JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Aug 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #3,091 of 3,787
Good suggestion, I'll do the same.... I'll leave it playing for a couple of days. And recheck.

I have gotten to the point where I really I'll not make any judgements until after 200+ hours on anything. Prior to that I will simply enjoy playing with each new toy.:D

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #3,093 of 3,787
I was curious what firmware & hardware version you have... I have the following
Firmware ver: 1.1.1
Hardware ver: 1.1.2

Where did you find the version numbers?

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #3,095 of 3,787
I'll hook it up and see what I get. Right now I am using an iPod classic 7G filled with lossless AIFF files connected to the HP-P1. I am loving it. As is generally the case with better gear you need better quality sound files to get the most out of them. I am seriously considering the JH16's for a reference item. At the moment I have my Etymotic hf3's with the ACS custom inserts and my Sennheiser HD25-1 ii's. Gotta say the bottom end is really solid and I am really happy with the HP-P1 right out of the box. I am interested to see what some burn in time will do....:D

Aug 12, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #3,096 of 3,787
Quote:
In IPhone Settings -> General -> About -> HP-P1

Also, my Serial number begins with "Beta".

Note:  To check the above settings, you need to have your IPhone connected to HP-P1 and HP-P1 needs to be on.

I also have Beta starting my serial #.
Firmware Rev.  1.1.1
Hardware Rev. 1.1.2

Neat how you access it....

Aug 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #3,097 of 3,787
My continued favorite is still the CLAS with the Alo Rx3. For use with the JH16 I would order it with the low gain set lower so that you get some increased volume range. But the sense of space, dynamics and texture is still amazing me over three months later. I have almost stopped usi g my home rig.

Aug 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #3,098 of 3,787
Quote:
My continued favorite is still the CLAS with the Alo Rx3. For use with the JH16 I would order it with the low gain set lower so that you get some increased volume range. But the sense of space, dynamics and texture is still amazing me over three months later. I have almost stopped usi g my home rig.

I looked long and hard at that combo....We'll see how the HP-P1 works out, I can always shift later...(Bloody hobby...
evil_smiley.gif
)

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #3,099 of 3,787
Quote:
I also have Beta starting my serial #.
Firmware Rev.  1.1.1
Hardware Rev. 1.1.2

Neat how you access it....

I did check with the company because it was strange that a serial number would start with "Beta"... After checking with them... It's suppose to start with "Beta".

Also the Firmware & Hardware are the latest version.

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #3,100 of 3,787
Quote:
I did check with the company because it was strange that a serial number would start with "Beta"... After checking with them... It's suppose to start with "Beta".

Also the Firmware & Hardware are the latest version.

Good to know. I am certainly enjoying the HP-P1. How long a wait did you have for your JH16's after they received the impressions?

Aug 14, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #3,101 of 3,787
Quote:
Good to know. I am certainly enjoying the HP-P1. How long a wait did you have for your JH16's after they received the impressions?

I paid an extra $100 to get them within 2 weeks.... but I believe it normally takes 1 month.

I think there's a fit issue with my right side...  Going back to audiologist... most likely to have it re-fit.

Aug 14, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #3,102 of 3,787
I paid an extra $100 to get them within 2 weeks.... but I believe it normally takes 1 month.

I think there's a fit issue with my right side...  Going back to audiologist... most likely to have it re-fit.

I am glad I had a good impression with my ACS customs for the hf3's. Strange experience with the goo in my ear..:D

Aug 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #3,103 of 3,787
Quote:
I am glad I had a good impression with my ACS customs for the hf3's. Strange experience with the goo in my ear..
biggrin.gif

These are my first custom IEM's and still getting used to the feel of them.  But after receiving JH16, Audiologist went on vac for a week...   So I wasn't able to go back for him to check...  First couple of days... had trouble getting my right side to go in... without hurting...  Now... it just slips right it.  Don't know if ear adjusts...   I'm still going to him because after some time... it feels a bit uncomfortable...

I'm glad I went to a audiologist that is a dealer... instead of me trying to describe my issue over the phone with JH Audio... I'll be going back to audiologist and have him check fit.  

Aug 14, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #3,105 of 3,787
My JH16 fits but after about a week of continuous usage, the left side does not fit as well and the entire sound skews towards the right. I have to stop using them for about 3-4 days and then start using them again for the problem to subside. This is after about 6 refits and absolutely unacceptable for an IEM that costs $1,100+.

I am tired of the JH16 having fit problems and might consider selling it and getting a custom IEM that just fits and is comfortable. I am seriously disappointed as the sound is spectacular, but JH cannot deliver on fit (and my audiologist is an authorized JH Audiologist on the site).

I might end up getting the Westone ES5. What are the best fitting custom IEMs that have had very little complaints on fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back