JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Nov 11, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #2,596 of 3,787
Out of curiosity, when you send your phones back to JH for a refit, do they completely destroy the offending ear piece(s) and create a new acrylic shell, or do they soften (partially melt) and modify the existing shell?

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #2,597 of 3,787
Depends on what your requirement is. Usually for the refit without sending another ear impressions, they do stuff on your existing shell.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, when you send your phones back to JH for a refit, do they completely destroy the offending ear piece(s) and create a new acrylic shell, or do they soften (partially melt) and modify the existing shell?

Nov 15, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #2,598 of 3,787
I got an email this morning saying that my JH16's would ship today. So I should get them tomorrow ( paid for over night shipping ). So it looks like the turn around was 9 days from when they received my impressions. Thats not bad considering the extra art work. I sure hope they fit right and I don't have to send them back in or get impressions made again. The waiting is killing me and it has only been two weeks, lol.

Quote:
Bummer, I was hoping to have my JH16's in some time soon as it has been 7 days since my impressions were received by JH Audio. When I ordered them the web site claimed 5-7 days turnaround from when they received the impressions.

They must be busy however because the site now says 11-14 business days. At first I thought I had misread it but this google snapshot does show the initial turnaround of 5-7 days has been changed recently..

http://flic.kr/p/aDwwLF

Nov 16, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #2,600 of 3,787
Well the phones came in this morning. First thing I noticed was that the color was way off from what I wanted. They were supposed to look like the bright green phones below but instead they look more like the dark green ones. This completely messes up the look of the art work that I paid another $100 for as it needed a lite background.

Quite frankly this really pisses me off. I hope they will do something about it. I know their website says they will not guarantee colors but I still expect them to be close to what I designed, otherwise what is the point of the designer?

Other than the color which I hope they will resolve, here are my other thoughts. First I have a good seal but it seems like the tube that goes in my ear (i am going to call it an ear tube, lol) is too long. It feels like it is touching my inner ear in a slightly uncomfortable way. They feel OK while in my ears. They still feel a bit too deep but they don't hurt. When putting them in however they sometimes hurt like if I am pushing something too far into my ear. I think this may be because the end of the tube where the three holes are drilled seem to be a touch sharp or jagged and after all I am moving it around. I am going to try and wear them quite a bit for the next few days as I really don't want to send them back and have to wait again. I really need the to fit good though or whats the point.

What do you guys think? Should they feel this way?

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #2,602 of 3,787

Quote:
Other than the color which I hope they will resolve, here are my other thoughts. First I have a good seal but it seems like the tube that goes in my ear (i am going to call it an ear tube, lol) is too long. It feels like it is touching my inner ear in a slightly uncomfortable way. They feel OK while in my ears. They still feel a bit too deep but they don't hurt. When putting them in however they sometimes hurt like if I am pushing something too far into my ear. I think this may be because the end of the tube where the three holes are drilled seem to be a touch sharp or jagged and after all I am moving it around. I am going to try and wear them quite a bit for the next few days as I really don't want to send them back and have to wait again. I really need the to fit good though or whats the point.

Give it a few days or a week to settle in and see if the fit improves. Are you putting them in the right way with the whole counter-clockwise turning process?

As for the colors, did you speak with Zac directly during the design process? He handled my artwork flawlessly and it came out better than I expected.

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #2,604 of 3,787
let your ears get use to them first. I always feel really tight fitting when I don't wear it for several days.

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #2,605 of 3,787
Thanks guys, I am putting them in with the counter-clockwise turning method. Putting them in is not really a problem other than as they get in the end that goes in my ear is so close the the wall of my ear that it touches and can hurt. They do not seem too tight or anything as tupac mentioned. My only real issue is that they are too deep into my ear. I was thinking about this a lot last night and while I will give it a few more days I really don't think I will be able to use them as they are. They either need to be shorter or perhaps the end does not have quite the right shape. I feel like it would be OK if they turned up a bit at the end where they currently touch my ear wall, or whatever.

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #2,606 of 3,787

Quote:

As for the colors, did you speak with Zac directly during the design process? He handled my artwork flawlessly and it came out better than I expected.

No, I just designed them online. There was never any contact with JHAudio about the artwork. I was expecting some form of contact about the artwork but never got a call so I assumed everything was peachy.

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #2,607 of 3,787

My thoughts are that JH should remake the iems if the colour is so different. Did you just pick the stock colours offered by JH?  If so then the colour should be close at least.  I know that it is hard to hand them back again but at least they can fix the fit issue at the same time. Give JH a call and see what they say. 

Best of luck. They are a great iem and worth the time to get right. 
Quote:
Well the phones came in this morning. First thing I noticed was that the color was way off from what I wanted. They were supposed to look like the bright green phones below but instead they look more like the dark green ones. This completely messes up the look of the art work that I paid another $100 for as it needed a lite background.

Quite frankly this really pisses me off. I hope they will do something about it. I know their website says they will not guarantee colors but I still expect them to be close to what I designed, otherwise what is the point of the designer?

Nov 18, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #2,608 of 3,787
I'd agree with the above. If you chose a stock colour, it should be close. Even if you didn't, I'd assume they'd give you a call and sey "hey, we can't get your colour right. Would you care for dark green?"

Give them a call, and see what they say. It's a big investment (at least for me anyway), so you'll want to get it right. And if you still don't feel the fit is right for you, they can adress that issue too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back