JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Nov 2, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #2,581 of 3,787
Good form that JH are covering shipping for you.  They made the same mistake with mine but I never bothered getting it sorted.  One day I will need to get something checked/cleaned or whatever with the JH16 and so the flying ladies can but put on then.  I love the sound of the JH16 way too much to have them gone for 2 weeks to the other side of the globe.

And for what it is worth....I no longer find my JH16 at all bass heavy.  Sure they can rattle your brain when the source has the information there but for most music you wouldnt know the extra capability that is lurking.  I almost think that we get used to not hearing the extra bass detail so that when you listen to JH16's that it seems inflated.  These are just my own thoughts after a very long time of listening.  They were very bass heavy when new, as was my Rx2 amp, but with time they both brightened up.

Cheers

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #2,582 of 3,787
I also mentioned that my jh16pro 's build quality are not that good at all, comparing to UE cm monitors. 

Nov 4, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #2,583 of 3,787
Well I am a bit disappointed right now...

I sent my impressions to them in october, during CanJam so there was nobody at the office to receive them. With that in mind, I called them yesterday and they told me that they didn't receive them, except my tracking number says the clearly arrived at JH. I was informed that they would try looking for them. Hopefully they find them... I don't want to be making a third set of impressions as I have been waiting since September to get my IEM's... At least they have good CS.

Nov 4, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #2,584 of 3,787

Quote:
Good form that JH are covering shipping for you.  They made the same mistake with mine but I never bothered getting it sorted.  One day I will need to get something checked/cleaned or whatever with the JH16 and so the flying ladies can but put on then.  I love the sound of the JH16 way too much to have them gone for 2 weeks to the other side of the globe.

And for what it is worth....I no longer find my JH16 at all bass heavy.  Sure they can rattle your brain when the source has the information there but for most music you wouldnt know the extra capability that is lurking.  I almost think that we get used to not hearing the extra bass detail so that when you listen to JH16's that it seems inflated.  These are just my own thoughts after a very long time of listening.  They were very bass heavy when new, as was my Rx2 amp, but with time they both brightened up.

Cheers

This...

I never understood how people can say they are bass heavy. Most audiophiles here on this forum seem to mistake neutrality for lack of bass. To that extend the JH16 Pro are not overblown but in fact very neutral in reproducing what the source provides. Bass in = Bass out. In fact I actually turn my Cowon J3 Mach3Bass on 6, because personally it sounds just right when listening to most of my Metal songs...

Nov 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #2,585 of 3,787
I have always found the JH16's extra headroom has an ambient factor which makes it sound reminiscent  to what live sets reproduce  and as Kremer930 and Galation have noted  it will only go down low as the source material is recorded or intended to be. 

Nov 6, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #2,586 of 3,787
Further to Fortisflyer's comments, I remember when trying to decide between the JH13 and the JH16 that there was a view that the 13's were more of a flat reference frequency response and that 16's were more for Bassheads. I am not a Basshead and value accurate and realistic reproduction. I find that a well broken in set of 16's to have bass that captures the impact of live music.

I was lucky that I decided to go for the 16's only because they were the top at the time and they didn't cost much more than the 13's. 

Nov 6, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #2,587 of 3,787
I agree having owned both JH13 and JH16.  I hear JH16 as a very full sounding IEM versus just being very bassy.  It doesn't have the W3 bass problem and is very well done IMHO.

JH13 has insane speed, detail and transparency but lacks the fullness I enjoy that adds to the emotional aspect of the listening experience.  Jerry did add a lower bass boost which helps but sometimes it just seems out of place.  Perhaps adding mid-bass (like JH5) would have been better but I suspect it would have messed up the overall neutral sig.

Nov 7, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #2,588 of 3,787
My JH16's just came in the mail 20 minutes ago. I should have had these alot earlier, but the first set of impressions I had done, was done by a **** that did not even care to read the instructions. So far, so good. Just fittted them into my ears, and wow - these things are great.

I do hope they improve a bit after burn-in though. Will keep u posted.

Nov 7, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #2,590 of 3,787
Loving the JH16's more and more for every track. Isolation is crazy, and I'm so thrilled the fit seems to be just right.

I feel like taking the rest of the day off all the reading I was supposed to do, and just rediscover all my favorite albums, lol.

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #2,591 of 3,787
Bummer, I was hoping to have my JH16's in some time soon as it has been 7 days since my impressions were received by JH Audio. When I ordered them the web site claimed 5-7 days turnaround from when they received the impressions.

They must be busy however because the site now says 11-14 business days. At first I thought I had misread it but this google snapshot does show the initial turnaround of 5-7 days has been changed recently..

http://flic.kr/p/aDwwLF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back