. Question, I have small ears which the audiologist commented on; can custom iems be made for very small ears?

Next, how quickly can they get the customs made? Is ultimate ears faster?

Are you planning on having your impressions re-done?
And, i'm sure they'd be able to make IEMs for your small ears.

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #137 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by geestring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats the shipping for Canada.

UPS is horrible for international shipments. Is there a united states parcel option. It's only $5 for brokerage tops.

So i got my impressions last year, but was unable to buy any customs because of lack of money. Question, I have small ears which the audiologist commented on; can custom iems be made for very small ears?

Next, how quickly can they get the customs made? Is ultimate ears faster?

UPS is terrible for shipping to Canada, UPS charges basically what the package is marked at as brokerage fee. I always refused to use UPS, even when receiving packages. I just plainly hate them. However, JH audio only uses UPS.

Also, your impressions are useless. You can throw them in the garbage. For one thing, your ears have probably changed a bit by now, not alot but they have. Just to keep things recent. Secondly, impressions shrink after 3-4 weeks and fail to reach the 3-4 if it's humid, so they're long gone.

If you have very small ears, you might be limited to some models. For myself, i have rather small ears but can manage a Quad driver like the UE11 and Mage. So i have about room for 3 CI22955's, and another decenly szed driver. However, any small, my ears would probably be limited to a triple driver model. Not sure how small you ears are though.

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #138 of 1,217
Hi guys
There's quite a buzz going on concerning JH audio. I've been thinking about getting a new iem, and the JH5 Pro is within my price range, but the Westone 3 universal looks mighty tempting too.
What do you guys think? Should I get a top of the line universal or an entry level custom? For what I've read the sq of both of them are outstanding.

Oct 19, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #139 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by migsev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't even know where to go for impressions.
redface.gif
Don't think they're within my reach this year. Maybe in 2010...

Btw, what color did you pick for yours? Thats a nice shade of red.

I requested for dark red.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/j...ml#post6020735

Elluzion asked for the same color earlier but he said his turned out to be pinkish.
Mine just turned out okay for me... couldn't be darker, but this is not any worse than what I wanted. I suppose JH managed to get it darker.

I suggest to use maroon or dark maroon, if you wanted it darker, since I think JH got the dark red correct. If it's any darker, it should be called maroon. Or you can ask for blood red??

Oct 19, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #140 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by salient2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Elluzion asked for the same color earlier but he said his turned out to be pinkish.
Mine just turned out okay for me... couldn't be darker, but this is not any worse than what I wanted. I suppose JH managed to get it darker.

I suggest to use maroon or dark maroon, if you wanted it darker, since I think JH got the dark red correct. If it's any darker, it should be called maroon. Or you can ask for blood red??

Quite like the shade of red you got yourself. Too many reds on their color chart that seem pretty close to each other to pick properly though.

Available colors

Oct 19, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #141 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutarotation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys
There's quite a buzz going on concerning JH audio. I've been thinking about getting a new iem, and the JH5 Pro is within my price range, but the Westone 3 universal looks mighty tempting too.
What do you guys think? Should I get a top of the line universal or an entry level custom? For what I've read the sq of both of them are outstanding.

I think you will get better performance from an entry level custom as one of the pros. Even with my W3 the best sound is with the optional custom fitted universal UM56 tips, and a custom tip's pros are better comfort for long listening sessions.

The negatives are the lack of re-sale if you don't like the customs and the inability to share with your family members. You also lose the ability to tune the sound with different tips to match your source and amp sound signature.

The W3 sound good enough to me that they could be my only IEM if I had to - so you have to decide if you want 80-90% of a custom's sound in a W3 that is still 10-20% better than most other universals (UM3X on a similar or slightly higher level, but more forward and neutral sounding which some don't like). The UM56 tips balance out the W3 sound to be very very good.

Oct 20, 2009 at 11:03 AM Post #142 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you will get better performance from an entry level custom as one of the pros. Even with my W3 the best sound is with the optional custom fitted universal UM56 tips, and a custom tip's pros are better comfort for long listening sessions.

The negatives are the lack of re-sale if you don't like the customs and the inability to share with your family members. You also lose the ability to tune the sound with different tips to match your source and amp sound signature.

The W3 sound good enough to me that they could be my only IEM if I had to - so you have to decide if you want 80-90% of a custom's sound in a W3 that is still 10-20% better than most other universals (UM3X on a similar or slightly higher level, but more forward and neutral sounding which some don't like). The UM56 tips balance out the W3 sound to be very very good.

Thanks for the reply HeadphoneAddict
I've been thinking a lot about the points you've brought up, and I think I'm leaning towards getting the W3. The ability to mix and match the tips is nice to have, and you could lend them to a friend and see if you could turn them to the "dark side"
tongue.gif

But who knows, after a little time with the westones I might suddenly feel the need to get a pair of customs after all. Head-fi is most certainly a cursed place for your wallet!

Oct 20, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #143 of 1,217
Quote:

Quite like the shade of red you got yourself. Too many reds on their color chart that seem pretty close to each other to pick properly though.

Available colors

I didn't know they have color charts.

Just to confuse you, have you calibrated your monitor? That contributes to the slight change in color too...
icon10.gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #144 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by salient2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I asked for dark red and it came out pinkish, so that didn't work ha. But that was the color of dark red I was looking for. Well as I said, i gave up on dark red and am trying purple now

Oct 20, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #145 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I asked for dark red and it came out pinkish, so that didn't work ha. But that was the color of dark red I was looking for. Well as I said, i gave up on dark red and am trying purple now :p

You should check out this link that migsev provided.

Available colors

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #146 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutarotation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the reply HeadphoneAddict
I've been thinking a lot about the points you've brought up, and I think I'm leaning towards getting the W3. The ability to mix and match the tips is nice to have, and you could lend them to a friend and see if you could turn them to the "dark side"
tongue.gif

But who knows, after a little time with the westones I might suddenly feel the need to get a pair of customs after all. Head-fi is most certainly a cursed place for your wallet!

Yeah, I suspect if you are like the rest of us though, you will end up with both (or all of them).
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #147 of 1,217
Ok so here is an update with what is going to happen.

I sent my new impressions in, and request a new color for the remold. This is my last chance to get these right. I have no more refits after this so I am really hoping that this works out. JH audio has been working with me very closely and it has been a special case. I have really enjoyed the customer service and flexibility of JH audio.

I'll let you guys know what happens!

Oct 21, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #148 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok so here is an update with what is going to happen.

I sent my new impressions in, and request a new color for the remold. This is my last chance to get these right. I have no more refits after this so I am really hoping that this works out. JH audio has been working with me very closely and it has been a special case. I have really enjoyed the customer service and flexibility of JH audio.

I'll let you guys know what happens!

Nice to know you're being treated with care, even if you're getting "only" a JH5.

This is an evil forum. The more I hang around here, the more I want a pair for myself!
frown.gif
Hopefully in 2010...

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #149 of 1,217
Quote:

Nice to know you're being treated with care, even if you're getting "only" a JH5.

This is an evil forum. The more I hang around here, the more I want a pair for myself!
frown.gif
Hopefully in 2010...

Yeah. I can tell that they really want things to work out and that is why they have put up with so much. Yeah i know, it can get pretty bad :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back